(Topic ID: 22192)

Spoiler Alert!: All X-Men Hero, Villain and Wizard modes (HD Video)

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ANNA_PAQUIN_VAMPIRE.jpg
    rogue-3-50k.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Posted in the X-Men thread, but things can get lost over there. =)

First vid: All the heroes, and a tutorial on how to play them. I do screw up Prof X, because I didn't notice the Brotherhood targets flashing on the right. Brief look at the Danger Room Wizard at the end.

Second Vid: Starting and completing all the Villain Modes, with narrated tutorials on how the rules work for them. Nightcrawler shows up, too. (Omega Red, Juggernaut, Shadow King, and Sabretooth are in this vid).

Third Vid: The remaining Villain Modes (Sentinels, Brotherhood Multiball, Hellfire Club MB), along with the very, very, very sweet Dark Phoenix wizard mode. Seriously...watch that ending animation. Holy crap. The vid is narrated with a tutorial on how the modes are played.

Videos are currently rotating 90 degrees, but it will take a while to process.

#2 11 years ago

No offense but I can't believe you went through all the wizard modes with the glass off. Doesn't it kill the sunrises you gain by achieving things in an actual game. I've never understood why someone would do this, especially on a brand new game. To each his own but I just don't get it.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

No offense but I can't believe you went through all the wizard modes with the glass off. Doesn't it kill the sunrises you gain by achieving things in an actual game. I've never understood why someone would do this, especially on a brand new game. To each his own but I just don't get it.

Oddly enough, it doesn't really kill the sunrise.

#4 11 years ago

Thanks Pete. I think it helps us see what is there so we can give feedback to the team. They are listing and might i add with 6 ears to the ground. This is truly a fan service game on all aspects.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Thanks Pete. I think it helps us see what is there so we can give feedback to the team. They are listing and might i add with 6 ears to the ground. This is truly a fan service game on all aspects.

I can tell, really. I'm amazed at how many of our suggestions ended up as reality.

#6 11 years ago

Without going through the whole video- any Deadpool?

#7 11 years ago

Within the first minute he's fingering his ramps. LOL

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Nice, I hope they are listening for AC/DC as well...starting to think I picked the wrong game though I do love AC/DC still

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Without going through the whole video- any Deadpool?

No Deadpool. I didn't complete all objectives in a single game. (All heroes in one game + Danger room. New game...all Villains + Dark Phoenix). If he's the reward for completing all Heroes + Villains, than I didn't get there.

Pete

#10 11 years ago

The thoughts on deadpool are this. You complete hero for danger villain for phoenix most likely when all are done Wade will bounce out and call you a dumb f*cker and he will be the final mode lol.

#11 11 years ago

Did I see what I think I saw at 2:02 on the DMD in the first video?

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

Did I see what I think I saw at 2:02 on the DMD in the first video?

Rogue flying?

#13 11 years ago

Rogue topless ?

#14 11 years ago

Rogue topless ?

Uh.....no. That's her costume. It has a diamond X over her chest...

rogue-3-50k.jpgrogue-3-50k.jpg

#15 11 years ago

My bad.

thanks for sharing the video's. never will see one in the wild
    near me

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYG:

My bad.
    thanks for sharing the video's. never will see one in the wild
    near me

No problem at all. We can pretend she's topless.

=)

#17 11 years ago

I am not gonna go into this to much. BUT! The wizard modes sadly look like everything Ropp has done for years. Game after game its always the sames. These two shots then these two then these...... Literally every game he has done has been like this for years. Now this might not bother some but it just shows his lack of creativity. BORG CHANGES THIS. It really brings down the effort set forth from the rest of the team.

#18 11 years ago

Dark Phoenix has the best beginning and ending dots I've ever seen in a game. Period!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Dark Phoenix has the best beginning and ending dots I've ever seen in a game. Period!

Indeed they are great work from galvez. Its just the lack of creativity on the part of teh wizard. Ropps wizard modes have been like that for over 10 years. Same 2 shot mode every game he does. The best wizard mode he has ever done was in Tommy and TFTC

#20 11 years ago

It really bugs me the rest of the team is basing things of the comics and the story so to speak. Lonnie comes along and does what he always does the minimal effort shit. He may not like it but its the same thing rehashed over and over on his behalf. The mode should follow the story line that drove Jean into releasing the phoenix, not everything is lit hit it twice than shoot the cellar.

#21 11 years ago

It should almost be a 4 tier multiball mode starting with xavier than scott then logan. Once all of them fail to secure her. She should go ballistic like what is there now. Anything is better than just everything is lit x2 Especially since Danger room is the same. I am worried what the Grand Wizard mode will be.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks for the vids. Code needs to be updated with more animation/sounds when you complete a mode. Right now as it stands, during a game it is hard to tell if you completed it or not other than the solid lit light. The pin needs to let you know you won! Immediately repeating just doesn't seem right.

#23 11 years ago

seeing rogues boobs was way better than when I see them on true blood

#24 11 years ago

ANNA_PAQUIN_VAMPIRE.jpgANNA_PAQUIN_VAMPIRE.jpg

#25 11 years ago

thnks for the vids!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bison:

thnks for the vids!

+1

#27 11 years ago

AHHH!!

There that guy is again!!!

#28 11 years ago

Thanks for showing us, Pete. Gotta agree with Ben that Lonnie has got to quit this crap. Danger and Dark Phoenix are identical with different dots and voice calls. Same as Sentinel Prime in TF. Hit each shot twice. Ooooh. At least don't have them all lit at once. Make the roam or something. Hope Waison and company rewrite them at some point. Make them multi level like Super Hero or Four Winds.

#29 11 years ago

I talked to a buddy that went ahead and rolled through everything, just to see what is there. He said that there is an end Wizard Mode (literally what it is called), that is obviously just a placeholder. It just counts points and tells you what the next shot is worth on the DMD during the mode. Apparently there is a glitch in the code on it, too. You have to get to both Dark Phoenix and Danger Mode to get to "Wizard Mode", but when you play one of them and achieve the next (i.e. you play Danger Room and then work toward and go to start Dark Phoenix), you just go straight to Wizard Mode without playing the other Villian/Hero wizard.

Didn't see it, just heard about it. No Deadpool as of yet, though.

#30 11 years ago

I really hope someone is reading this from Stern. Lonnie change this man. Dont let this be like the debacle that was TF wizard and avatar and RS and everything else. Shit recycle "Pinball Wizard" from Tommy if your gonna recycle. Or Crypt Jam from tftc

#31 11 years ago

Why isn't the Wolverine mode a video mode? It would fit well with all the animations made.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Why isn't the Wolverine mode a video mode? It would fit well with all the animations made.

Think I'd rather have a multiball...

Not sure where I'd put a video mode...Deadpool?

#33 11 years ago

I have Never Cheated a Pin w/ the Glass off ,, Especially a Semi-Keeper .. You do-n this w/ yr hands , i watched 15 sec- and got out.. Do it w/ the p/f glass on and lets see how good you are ..

If there was a Thread on Pinside showing the End of BSD , I Wouldn't Dare lOOk !!

#34 11 years ago

I'm not reading the posts here and I'm certainly not watching the videos because I want to see them for myself.

I just finished playing, and for the second night in a row I completed every hero *except* Storm! Storm was also the last one to be started yesterday and today, and I drain my last ball before completing her.

Getting close.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I have Never Cheated a Pin w/ the Glass off ,, Especially a Semi-Keeper .. You do-n this w/ yr hands , i watched 15 sec- and got out.. Do it w/ the p/f glass on and lets see how good you are ..
    If there was a Thread on Pinside showing the End of BSD , I Wouldn't Dare lOOk !!

There are plenty of videos out there of me playing with the glass on.

You'll be able to see that I will never, ever, ever get to Dark Phoenix.

It's not like I'm bragging about my skills, the vid is a tutorial...nothing more.

Pete

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoiler-alert-all-x-men-hero-villain-and-wizard-modes-hd-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.