Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,239 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by PanzerFreak
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi was...”

• garbage, the worst of the main films 243 votes
      34%
    • decent, better than the prequels 251 votes
      35%
    • really good, on par with the originals 80 votes
      11%
    • great! one of the best 80 votes
      11%
    • who cares, star wars sucks 55 votes
      8%

(709 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

scioli (resized).jpg
    ss1-trapped (resized).jpg
    fantastic_four_1961_48_3 (resized).jpg
    d0c0aa785c9ed124 (resized).jpeg
    b881ebbaf721aff4 (resized).jpeg
    1 (56) (resized).JPG
    the-acolyte-databank-feature-article-feature_536e2878 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1dd86362581cee58daeaeaef82eb6037 (resized).jpg
    the-acolyte-teaser-poster_506fd466 (resized).jpeg
    1 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    6aw3vw8uep501 (resized).jpg
    GGtWnNMWMAAWx0I (resized).png
    nickcole1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 125.
    #5001 3 years ago

Sweet, looks like a single month of Disney for me in October.

Oh wait, they release them one at a time, don't they?

#5002 3 years ago

One per week for season one.

#5003 3 years ago

I'd take this with a grain of salt....Mandalorian is the easiest money Pascal has ever made, I don't think he'll walk away from a show that can easily be made into full feature film soon and banking him big bucks.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/rumor-claims-pedro-pascal-quit-mandalorian-halfway-season-2/

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/the-mandalorian-written-off.html

2 weeks later
    #5005 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

As for Solo, it was dogshit, significantly worse than anything they've put out since Disney bought Star Wars, and it deserved to lose money

I am catching up in this thread. I agree with most of what you have said other than this. Solo wasn’t the worst movie Disney has done in the Star Wars universe, that honor is easily held by TLJ.

1 week later
    #5006 3 years ago

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-wars-mandalorian-high-republic-squadrons-free-fiction

Check out the video for the Razorcrest....that John Knoll guy is really something.

#5007 3 years ago

Real quiet....

Any news on Mando SE 2 Launch?

#5008 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Real quiet....
    Any news on Mando SE 2 Launch?

Just Waiting for October 30th.

I'm assuming Disney will air a couple episodes of Mandolorian and then officially announce other Star Wars projects riding the hype and interest of season 2. Why release anything now to take away from the Mandolorian, plus the end of year is coming and I'm assuming there will be management changes. Obi-Wan series is starting to pick up in the media and is in pre production I do believe.

#5009 3 years ago

Obiwan scheduled to start filming March 2021. Rumored Rogue One show info announcement soon. I wouldn't expect any new movie details until new head of Lucasfilm is announced in 2021. Only confirmed movie in development is the Taika Waititi project.

And that controversial delayed High Republic publishing project is launching in January 2021. I'm really surprised they are moving forward with that, but they have so much invested at this point after 2 years of development, they just going to push it hard. Personally I have zero interest in it.

Looking forward to Mando in 18 days

1 week later
    #5010 3 years ago

Man this is quiet...

We are now just a WEEK away from MANDO SE2 and nothing??

Crickets........

#5011 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Man this is quiet...
    Crickets........

OK, I'll jump in. My kid just got some new Mandalorian PJs yesterday. He's not quite old enough to watch it, but he wanted to know if Baby Yoda is a robot. I have to admit that would be an incredible plot twist.

#5012 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

but he wanted to know if Baby Yoda is a robot. I have to admit that would be an incredible plot twist

Calm down Ridley Scott!

#5013 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Man this is quiet...
    Crickets........

I’m laying low. Don’t want any spoilers so I haven’t been checking the thread.

There were a ton of new Mandalorian toys announced yesterday tho. I had to pre-order the Retro Series 1 set. Basically they are what Mando figures would have looked like if they were released in 1978. I love 3.75 inch figures. The newer detailed Vintage & Black series toy lines don’t do it for me. Give me the classic look any day.

08073EC9-9D17-4A8E-BB7D-164366E70707 (resized).jpeg08073EC9-9D17-4A8E-BB7D-164366E70707 (resized).jpeg
    #5014 3 years ago

New MANDO Tonight!!!

Excited!!

#5015 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

New MANDO Tonight!!!
    Excited!!

Just in time! Right before the lockdown...yay!

Edit: I just watched it, it was a lot more Sergio Leone than SW but it was still interesting.

#5016 3 years ago

Ok

Watched MANDO last night.....

SPOILERS BELOW

SPOILERS BELOW

Hmmmmmm......

Kind of a WIERD way to start of the NEW season, no?

Basically a "re-boot" of the WORST episode from LAST year when Mando "goes to the fish farm"

Back to TAT again? Why?

Meets a "rag tag group" of town folks who are fighting a terrible "monster"

Sound familiar???

Fish farmers fighting trolls and an AT-ST from LAST year....

Train the people, trap the monster, blow it up. The end.

Don't get it.......

How about MANDO finds a fcking JEDI and we get this "new" story moving!?!?!?

I give last night a 4 out of 10.....

Thoughts????

#5017 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Ok
    Watched MANDO last night.....
    SPOILERS BELOW
    SPOILERS BELOW

Hmmmmmm......
    Kind of a WIERD way to start of the NEW season, no?
    Basically a "re-boot" of the WORST episode from LAST year when Mando "goes to the fish farm"
    Back to TAT again? Why?
    Meets a "rag tag group" of town folks who are fighting a terrible "monster"
    Sound familiar???
    Fish farmers fighting trolls and an AT-ST from LAST year....
    Train the people, trap the monster, blow it up. The end.
    Don't get it.......
    How about MANDO finds a fcking JEDI and we get this "new" story moving!?!?!?
    I give last night a 4 out of 10.....
    Thoughts????

Was just a rehash of an episode from last season while beating the nostalgia drum again for dear life.

Timothy looked ridiculous in the fett armor.

#5018 3 years ago

Boba Fett armor and puffy shirts don't mix

#5019 3 years ago

You are all of course correct.....I don't know if Favreau is fully committed to this project or not, he should've known better.

#5020 3 years ago

Hmm, I kind of enjoyed it. I'm glad Boba Fett didn't survive.

#5021 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Hmm, I kind of enjoyed it. I'm glad Boba Fett didn't survive.

What do you mean didnt survive???? All the signs are suggesting he did????

The actor at the end of the episode watching from the distance is Temuera Morrison who played Jango Fett.

Boba was cloned from Jango, so there is a very strong suggestion that was Boba at the end of the episode!

#5022 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

What do you mean didnt survive???? All the signs are suggesting he did????
    The actor at the end of the episode watching from the distance is Temuera Morrison who played Jango Fett.
    Boba was cloned from Jango, so there is a very strong suggestion that was Boba at the end of the episode!

Correct.

#5023 3 years ago

I really enjoyed it. Lots of small details in there for the superfans to spot.

Seeing Gammorian guard fighting pits. R5-D4 is still on Tatooine, with the bad motivator scar clearly visible on the back of his head. Actually getting to see a living Kryat Dragon for the first time, as it's the skeleton C3P0 walked past in the desert in ANH. There's extended universe lore about the valuable pearls in their guts. Seeing Sandpeople culture up close, along with lots of Banthas. Seeing an old podracer being used for transportation. Seeing the cyclops alien race again. And of course Boba's armor. Etc etc.

If anyone has watched Filoni's cartoon series, this show follows the same formula. New adventures every episode, generally kid friendly, lots of fan service. Episodes can contain lots of fluff, but eventually they tie into a larger story with epic payoffs.

I read they were going to cut back on the fluff this season & stick with the main story. So they re-introduced Boba (likely) and we'll see where it leads regarding Baby Yoda's story & tying into Filoni's other cartoon series. Personally I can't get enough of it

#5024 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I really enjoyed it. Lots of small details in there for the superfans to spot.
    Seeing Gammorian guard fighting pits. R5-D4 is still on Tatooine, with the bad motivator scar clearly visible on the back of his head. Actually getting to see a living Kryat Dragon for the first time, as it's the skeleton C3P0 walked past in the desert in ANH. There's extended universe lore about the valuable pearls in their guts. Seeing Sandpeople culture up close, along with lots of Banthas. Seeing an old podracer being used for transportation. Seeing the cyclops alien race again. And of course Boba's armor. Etc etc.
    If anyone has watched Filoni's cartoon series, this show follows the same formula. New adventures every episode, generally kid friendly, lots of fan service. Episodes can contain lots of fluff, but eventually they tie into a larger story with epic payoffs.
    I read they were going to cut back on the fluff this season & stick with the main story. So they re-introduced Boba (likely) and we'll see where it leads regarding Baby Yoda's story & tying into Filoni's other cartoon series. Personally I can't get enough of it

Pretty sure that was what Gdonovan meant by beating the nostalgia drum I enjoyed the episode but have to agree with you guys it was lacking plot wise. Let's look forward to the remainder optimistically.

#5025 3 years ago

Stuff i remember, season 2.

Nostalgia is my problem with star wars. Do something new that doesn't suck.

#5026 3 years ago

Did some office redecorating last night Finally hung my Retro series figures, basically reproduction figs from 1978. They look awesome when you carefully remove the god awful Retro sticker. Sure beats paying $100s a figure!

Ready for Mando Episode 2 tonight!

5284F065-3841-4F63-966A-BF31F2BF4011 (resized).jpeg5284F065-3841-4F63-966A-BF31F2BF4011 (resized).jpeg61A70FE0-B8DE-47A2-A2B0-051696898DEA (resized).jpeg61A70FE0-B8DE-47A2-A2B0-051696898DEA (resized).jpeg
    #5027 3 years ago

Episode 2 was.....

tenor.giftenor.gif
    #5028 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

Nostalgia is my problem with star wars. Do something new that doesn't suck.

Quoted from kvan99:

Episode 2 was.....

Star wars is dead... There is nothing new to pursue. They need to go into the future and reinvent star wars. The Mando is cool and flashy but there is nothing new and exciting coming.

#5029 3 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Star wars is dead... There is nothing new to pursue. They need to go into the future and reinvent star wars. The Mando is cool and flashy but there is nothing new and exciting coming.

But there is so much you can do.....I don't know what Favreau is thinking, first with the desert dragon and now giant spiders! Before that it was the Rhino beast the At-at. WTF man? Write an adult story FFS.....this could be so cool, and it's easy. Just reveal that a yet unknown character knows where Baby Yoda's planet is...then follow the bread crumbs trying to find this character....all the while Moff Gideon's protegee/henchman is chasing Mando....then introduce another plot line where the Jedis also want Baby Yoda, Boom! Mando plays cat and mouse till the showdown with Moff Gideon. He beats him with the help of his friends (as most of his fights) then a final plot twist he gets caught but Bobba Fett sacrfices himself so he can get away and deliver Baby Yoda....end of story. Break out the liquor.....Geez not that hard. I just don't understand why he keeps writing these 11 yr old kid episodes.

#5030 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20201109-210334~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201109-210334~2 (resized).png
    #5031 3 years ago

So apparently being pissed that baby Yoda ate that lizard lady's eggs is a thing.

https://www.slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-responds-to-backlash-over-baby-yoda-eating-eggs-in-the-mandalorian/

#5032 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

So apparently being pissed that baby Yoda ate that lizard lady's eggs is a thing.
    https://www.slashfilm.com/lucasfilm-responds-to-backlash-over-baby-yoda-eating-eggs-in-the-mandalorian/

It was creepy and vaguely disturbing.

#5033 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

It was creepy and vaguely disturbing.

I agree, its like they want to confuse us about the baby yoda character.
    Maybe they are subtly hinting at a dark side of the force conundrum?

#5034 3 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I agree, its like they want to confuse us about the baby yoda character.
    Maybe they are subtly hinting at a dark side of the force conundrum?

I think that's a stretch. I don't think it was more than a running gag.

#5035 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I think that's a stretch. I don't think it was more than a running gag.

I think I saw one article where they stated they were trying some dark horror style humor.

It was a fail.

1 week later
    #5036 3 years ago

Spoiler alert: I have to go to work again

Screenshot_20201119-085546~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201119-085546~2 (resized).png
    #5037 3 years ago

EP 4 ?

Thoughts ??

#5038 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

EP 4 ?
    Thoughts ??

Starting to see the tone shift insiders were talking about.

#5039 3 years ago

Really hoping they stay away from the Disney trilogy, although all of these "easter eggs" suggest differently. Not a huge fan of this season so far.

#5040 3 years ago

The plot thickens! Loved episode 4. More lore revealed & building up the backstory. Finally a side quest that ties into the main story line. I think the days of one-off episodes are over, because the scale of the story is getting larger now.

My prediction...

Sounds like the setup from season one is turning out to be true. Moff Gideon is using the Kamino cloning scientist to experiment with Baby Yoda Midichlorian blood to clone.....something. I'm not sure if this is related to the Dark Trooper reveal at the end of the episode, or if they are trying to create something else. Long history of cloning in the Star Wars universe.

Now is this part of the Emperor's master plan after his death in ROTJ? Or is someone else pulling Moff Gideon's strings? I'm saying the latter. And experimenting with force sensitive creatures is something Grand Admiral Thrawn was known to do in the books. We shall see. I'm still betting he is revealed at the end of the season.

I just wish the episodes were longer. They're been really short this season, but filled with far more action. And Stormtroopers! Live action reveal of fan favorite Jedi Ashoka next episode, which is a lot of pressure for Faveru & Filoni. Hope they can pull it off. Filoni created her, so I'm looking forward to it.

#5041 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The plot thickens! Loved episode 4. More lore revealed & building up the backstory. Finally a side quest that ties into the main story line. I think the days of one-off episodes are over, because the scale of the story is getting larger now.
    My prediction...
    Sounds like the setup from season one is turning out to be true. Moff Gideon is using the Kamino cloning scientist to experiment with Baby Yoda Midichlorian blood to clone.....something. I'm not sure if this is related to the Dark Trooper reveal at the end of the episode, or if they are trying to create something else. Long history of cloning in the Star Wars universe.
    Now is this part of the Emperor's master plan after his death in ROTJ? Or is someone else pulling Moff Gideon's strings? I'm saying the latter. And experimenting with force sensitive creatures is something Grand Admiral Thrawn was known to do in the books. We shall see. I'm still betting he is revealed at the end of the season.
    I just wish the episodes were longer. They're been really short this season, but filled with far more action. And Stormtroopers! Live action reveal of fan favorite Jedi Ashoka next episode, which is a lot of pressure for Faveru & Filoni. Hope they can pull it off. Filoni created her, so I'm looking forward to it.

Did you all notice Carl Weathers directed the last episode? Anyway, the writing remains weak in my opinon, reactor overload, Razor Crest taking on 3 Tie fighters? Still it was better than the last 3, I will defer to Mr. Plinkett on that one. I read an article about how they may spin-off the Cara Dune character, so basically she might get her own show as the Marshall of Verana or whatever the planet is called. "Gunsmoke in space.

#5042 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I read an article about how they may spin-off the Cara Dune character, so basically she might get her own show as the Marshall of Verana or whatever the planet is called. "Gunsmoke in space.

There’s some who want Disney to fire the actress due to some political tweets. Cancel culture at its finest. I may disagree with some of the things she has posted, but support her right to free speech.

#5043 3 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

I may disagree with some of the things she has posted, but support her right to free speech.

And I may disagree with her acting abilities, but support her right to free speech. She’s OK in small doses but I don’t think she’s got the chops to carry an entire spinoff.

#5044 3 years ago

HA!! I knew it #Thrawn

This show just keeps getting better & better. Pretty clear how this is going to play out now. Very excited. THIS is what Episode 7-9 should have been, and by the time Mando is over, I’m betting the Ray Trilogy will be completely ignored.

#5045 3 years ago

I love how all of you were all "this is shit", "fan service nostalgia" and whatnot.

Season 2 is way, way better!

#5046 3 years ago

Was kinda disappointed with the new " Jedi " character

The "look" was kinda wacky....

The "face paint" looked odd and "cheap"

Dunno, just didn't strike me as very " Jedi Like " .......

Anyone else??

#5047 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I love how all of you were all "this is shit", "fan service nostalgia" and whatnot.
    Season 2 is way, way better!

I still think its fan service nostalgia. And I'm disappointed it now has lightsabers in it.

#5048 3 years ago
    Quoted from oktobernv:

Was kinda disappointed with the new " Jedi " character
    The "look" was kinda wacky....
    The "face paint" looked odd and "cheap"
    Dunno, just didn't strike me as very " Jedi Like " .......
    Anyone else??

Um...what? Did you not watch Clone Wars? It was fuckin great to see Ashoka in live action.

#5049 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason43:

I'm disappointed it now has lightsabers in it.

You realize the only thing that separates Star Wars from other science fiction is lightsabers right?

It’s like saying you’re disappointed that Star Trek has transporters.

#5050 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You realize the only thing that separates Star Wars from other science fiction is lightsabers right?
    It’s like saying you’re disappointed that Star Trek has transporters.

You realize that's horseshit, right? The seedy underbelly/gangster/bounty hunter side of star wars could be brilliant. Jedi are boring. Lightsabers are boring. The fucking Empire is boring. It's dangling a shiny object in front of fanboys. This universe is supposedly so grand, yet all we can muster is lightsabers and jedi and the empire, rinse, repeat. I'm sure a Darth Vader cameo is coming soon.

There are 6,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 125.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers/page/101?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.