Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,233 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by HoakyPoaky
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 125.
    2 weeks later
    #5252 2 years ago

Hooray, now it's in a legal ruling....lol

https://www.newsweek.com/judge-calls-most-recent-star-wars-films-mediocre-schlocky-ruling-1597859

PS: latest rumor is George is back! He maybe putting up the money for the next trilogy (I doubt it, I think he hates KK too much to come back) and he's writing an episode for Andor, the second one seems more plausible.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/6/1/22463805/star-wars-rumor-george-lucas-lucasfilm-disney

#5253 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Hooray, now it's in a legal ruling....lol
    https://www.newsweek.com/judge-calls-most-recent-star-wars-films-mediocre-schlocky-ruling-1597859
    PS: latest rumor is George is back! He maybe putting up the money for the next trilogy (I doubt it, I think he hates KK too much to come back) and he's writing an episode for Andor, the second one seems more plausible.
    https://www.deseret.com/2021/6/1/22463805/star-wars-rumor-george-lucas-lucasfilm-disney

George isn't coming back.

1) He hates Star Wars fans.

2) Got billions in the bank.

Disney's "efforts" make the prequels almost watchable. All downside for George to get involved at this point.

Not to say it might not happen for a variety of reasons but long odds of it happening. Disney might have some clause in the sales agreement for all we know that says they have the right to "recall George" under certain conditions or he forfeits further monies.

#5254 2 years ago

I read that as KK will be allowed to finish production on IJ5 (which just started shooting). Once that releases in 2022, she's out at Lucasfilm. I think that's pretty understood at this point.

Why not bring on Lucas in some capacity? Producer makes sense. Returning as head of Lucasfim? Zero chance.

Lucas is still close with Filoni. He visits the Mando sets. He informally advises Filoni/Faveru on plot & story. The guy just sits around not doing much anymore, so why not come back & get his feet wet writing an edisode of Andor? I don't see a problem with that. But he'll NEVER be given the reigns to write/direct/produce another trilogy.

#5255 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

latest rumor is George is back! He maybe putting up the money for the next trilogy

Why would Disney need money from George to fund the next SW trilogy? Seems unlikely they'd want to hand out any unnecessary slices of the box-office pie.

Quoted from kvan99:

he's writing an episode for Andor, the second one seems more plausible.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Lucas is still close with Filoni. He visits the Mando sets. He informally advises Filoni/Faveru on plot & story. The guy just sits around not doing much anymore, so why not come back & get his feet wet writing an edisode of Andor?

Sure, why not, if he's interested in writing or working on a discrete Disney side-project I could imagine Disney going for it. Especially if it's something for Disney+ where the stakes are lower than in the theater.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Disney might have some clause in the sales agreement for all we know that says they have the right to "recall George" under certain conditions or he forfeits further monies.

So you think George was being literal when he referred to Disney as "white slavers"?

#5256 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would Disney need money from George to fund the next SW trilogy? Seems unlikely they'd want to hand out any unnecessary slices of the box-office pie.

Sure, why not, if he's interested in writing or working on a discrete Disney side-project I could imagine Disney going for it. Especially if it's something for Disney+ where the stakes are lower than in the theater.

So you think George was being literal when he referred to Disney as "white slavers"?

No Disney doesn't need his money, if this is true....and that's a big if! Lucas may have insisted to be the producer, he will control production and he won't have studio people on his back telling him what to do because it's his money. Disney will share the profit through distribution without investing 400 to 500 million. Also, Disney may want to burnish the image of the franchise no one can do that like the creator so there is that reason. Lastly, he might have a nice story up his sleeve and that's a major headache for a studio to order, write and rewrite, discard, rewrite again and finally clean up. That last part alone is worth the price...a bad story can be a major blow to the franchise at this point.

#5257 2 years ago

Lucas is like 87 years old and a multi billionaire. He ain't directing shit.

#5258 2 years ago

Only way I can see Lucas getting involved is if he's bored. He hates that star wars fans hated episodes 1-3. He probably is sitting at Skywalker Ranch laughing his ass off. His kids movies(1-3) are WAAAAY better than the incoherent 7-9. Lol. They should do away with star wars movies. Anthology Disney plus shows are where it's at.

Luke Skywalker is dead, long live.

#5259 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

His kids movies(1-3) are WAAAAY better than the incoherent 7-9. Lol.

Debatable! And not because I think 7-9 are masterpieces.... But my theory is that people who make this kind of statement usually haven't watched the prequels in a while. I viewed them with my kids recently and they're just as shitty as I'd remembered!

#5260 2 years ago

Why would George even think of it? Isn't he 70+? Just enjoy retirement and let the Wok crowd do as they seem fit.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Debatable! And not because I think 7-9 are masterpieces.... But my theory is that people who make this kind of statement usually haven't watched the prequels in a while. I viewed them with my kids recently and they're just as shitty as I'd remembered!

First one wasn't too bad.

#5261 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Jarjar Midichlorian would like a word with you. Roger Roger!

#5262 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why would George even think of it? Isn't he 70+? Just enjoy retirement and let the Wok crowd do as they seem fit.

Wasn't good either.

#5263 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I tried watching a fan edit of prequels a year or two ago, it really was no better and shut it off after a half hour.

There is only so much you can do in editing.

#5264 2 years ago

Listen up, nerds. The sequel trilogy being awful does not somehow make the prequels good. They are still the steaming hot, poorly written, poorly acted, poorly directed flaming pile of dog shit they always were. It makes me scratch my head in confusion when you guys get a lump in your pants over the thought of Lucas coming back to direct a re-do of the last 3 movies. Like there's any chance that they would be even remotely competent on any level.

#5265 2 years ago

Oh God no more please

#5266 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:The sequel trilogy being awful does not somehow make the prequels good

If any of the prequels were on tv I would leave them on for background noise. I can't say the same for the new trilogy. Regardless neither sequel trilogy lived up to what could have been. And it sucks. It hurts.

Also, new Indiana Jones? Puke. Double puke. TRIPLE puke! What's the plot going to be? Indiana Jones and the quest for Chemotherapy? Motherfucker survived a nuclear test and whatever radiation those aliens gave off. Get the fuck outta here.

#5267 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Also, new Indiana Jones? Puke. Double puke. TRIPLE puke! What's the plot going to be? Indiana Jones and the quest for Chemotherapy? Motherfucker survived a nuclear test and whatever radiation those aliens gave off. Get the fuck outta here.

Nobody wants to see geriatric & married Indy.

Nobody.

#5268 2 years ago

As my friend remarked when we were leaving the theater, Indiana Jones' wedding was a giant middle-finger to the fans. Now that we're talking about it, they probably should have called it "Indiana Jones Got Married" to manage viewer expectations.

1 week later
    #5269 2 years ago

Anyone watched Loki? it's quite good, the production design is top notch and the story is well written, at least the first episode.

#5270 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Anyone watched Loki? it's quite good, the production design is top notch and the story is well written, at least the first episode.

It's not bad. I fell asleep during episode two though. Too much time travel explanation crap, resetting the timeline.

#5271 2 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

It's not bad. I fell asleep during episode two though. Too much time travel explanation crap, resetting the timeline.

do you have to watch all these tv shows to know whats going on in the next set of movies then?

#5272 2 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

I reviewer I like is positive these shows are all failed movie pitches with lots of dialog added to make up the difference in runtime.

#5273 2 years ago

Loki is Marvels best TV show by far. Wandavision was ultimately a disappointment after so much buildup, and Falcon/Winter Solider was incredibly boring & downright unwatchable.

Loki's story line is unique, introducing new elements using a fan favorite character. It's setting up where the future of the MCU is headed after the events of Infinity War. There's no putting that time travel genie back in the bottle.

Multiverses have been apart of comics for decades, but it's a fine line to get it right. It gives writers the freedom to do anything really, but if you mess with continuity too much, and you can end up with a big storytelling trainwreck & lose your audience. Marvel, DC & Sony studios are ALL going this route.

Marvel has the best chance to get it right, by eventually introducing time traveling villain Kang the Conquer, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, the Watchers, the Negative Zone, the X-Men, etc etc. Big potential there unfolding over many years. DC is going this route for their Flashpoint movie, by bringing back Michael Keaton as Batman, and mashing all their past films into a huge time travel event. Even the new Sony Spider-Man movie is rumored to be bringing back Doc Ock, Electro & the old Spiderman actors. IDK but it would be pretty easy to jump the shark in any of these scenarios.

But with that said, I'm really enjoying Loki so far. Infinity stones are old news. Time for new ideas & new characters.

#5274 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Loki is Marvels best TV show by far. Wandavision was ultimately a disappointment after so much buildup, and Falcon/Winter Solider was incredibly boring & downright unwatchable.
    Loki's story line is unique, introducing new elements using a fan favorite character. It's setting up where the future of the MCU is headed after the events of Infinity War. There's no putting that time travel genie back in the bottle.
    Multiverses have been apart of comics for decades, but it's a fine line to get it right. It gives writers the freedom to do anything really, but if you mess with continuity too much, and you can end up with a big storytelling trainwreck & lose your audience. Marvel, DC & Sony studios are ALL going this route.
    Marvel has the best chance to get it right, by eventually introducing time traveling villain Kang the Conquer, the Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom, the Watchers, the Negative Zone, the X-Men, etc etc. Big potential there unfolding over many years. DC is going this route for their Flashpoint movie, by bringing back Michael Keaton as Batman, and mashing all their past films into a huge time travel event. Even the new Sony Spider-Man movie is rumored to be bringing back Doc Ock, Electro & the old Spiderman actors. IDK but it would be pretty easy to jump the shark in any of these scenarios.
    But with that said, I'm really enjoying Loki so far. Infinity stones are old news. Time for new ideas & new characters.

Unique is right, Loki is a villain so it's cool the show is centered around him . Wandavision was such a waste of time.

#5275 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Unique is right, Loki is a villain so it's cool the show is centered around him . Wandavision was such a waste of time.

WandaVision was like fluff that used to be on the Extras DVD... zero substance the last episode was the only episode really worth watching. TFAWS was blah. Loki is the best one yet.

IMO as far as content for Disney+ I'd say the best series so far has been Mando which is extremely impressive for me considering I actually walked out of the theater star wars last jedi & didn't even bother to go see rise of skywalker.

#5276 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

WandaVision was like fluff that used to be on the Extras DVD... zero substance the last episode was the only episode really worth watching. TFAWS was blah. Loki is the best one yet.
    IMO as far as content for Disney+ I'd say the best series so far has been Mando which is extremely impressive for me considering I actually walked out of the theater star wars last jedi & didn't even bother to go see rise of skywalker.

You walked out on TLJ...my man!

61087715 (resized).jpg61087715 (resized).jpg
    #5277 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Multiverses have been apart of comics for decades, but it's a fine line to get it right

Loki is fun so far. I hope Marvel doesn't bring into the fold any of those characters you mentioned with exception to Kang. We don't need fantastic four, doct door, X-Men or any of that other shit. Maybe add two or three new characters for the avengers level team up but no more. Marvel hopefully will avoid comic book bloat.

Limited series is where the money is at. One to three seasons of a show if it's good. Have multiple shows and the characters bounce around to each other's shows. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mando season 3 could blow big chunks. Loki season 2? Maybe if this season is good and the writing sets up more time travel, time repair plots. We shall see.

#5278 2 years ago

Also new season's ep1 of Rick and Morty is free on YouTube. Newest episode is on point and good.

#5279 2 years ago

I’m really enjoying the Bad Batch series now. Filloni is knocking it out of the park and truly understands what the SW fans want. He did an outstanding job on The Clone Wars (and Mando) and now he’s bringing back some of the characters from Clone Wars into Bad Batch (no spoilers, but you’ll be happy).

The story is getting better and better and the animation is top notch. Kudos to everyone involved in these shows. A great time to be a SW fan.

#5280 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Loki is fun so far. I hope Marvel doesn't bring into the fold any of those characters you mentioned with exception to Kang. We don't need fantastic four, doct door, X-Men or any of that other shit. Maybe add two or three new characters for the avengers level team up but no more. Marvel hopefully will avoid comic book bloat.
    Limited series is where the money is at. One to three seasons of a show if it's good. Have multiple shows and the characters bounce around to each other's shows. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Mando season 3 could blow big chunks. Loki season 2? Maybe if this season is good and the writing sets up more time travel, time repair plots. We shall see.

Sounds like you don’t follow upcoming Marvel projects. Disney didn’t pay billions to acquire Fox for nothing. Marvel definitely wanted their classic characters like x-men & FF back so they can do them properly. That’s all phase 5 and after. Phase 4 is just the traditional buildup over the next 3 years. So long Infinity Stones, hello Multiverses. Phase 4 is a transition period, introducing lots of D-list characters like Eternals, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Kamala Khan, Shang Chi, etc across film & TV. These new characters cannot bear the load of the future MCU. And the Black Widow kickoff got delayed over a year thanks to COVID. So Phase 5 can’t get here fast enough IMO.

There won’t be season 2 for any of these Disney+ Marvel shows as far as I know. They’re like limited series comics. They all tie or jump into upcoming MCU films.

#5281 2 years ago

Well this is about the only thing we got wrong, which to me would have been the easiest thing to get right....go figure.

Quote:
    "2021 is a contract year for Kennedy and it has been widely assumed that she would not be returning to her post. Today, however, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek confirmed that is not, in fact, the case.

At the 2021 Walt Disney Company Meeting of Shareholders, Chapek was asked if Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, or someone else would take the reigns at Lucasfilm when Kennedy’s contract expires later this year. Chapek stated unequivocally:

We look forward to having Kathy direct the activities of the entire Lucasfilm organization for many years to come."

#5282 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Loki is Marvels best TV show by far.

Uh oh, Loki better look out, the homophobe Karen's want to cancel him.

#5283 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Well this is about the only thing we got wrong, which to me would have been the easiest thing to get right....go figure.
    Quote:
    "2021 is a contract year for Kennedy and it has been widely assumed that she would not be returning to her post. Today, however, Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek confirmed that is not, in fact, the case.
    At the 2021 Walt Disney Company Meeting of Shareholders, Chapek was asked if Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, or someone else would take the reigns at Lucasfilm when Kennedy’s contract expires later this year. Chapek stated unequivocally:
    We look forward to having Kathy direct the activities of the entire Lucasfilm organization for many years to come."

My stomach hurts.

#5284 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Sounds like you don’t follow upcoming Marvel projects.

I sorta follow but I really have no interest in alot of the content. Winter solder and falcon? Pass. Wandavision? After watching it, I wouldn't recommend it. Loki? So far so good. Shang chi? Probs a pass.

Also keep in mind Sony is going to be shoveling out spiderman content left and right.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

So Phase 5 can’t get here fast enough IMO

Totally agree. Ant man 3 and doct strange 2 can't get here fast enough and the movies after can't come fast enough.

If it's Kang so be it. Let's get back to superhero team ups and destruction! Where dem transformers movies at?!

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They all tie or jump into upcoming MCU films.

Also carte viewing basically.

#5285 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

We look forward to having Kathy direct the activities of the entire Lucasfilm organization for many years to come.

She has to have a little equity in the franchise right? Like was she a big part of brokering the deal with Lucas and Disney or something?

Maybe it boils down to money. Ep 7-9 aren't good but made a few billion and a billion is better than million.

#5287 2 years ago

The name of the ship is not even very prominent on the packaging. I guess mine will be a collector edition, now.

Slave_I (resized).pngSlave_I (resized).png

#5288 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

The name of the ship is not even very prominent on the packaging. I guess mine will be a collector edition, now.
    [quoted image]

you gotta get the boba fett starship version ASAP!

#5289 2 years ago

Ah yes. Of course this was going to happen. Looking forward to the day Disney recons the movies & refers to Master Yoda as Controller Yoda.

Disney can do what they want, but Boba's ship will always be Slave I to me. Best starship design in the history of Science Fiction IMO. I'd love to fly it. Haha

slaveboom.gifslaveboom.gif
    #5290 2 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

you gotta get the boba fett starship version ASAP!

You're not kidding either. Every Slave I Lego set just became a collector's item overnight!

This one is set up in my office. My most cherished lego set of all. It's fricking huge & it's awesome.

lego.jpglego.jpg
    #5291 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Looking forward to the day Disney recons the movies & refers to Master Yoda as Controller Yoda.

I think "Commander Yoda" has a better ring to it.

#5292 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ah yes. Of course this was going to happen. Looking forward to the day Disney recons the movies & refers to Master Yoda as Controller Yoda.
    Disney can do what they want, but Boba's ship will always be Slave I to me. Best starship design in the history of Science Fiction IMO. I'd love to fly it. Haha
    [quoted image]

What a fucking idiotic move. Bradbury was right.

#5293 2 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mention Harrison Ford's shoulder injury yet.

Disney is claiming that he is out for 6 to 8 weeks, which is widely optimistic for a 78 year old man.

Shooting on the last Indy movie that KK is in charge of has been SHUT DOWN.

No second unit shooting, nothing.

This is a huge tell as it would cost tens of millions of dollars to spool back up production. 'ol Bob the accountant CEO of Disney may have decided to pull the plug on the whole thing the rumor mill is stating. The fact that production has shut down cold might lend some credence to the story. Have to wait and see..

#5294 2 years ago

Didn't the same thing happen filming Episode 7? Ford just crushed by the Falcon's door & broke his leg, and ended up delaying production?

I always said they should have de-aged Ford for Indy 5, set the film in the 40's & use a double for the whole movie. From what I've seen from the new leaked photos with dots on Ford's face, they are de-aging him for sure but think that's only for a few flashback scenes.

#5295 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Didn't the same thing happen filming Episode 7? Ford just crushed by the Falcon's door & broke his leg, and ended up delaying production?

He broke his leg, not sure how much it delayed things (one report said in all it was just 2 weeks) as they had plenty of other things to shoot and he wasn't the central character.

#5296 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm surprised no one has mention Harrison Ford's shoulder injury yet.

What'd he crash this time, a jet ski? I'd hate to see his insurance premiums.

#5297 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

He was rehearsing on set and suffered a major shoulder injury.

Shoulder injuries suck when you are in your prime, rotator cuff will set you back for 4 to 6 months minimum I'm told by our physical therapy dept. 78 years old with a history of injuries? He just broke his pelvis and ankle in a plane crash in 2015.

#5298 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

He was rehearsing on set and suffered a major shoulder injury.

"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." Maybe we'll find out that Indy can whip with his left as well as his right.

Speaking of honey, wonder what they'll do with Mrs. Jones in this outing. Will she be killed by the Nazis in the first five minutes, or turn out to be a femebot? To maintain symmetry they could kill off Marion in the first reel, but Indy rebounds and marries Willie as the credits roll.

#5299 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

"It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage." Maybe we'll find out that he can whip with his left as well as his right.

Told you they were lying and still are.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/30/harrison-fords-injury-delays-indiana-jones-5-longer-than-expected/

1) He was actually on the set filming so insurance will be involved.

2) Surgery, minimum four months at best. At best. They are stating at least three months which is wildly optimistic.

harrison-ford-58 (resized).jpgharrison-ford-58 (resized).jpg
    #5300 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

This comment reminded me of a great Ford plane crash prank phone call from a few years ago. haha

https://soundcloud.com/howardstern/harrison-ford-crashes-onto-tradio-in-new-phony-phone-call

There are 6,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.