Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,309 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Friengineer
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 220 votes
      33%
    • decent, better than the prequels 245 votes
      37%
    • really good, on par with the originals 79 votes
      12%
    • great! one of the best 79 votes
      12%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 48 votes
      7%

(671 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

harrison-ford-58 (resized).jpg
    lego.jpg
    slaveboom.gif
    Slave_I (resized).png
    61087715 (resized).jpg
    SnyderWidescreen_example (resized).jpg
    BMMachineGun_5c917cfb82ee17.62058099 (resized).jpg
    batman-the-dark-knight-returns-signed-autograph-signature-limited-edition-le-frank-miller-hardback-graphic-novel-signed-and-numbered-1 (resized).jpg
    STBA-thevisiondirectorscut-Poster (resized).jpg
    2021.01.06-02.02-boundingintocomics-5ff51a38b42c6 (resized).jpeg
    2021.01.06-02.02-boundingintocomics-5ff51a3f14f6b (resized).jpeg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    1610886169325251765818638804867_150848256482162 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1610392014943 (resized).jpg
    a0b0babadd3a8ced (resized).jpg
    Dark_Forces_box_cover (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5309 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 107.
    #5051 8 months ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Um...what? Did you not watch Clone Wars? It was fuckin great to see Ashoka in live action.

I am so glad I watched Clone Wars and Rebels! It's paying off now! Resistance was hard for me to get into, watched season one and gave up on it!

#5052 8 months ago
    Quoted from attyrhodes:

Um...what? Did you not watch Clone Wars? It was fuckin great to see Ashoka in live action.

Ashoka Tano was also in season two and four of Star Wars Rebels.

#5053 8 months ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Jedi are boring. Lightsabers are boring. The fucking Empire is boring.

Then Star Wars isn't for you. There's plenty of dystopian sci-fi out there with seedy underbellies that has none of the things you find boring, and that also make Star Wars unique.

#5054 8 months ago

For those unfamiliar with her history, rest assured that Ashoka Tano is a wonderful character & a big fan favorite. It was pretty thrilling just seeing her in live action for the first time. She's a badass with a full complete character arc, written & revealed over many years of buildup. The hardcore fans are fully invested in her & I'm glad she's finally being seen by the general public.

at.gif

#5055 8 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

For those unfamiliar with her history, rest assured that Ashoka Tano is a wonderful character & a big fan favorite. It was pretty thrilling just seeing her in live action for the first time. She's a badass with a full complete character arc, written & revealed over many years of buildup. The hardcore fans are fully invested in her & I'm glad she's finally being seen by the general public.
    [quoted image]

Many an episode of Clone Wars with my kids, nice to see that they did her justice here.

#5056 8 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Many an episode of Clone Wars with my kids, nice to see that they did her justice here.

She's everything that Rey wasn't. It's why I think the fan female-hating accusations were so ridiculous. I love Ashoka & hate Rey. It has absolutely nothing to do with gender & everything to do with poor writing & great character development.

It reminds me of this......Ashoka had a throwaway line in the last episode. She said "The Force is what gives him his powers. It is an energy field created by all living things. To wield it takes a great deal of training and discipline."

Meanwhile....Rey 3 days after first hearing about the force....

reylev.gif

Ep 7-9 just plain shit writing with no respect for character or lore that came before it.

Thank god for The Mandalorian. It redeemed Star Wars. Looking forward to enjoying the story progression.

#5057 8 months ago

If Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni had done 7,8 and 9 I bet they would have been a 1000 times better then what we got!

#5058 8 months ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

If Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni had done 7,8 and 9 I bet they would have been a 1000 times better then what we got!

When Ashoka revealed she was after Grand Admiral Thrawn, all the pieces began to line up. It's going to be a dream come true for fans.

Thrawn was the main antagonist from the Timothy Zahn Thrawn Trilogy novels of the 90's, which was essentially the fan consensus for post-ROTJ lore for 30 fricking years. Then Disney came along, bought Lucasfilm and unwisely threw the entire expanded universe in the garbage, because they wanted to come up with their own post-ROTJ stories & characters. How'd that work out again?

Thankfully Filoni is no dummy & realized there was a wealth of well written characters & stories from the discarded extended universe. He introduced Thrawn in Rebels & took elements from these stories & integrated them with his own ideas/characters on his other shows. It sure seems like he is tying it all together now.

If Mando eventually turns into a Rebels conclusion, tied together with parts of the Thrawn Trilogy novels, then we are all in for a real treat. What Ep 7-9 should have been. But they can still get away telling the story we all wanted thanks to a 20 year gap between ROTJ & TFA.

#5059 8 months ago

It's quite possible that The Mandaorian show stays limited in it's scope, and just tells the story of the liberation of Mandalore & the darksaber. The Mando's story might end there, and another show spins off in it's place. Probably focused on Ashoka & Grogu & plays into the larger picture with Thrawn's Empire remnant fleet in the Outer Regions, eventually leading to Luke's involvment, Mara Jade, the building of his Jedi Academy, etc.

Thankfully with Filoni clearly in charge of storytelling at Lucasfilm now, I think Star Wars is finally in good hands. I just don't like the fact that Kennedy is still luking around. Hopefully she will be out when her contract is up next year.

I would hire Faverau to run Lucasfilm, and let Filoni tell these stories & fill in all the Skywalker Saga gaps on Disney+ TV shows over the coming years. Hire someone else to focus writing & making an Old Republic Trilogy for the theaters, that could expand to even more episodes. That's an era ripe for development that has nothing to do with Skywalker bloodlines.

That's a pretty sound SW business model for the next decade or more.

#5060 8 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's a pretty sound SW business model for the next decade or more

Yes! Keep putting together solid mini-series & do another KOTOR game & some movies!

#5061 8 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It's quite possible that The Mandaorian show stays limited in it's scope, and just tells the story of the liberation of Mandalore & the darksaber. The Mando's story might end there, and another show spins off in it's place. Probably focused on Ashoka & Grogu & plays into the larger picture with Thrawn's Empire remnant fleet in the Outer Regions, eventually leading to Luke's involvment, Mara Jade, the building of his Jedi Academy, etc.
    Thankfully with Filoni clearly in charge of storytelling at Lucasfilm now, I think Star Wars is finally in good hands. I just don't like the fact that Kennedy is still luking around. Hopefully she will be out when her contract is up next year.
    I would hire Faverau to run Lucasfilm, and let Filoni tell these stories & fill in all the Skywalker Saga gaps on Disney+ TV shows over the coming years. Hire someone else to focus writing & making an Old Republic Trilogy for the theaters, that could expand to even more episodes. That's an era ripe for development that has nothing to do with Skywalker bloodlines.
    That's a pretty sound SW business model for the next decade or more.

I agree with you for the most part, at least fans are in charge of this series, but I’m not convinced either one is leadership material. As far as Faverau’s storytelling I think he should leave the writing to others and just play producer, he knows how to keep thing humming along..but I don’t think neither one can sub for Lucas. This thing needs a manager with taste who can bring in the right people for the different projects and exclude the Abrams, Johnsons and the Jonathan Kasdan type phonies because he/she knows the material and history of the franchise.

#5062 8 months ago

I think it’s pretty clear the new head of Disney has put Kennedy in her place & let Favreau/Filoni takeover Disney+ storytelling for the immediate future. I’m sure he took one look at the huge Baby Yoda merchandising numbers & positive Mandalorian feedback & said you guy please just keep doing what you’re doing. Nobody in this company is going to fuck with you, including Kennedy.

I feel this also ties into the Obiwan TV show. It was all set to begin production when the Mando & Clone Wars Season 7 premiered, and then suddenly the show was delayed. Most took this as a sign of more problems at Lucasfilm, but I think it was a clear sign of the restructuring of power.

Favreau/Filloni were given the power to review Kennedy’s Obiwan scripts. They didn’t like them & said they would rewrite & do something different. Knowing Filloni, I’m sure he wanted to tie the Obiwan show to his Clone Wars finale & what they have planned for Mando.

My guess? Obiwan show will tie into Baby Yoda “cloudy” time after being taken from the Jedi Temple, as well as finalize the story arc of Darth Maul & his lust for revenge against Obiwan. Perhaps Maul uses him as bait to get Obiwan out of hiding. Who knows. But I’m sure the production delay is tied to Filloni’s rewrites.

Kennedy just sticking around to launch those woke High Republic novels that no one will care about.

I think you’re correct as well. Filloni the better storyteller, and Favreau the better producer/director. They make a good team if you ask me.

#5063 8 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I think it’s pretty clear the new head of Disney has put Kennedy in her place & let Favreau/Filoni takeover Disney+ storytelling for the immediate future. I’m sure he took one look at the huge Baby Yoda merchandising numbers & positive Mandalorian feedback & said you guy please just keep doing what you’re doing. Nobody in this company is going to fuck with you, including Kennedy.
    I feel this also ties into the Obiwan TV show. It was all set to begin production when the Mando & Clone Wars Season 7 premiered, and then suddenly the show was delayed. Most took this as a sign of more problems at Lucasfilm, but I think it was a clear sign of the restructuring of power.
    Favreau/Filloni were given the power to review Kennedy’s Obiwan scripts. They didn’t like them & said they would rewrite & do something different. Knowing Filloni, I’m sure he wanted to tie the Obiwan show to his Clone Wars finale & what they have planned for Mando.
    My guess? Obiwan show will tie into Baby Yoda “cloudy” time after being taken from the Jedi Temple, as well as finalize the story arc of Darth Maul & his lust for revenge against Obiwan. Perhaps Maul uses him as bait to get Obiwan out of hiding. Who knows. But I’m sure the production delay is tied to Filloni’s rewrites.
    Kennedy just sticking around to launch those woke High Republic novels that no one will care about.
    I think you’re correct as well. Filloni the better storyteller, and Favreau the better producer/director. They make a good team if you ask me.

Not so fast-

Kray-Kray not out the door just yet and insiders say.. she might be around for a bit more.

Obiwan is coming out but the crazy cat lady is turning it into a feminist empowerment vehicle again. If you look at the casting call, it calls for a 25 year old female called Eve who is the CO-LEAD.

Rumor has it Kennedy has threatened to spill the beans about the inflated numbers for the streaming services and Disney wants nothing to impact the stock prices.. which is keeping them afloat at the moment.

Which leaves Disney executives with the terrifying problem of an angry Jon Favreau who has made Mickey the G&T billions and had already measured Kennedy’s office for drapes.

#5064 8 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Not so fast-
    Kray-Kray not out the door just yet and insiders say.. she might be around for a bit more.
    Obiwan is coming out but the crazy cat lady is turning it into a feminist empowerment vehicle again. If you look at the casting call, it calls for a 25 year old female called Eve who is the CO-LEAD.
    Rumor has it Kennedy has threatened to spill the beans about the inflated numbers for the streaming services and Disney wants nothing to impact the stock prices.. which is keeping them afloat at the moment.
    Which leaves Disney executives with the terrifying problem of an angry Jon Favreau who has made Mickey the G&T billions and had already measured Kennedy’s office for drapes.

Hmm, not sure where to start, I don’t know where you’re getting your info but executives at these levels sign contracts which have language covering company secrets, strategies, reputation and other sensitive info. Second, she probably holds millions in Disney stock like all the rest of the leadership. Third, I don’t see how she’ll survive when her biggest hit has been the brainchild of two guys who basically shut her out and had Iger green light their project. Also, Disney stock is going to be 170+ as soon as COVID is behind us.

#5065 8 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Hmm, not sure where to start, I don’t know where you’re getting your info but executives at these levels sign contracts which have language covering company secrets, strategies, reputation and other sensitive info. Second, she probably holds millions in Disney stock like all the rest of the leadership. Third, I don’t see how she’ll survive when her biggest hit has been the brainchild of two guys who basically shut her out and had Iger green light their project. Also, Disney stock is going to be 170+ as soon as COVID is behind us.

Time will tell, the guy providing the info has been right several times about what is happening at Disney.

#5066 7 months ago

Thoughts on last " Boba Fet " Episode ??

#5067 7 months ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Thoughts on last " Boba Fet " Episode ??

Lots of fan service but enjoyable in this case.

One of the complaints and puzzles of Fett was why he had such an outsized grip on the imaginations of the fans. After all, he really didn't do much in ESB and in TROJ he got his ass knocked into a pit by a blind guy.

The fan service was him doing bad ass stuff to justify the perceived image.

The dark troopers nice nod to the 90's video game I wasted many hours on =)

Dark_Forces_box_cover (resized).jpg
    #5068 7 months ago

By far S2E6 is the best episode of the entire series so far. I can't really express the unexpected joy I felt seeing the Slave 1 appear out of nowhere. I was NOT expecting that & it was thrilling to see. I actually felt that the "Boba" tease in S2S1 was all we were going to get..... now just a hermit living on Tatooine. Boy I'm glad I was wrong.

The Slave 1 is probably the most iconic solo flying ship in science fiction. Can't wait to see more of it.

I was also happy last year when I heard Robert Rodrigez would be directing an episode this season, and he really came though on the action in this one. Boba was justified as the badass we all knew he was. Cracking skulls with his staff, deadeye aim, double blaster bolt gauntlets, knee missles, jetpack rockets, big explosions! It was a dream come true for me, especially when I wasn't expecting it at all.

And believe me, SW cosplayers everywhere are THRILLED Boba has put on a few pounds in his old age. Now overweight fans won't feel so self-conscious about building an updated Boba suit.

Plus seeing those robot Dark Troopers was amazing. They are like an evil Iron Man for the SW universe. And Gideon has at least 20 of them. And probably an over sized wearable exo-suit version for himself. Something like the Hulkbuster IM armor. Combined with the dark saber, he's turned into quite the imperial badass.

So much fan service, combined with a great story & interesting characters. That's all anyone really asked for in the first place. Bring on the Grand Moff Tarkin reveal!

#5069 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And probably an over sized wearable exo-suit version for himself. Something like the Hulkbuster IM armor. Combined with the dark saber, he's turned into quite the imperial badass.

If they are lifting from the 90's video game, he has his own super armor.

I looked up the history of the Mandalorian while stuck at work one Saturday, the darksaber is actually belongs to the Mandalorians if I remember correct so might tie into a character already shown.

#5070 7 months ago

Another interesting point was made last episode, which reflects on the current power structure at Lucasfilm.

Pablo Hidalgo is this SJW that leads the SW story group, which was formed by Disney when they bought Lucasfilm. Kennedy hired him. He was the authority of Star Wars knowledge inside Lucasfilm during the filming of Episodes 7-9. I've read that JJ Abrams had him on speed dial for writing & production questions. Can we do this? What would Luke do here? Etc etc. This guy also took great pleasure in trolling older SW fans on Twitter & rubbing them the wrong way for years.

So this Hidalgo has maintained for years, whenever asked, that Jango Fett & Boba Fett were definitely NOT Mandalorians. Fett was just a mercenary for hire who stole Mando armor. This episode definitively buries that line of thought. Thanks to Boba's chain code, he revealed Jango Fett not only was a Mandalorian foundling like Din Djarin, but also fought in the Mando Civil wars.

What's the big deal? It proves that Pablo Hidalgo isn't calling the shots anymore. Filoni/Faverau have clearly has taken over that role. Further proof that no one at Lucasfilm can overrule them.

#5071 7 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

If they are lifting from the 90's video game, he has his own super armor.
    I looked up the history of the Mandalorian while stuck at work one Saturday, the darksaber is actually belongs to the Mandalorians if I remember correct so might tie into a character already shown.

Oh no question. If you watch the Clone Wars & Rebels shows, it covers the entire history of the darksaber. He who owns the darksaber claims the right to rule Mandalore. Which is why Bo Katan in S2E4 was so desperately after Moff Gideon in order to reclaim it. It was in the hands of another Rebels character last last time it was spotted, which leads many to think more Rebel characters will be introducted into live action.

The scope of the show is going to get huge as the seasons progress.

#5072 7 months ago

So now that Boba & Din race to free Migs Mayfield from a Republic prison to help them in their quest get back Grogu..... I wonder what other seedy characters are they going to run into in that prison? I'll free you guys, but only if you help us on this mission etc etc.

Pretty likely to assume the other mercenary characters from S1E6 will be freed along with Migs, but I'm hoping to see some more unexpected surprises & legendary characters revealed. Bossk? Dengar? 4-Lom? Zucukss? Fingers are crossed!

#5073 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Oh no question. If you watch the Clone Wars & Rebels shows, it covers the entire history of the darksaber. He who owns the darksaber claims the right to rule Mandalore. Which is why Bo Katan in S2E4 was so desperately after Moff Gideon in order to reclaim it. It was in the hands of another Rebels character last last time it was spotted, which leads many to think more Rebel characters will be introducted into live action.
    The scope of the show is going to get huge as the seasons progress.

I only caught Rebels as far as the Jedi guy (Captain of the Ghost?) going blind from an injury. After that the kids lost interest and we didn't follow it much. General consensus was it wasn't as good as Clone Wars but did have some interesting characters.

#5074 7 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I only caught Rebels as far as the Jedi guy (Captain of the Ghost?) going blind from an injury. After that the kids lost interest and we didn't follow it much. General consensus was it wasn't as good as Clone Wars but did have some interesting characters.

I would suggest picking it back up again, because it's pretty clear Rebels ending is going to tie into Mandalorian.

It wasn't as good as the Clone Wars, but it holds up in its own right.

#5075 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

By far S2E6 is the best episode of the entire series so far. I can't really express the unexpected joy I felt seeing the Slave 1 appear out of nowhere. I was NOT expecting that & it was thrilling to see. I actually felt that the "Boba" tease in S2S1 was all we were going to get..... now just a hermit living on Tatooine. Boy I'm glad I was wrong.
    The Slave 1 is probably the most iconic solo flying ship in science fiction. Can't wait to see more of it.
    I was also happy last year when I heard Robert Rodrigez would be directing an episode this season, and he really came though on the action in this one. Boba was justified as the badass we all knew he was. Cracking skulls with his staff, deadeye aim, double blaster bolt gauntlets, knee missles, jetpack rockets, big explosions! It was a dream come true for me, especially when I wasn't expecting it at all.
    And believe me, SW cosplayers everywhere are THRILLED Boba has put on a few pounds in his old age. Now overweight fans won't feel so self-conscious about building an updated Boba suit.
    Plus seeing those robot Dark Troopers was amazing. They are like an evil Iron Man for the SW universe. And Gideon has at least 20 of them. And probably an over sized wearable exo-suit version for himself. Something like the Hulkbuster IM armor. Combined with the dark saber, he's turned into quite the imperial badass.
    So much fan service, combined with a great story & interesting characters. That's all anyone really asked for in the first place. Bring on the Grand Moff Tarkin reveal!

Agree on Slave 1. Best ship designed in the OT and was cool as hell to see if flying agian.

Not liking what they did to BF. "I have a debt to pay"....

Really? Now he's just another judo master who is hanging on to the good guys. That isn't his character and he used a blaster, never kicks and a sword. Why would he change? Would have better to keep him in the shadows and tease his charter a bit. Now all of the mystery and aura about his charter are gone. They blew their wad.

#5076 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

lus seeing those robot Dark Troopers was amazing. They are like an evil Iron Man for the SW universe. And Gideon has at least 20 of them. And probably an over sized wearable exo-suit version for himself. Something like the Hulkbuster IM armor. Combined with the dark saber, he's turned into quite the imperial badass.

All the other stuff was okay, I think Bobba Fett was nice touch for us diehards. But the IM drone part is what I take umbrage with, they're mixing Marvel and SW now, why? There is no need for it, plenty of cool things to draw from. They could have used regular Storm Troopers or Dark Troopers with added gadgets without resorting to the Iron Man ripoff. Ahhh, Favreau...what were you thinking? I wonder how Lucas felt about when he saw that....probably shook his head.

Quoted from Methos:

Really? Now he's just another judo master who is hanging on to the good guys. That isn't his character and he used a blaster, never kicks and a sword. Why would he change? Would have better to keep him in the shadows and tease his charter a bit. Now all of the mystery and aura about his charter are gone. They blew their wad.

Yes, you know why they did that? Because they're lazy....this is lazy writing. Bobba Fett could have been given a reason to team up with Mando, he could be in it for Beskar, he could've been it for revenge against Moff...if they cared to take the time to write real characters, it would come off the page as believable.

#5077 7 months ago

It’s pretty clearly established in the first episodes that Bounty Hunters in the guild live by their guild code. Not far fetched IMO that Boba now has a debt to pay off in exchange for the return of his armor. Man of his word....another quality passed down from his father Jango.

If he “changed”, it was because he was half digested, scarred & crawled out of a Sarlacc pit. Lost his armor, had to learn new tactics & master primitive weapons to survive in the desert of Tatooine. If I have a problem with anything, it’s the fact that Boba could have walked into that town, kicked that sheriff’s ass & taken back the armor himself. Perhaps he recently crawled out of the pit? Sometimes it’s best not to overthink these things. Haha

And as stated earlier, the dark troopers were taken from that classic video game, not Iron Man. They were robots in that game as well. Lots of robots in Star Wars history, including droid assassins. I guess I don’t understand the complaint. It’s more fan service & bringing rare Star Wars lore to live action. The more the better IMO.

#5078 7 months ago

I would be curious to know how Boba Fett lost his armor? Did he take it off trying to escape the Sarlacc pit or what? We know he didn't give it willingly or at least one would assume!

#5079 7 months ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

I would be curious to know how Boba Fett lost his armor? Did he take it off trying to escape the Sarlacc pit or what? We know he didn't give it willingly or at least one would assume!

Guessing it fell off while he was inside the pit being digested. Lodged deep in the Sarlacc digestive tract. He assumed it was lost after killing the Sarlacc & crawling out. Jawas always come along and scavenge. Great scavengers. They found the armor in the Sarlacc’s rotting corpse?

Probably one of those stories that will be left to tell in a comic book.

#5080 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Guessing it fell off while he was inside the pit being digested. Lodged deep in the Sarlacc digestive tract. He assumed it was lost after killing the Sarlacc & crawling out. Jawas always come along and scavenge. Great scavengers. They found the armor in the Sarlacc’s rotting corpse?
    Probably one of those stories that will be left to tell in a comic book.

Probably a story that will never be told or like you said a comic book. Or maybe if the rumors are true it will be explained in the Boba Fett spin off on Disney+

#5081 7 months ago

https://www.ign.com/articles/disney-investor-call-star-wars-expansion

maybe later today some new info on future projects

#5082 7 months ago

Today's Episode was pretty DAMN GOOD!!

Nice!

#5083 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It’s pretty clearly established in the first episodes that Bounty Hunters in the guild live by their guild code. Not far fetched IMO that Boba now has a debt to pay off in exchange for the return of his armor. Man of his word....another quality passed down from his father Jango.

I get the feeling since Boba is much smarter than the other BHs, that he isn't part of any "guild code". He does things his way. Why would hang out with Jabba after delivering Solo?

#5084 7 months ago
    a0b0babadd3a8ced (resized).jpg
    #5085 7 months ago

Damn, I've got to hike Disney's stock price target 3 months ahead of schedule.

#5086 7 months ago

Just watched chapter 15 and 16....15 was written and directed by Rick Famuyiwa that's the guy that wrote the Prison break from the last season. Ch 15 was much better than Favreau's stuff. Chapter 16 is the finale and I won't say anything to spoil it for you all, but it's a treat....also stay tuned for a big hint after the credits finish rolling.

#5087 7 months ago

All I'll say about the final episode is DAMN IT'S GOOD! This show has managed to be easily better then Disney's sequel trilogy.

#5088 7 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All I'll say about the final episode is DAMN IT'S GOOD! This show has managed to be easily better then Disney's sequel trilogy.

When they did the "ET phone home" episode I told the Mrs. that <character> would be the logical choice to show up. Frankly I didn't think they would go through with it but once the single ship flew into view... Nicely done. Nice setup for next season.

#5089 7 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

When they did the "ET phone home" episode I told the Mrs. that <character> would be the logical choice to show up. Frankly I didn't think they would go through with it but once the single ship flew into view... Nicely done. Nice setup for next season.

I didn't know but called it when I saw the ship.

If the special someone ran into the other character re-introduced, don't you think he would have cut his head off?

#5090 7 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

If the special someone ran into the other character re-introduced, don't you think he would have cut his head off?

Probably why he wasn't on the ship when Mr X arrived....but you're right, there is a lot of messy things like that in these post Lucas SW.

#5091 7 months ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Who is left in the immediate period post ROTJ?

Pretty short list of force sensitive people about unless you were going to introduce someone new.

#5092 7 months ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Who is left in the immediate period post ROTJ?
    Pretty short list of force sensitive people about unless you were going to introduce someone new.

There was a pretty strong feeling that Ezra Bridger from Rebels would answer the call. I always assumed “Mr X” would appear at some point, but I didn’t think it would happen until the very end of the series. I’ll just say that episode was the highlight of my Star Wars fandom in decades. It’s all the hardcore fans have ever really wanted. And the post-credits. Haha wow that was unexpected.

Pretty clear there’s going to be a major shift in the Mando storytelling moving forward, strictly focused on Mandalorian myths & retaking of their planet. The Jedis will shift to the Ashoka show, the hunt for Thrawn & Ezra, etc.

I’m looking forward to the behind-the-scenes show for Season 2. Premiers on Friday.

#5093 7 months ago

And Disney is also smart releasing all this content on Disney+. They are hooking us in for a monthly fee, and they won’t release any of it on Blu-ray. This is another shift in content distribution. I’d be really curious how much they are actually making in monthly subscriber fees, vs a $2B box office theatrical release with Blu-ray sales.

#5094 7 months ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

And Disney is also smart releasing all this content on Disney+. They are hooking us in for a monthly fee, and they won’t release any of it on Blu-ray. This is another shift in content distribution. I’d be really curious how much they are actually making in monthly subscriber fees, vs a $2B box office theatrical release with Blu-ray sales.

Mando Season 3 confirmed...Pascal is coming back for one more. Also the Book of Boba Fett has started production already. So yeah, they're going all in with the streaming service. It's the future anyway. This maybe the last decade of the theater experience as we know it. The whole movie going experience is going to be recreated in VR goggles.

#5095 7 months ago

I still don't understand why Disney won't release Season 1 and 2 of the Mandalorian seasons, as well as the final season of The Clone Wars, on blu ray or some other type of collectors edition. I know they have the streaming service, but they can really bank if they release the blu ray on them as well.

Been reading a lot lately about economists not believing movie theatres will be around much longer, especially if another lock down is coming (don't get me started on that one). It's a shame and I wonder how they will release movies on blu ray from here on out if that happens, since movie companies will first consider how well the movie will do at the home market besides box office sales and not vice versa.

Still, I'm glad Disney as the license because they have the means and the money to produce some really good quality SW shows. Fingers crossed because Mando turned out excellent. Can't wait for the others.

#5096 7 months ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

I still don't understand why Disney won't release Season 1 and 2 of the Mandalorian seasons, as well as the final season of The Clone Wars, on blu ray or some other type of collectors edition. I know they have the streaming service, but they can really bank if they release the blu ray on them as well.

They are banking because you can't purchase on bluray. Forcing you to subscribe. Getting viewers hooked on content. Why get $40 from you for a blu-ray when they can rake you for $10/mo in perpetuity, as long as they keep hooking you on new streaming content.

I don't like it either, but it's the wave of the future dude. 100% electronic!

Movie theaters aren't going anywhere either. The model itself will just change. Like everything, they will be bought out & consolidated, either by a single distributor or the movie companies themselves. Less theaters but all under the same brand. Less competition & raised ticket prices. When covid is over, the general public will still enjoys big screens, a shared experience & while shoveling shit in their faces, so there will always be a nitch for that. Teens have to take their dates somewhere. Plus comedies & big scale epics just work better in theaters.

#5097 7 months ago

WW1984 = Crash and Burn

I don't know who came up with the story but they should stick to their day job....fucking abysmal writing...F minus. The opening scene and dialogue was laughable. I feel sorry for Pedro, he should have turned this shit role down.

#5098 7 months ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

WW1984 = Crash and Burn
    I don't know who came up with the story but they should stick to their day job....fucking abysmal writing...F minus. The opening scene and dialogue was laughable. I feel sorry for Pedro, he should have turned this shit role down.

It was a very lackluster movie that needed an editor to cut 30 to 45 minutes out.

#5099 7 months ago

The whole concept behind WW84 was terrible and nonsensical. Why do they keep letting Zack Snyder near a camera?

#5100 7 months ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

The whole concept behind WW84 was terrible and nonsensical. Why do they keep letting Zack Snyder near a camera?

Patty Jenkins was the director, though Zack was a producer.

I was thinking of it this morning, story was a terrible mash. If someone could do a fan edit it would only improve.

There are 5309 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 107.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside