(Topic ID: 6144)

Spoiled Kids

By davewtf

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball_coby.jpg
    williams_1051.JPG
    IMG_4576.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

My 6 y.o. was playing JD this morning when he just up and walked away from it and said something like "this game sucks". He then told me i needed to buy another machine.

I guess that was a pretty pointless post, huh? I guess i was wondering if any of your guys' kids are the same way?

#2 12 years ago

The majority of kids are MUCH more interested in 360, PS3, etcetc...you're not alone...

#3 12 years ago

You need to throw in out in the woods during those Wisconsin winters. That will teach him a lesson. It isn't child abuse if call it getting in touch with nature or learning survival skills.

#4 12 years ago

not ll kids are like that stop him from playing and see what happens

#5 12 years ago

As a teacher, I see it all the time. I keep Jolly Ranchers in my class, and offer them if I see appropriate behavior. Some times when I offer one up, a student will say, "Got anything else?". I always say "Yeah, give it back to me." When they do, I then respond, "It's called nothing." Only takes one, and I don't get the question the rest of the year.

Kids today have too much stimulation in their lives. They are always "bored". Whenever I hear that, I just respond in a way they understand. "Sucks to be you".

#6 12 years ago

My boys, 8 and 5, love my STTNG.

They do use all 3 continues though. It's hilarious when the 6 ball multiball starts. He gets so damn excited, and is literally jogging in place when it's happening

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Kids today have too much stimulation in their lives. They are always "bored".

My 7 y.o. son says this all the time, and I always turn to him and say, "So do something about it. Write a poem, build a fort, play the piano, design your own board game ..." I didn't have a tenth of the things that my kids have, and yet the only time I ever remember being bored was in temple. Kids these days have become so over stimulated that they no longer know how to create their own fun. It's kind of sad.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

STTNG.

They do use all 3 continues though. It's hilarious when the 6 ball multiball starts. He gets so damn excited, and is literally jogging in place when it's happening

I do that to!!

#9 12 years ago

My nephews come over frequently, and they get bored with playing my pins rather fast. They're always switching the machine on and off. They also come over and say "you still have Dracula!! That machine is boring."
    Silly children.

#10 12 years ago

Oh yeah, you need to get a new video game (pins) at least every week to be cool.

Haven't had this issue yet but I don't have too many kids play my pins. Those few who have love them and can't wait to come over or have us babysit them.

When it does happen I will tell them the same thing I tell everyone when they don't like my stuff. "So don't play/use/drink/eat them."

#11 12 years ago

I get annoyed when my gf's kid starts a game and leaves in the middle of it. He always starts all four players and his attention span isn't long enough to play them all. Gotta cut him some slack though... he's only 3 and loves my machines.

#12 12 years ago

Something a bit positive, my nephew got into pinball when he was about 9 or so. I had a pinbot he loved it. A few years later I sold it to my brother in law, there was a party lots of kids, and someone as best as we can figure held the flipper button in, the sleeve was melted and fused to the coil and well long story short the main board fried for some reason we tried to have it fixed but to no avail. Fast forward 10 years, many pins had come and gone since then and pinbot sat in the garage. Over last summer my nephew with a litter help from me and Rotten Dog amusements got her back up and running! It was great to see him working on it and the sheer joy as we heard those great words "pinbot circuits activated" So I guess there is hope for these kids yet!

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Kids these days have become so over stimulated that they no longer know how to create their own fun. It's kind of sad.

Ain't that the truth! I'm pretty lucky with my 5 yr old right now. We get the occasional "I'm bored" and we tell him to go play with his toys, he'll fight it but eventually he gets into it and will be playing and using his imagination for a couple hours.

Quoted from jsandjs:

It was great to see him working on it and the sheer joy as we heard those great words "pinbot circuits activated" So I guess there is hope for these kids yet!

That is awesome. I'm hoping that our son will stick with pins as well with growing up with them and seeing us working on them and all of us playing them.

#14 12 years ago

My nephews come over frequently, and they get bored with playing my pins rather fast. They're always switching the machine on and off. They also come over and say "you still have Dracula!! That machine is boring."

I get this too. My son's kids are over stimulated with X-Box, PS and Nintendo hand helds. Plus every year season passes to Kings Island. It's like what do you do for an encore after this? Now when they come over I put in an old wrestling tape from WWF or something. They'll sit and watch wrestling. I took one to Wright-Patt AFB for area 51 alien bowling for his b-day. They were not happy with that either.
    On the other hand my Pinside friend brings his 12 yr old daughter and she can't get enough pinball.
    Go figure.

IMG_4576.JPGIMG_4576.JPG

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Loupie:

On the other hand my Pinside friend brings his 12 yr old daughter and she can't get enough pinball.
    Go figure.

At least some kids will get into pinball.

#16 12 years ago

My grand kids like to play!

williams_1051.JPGwilliams_1051.JPG pinball_coby.jpgpinball_coby.jpg

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Kids today have too much stimulation in their lives. They are always "bored". Whenever I hear that, I just respond in a way they understand. "Sucks to be you".

THAT is exactly it. And then its off to medication to solve the problem we created for ourselves...

Patience is lost these days. And video games aren't hard like they used to be. I'll have to raise my kids on pinball and wood toys

#18 12 years ago

My sister has asked us not to bring their kids gifts anymore when we come over. They
    have too many toys already. They weren't even looking at the visitors faces anymore but
    instead at their hands to see what they were bringing.
    She's got the right idea I think.

#19 12 years ago

I think he's trying to antagonize me into buying another machine! That would be horrible!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from Johnny:

jogging in place

That's called the Pee Pee dance.

#21 12 years ago

Maybe he is right though. Maybe JD does suck. (:

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

That's called the Pee Pee dance.

Generally, yes. But he gets so excited when STTNG makes that deep bass *booooom* then.... "The Final Frontier"

Then all 6 of the balls load up.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Haven't had this issue yet but I don't have too many kids play my pins. Those few who have love them and can't wait to come over or have us babysit them.

I know Derek like to play them SC. He is getting better and working on them. He is starting to notice stuff I miss.

#24 12 years ago

My four year old daughter likes it. She can do cradle traps and hit targets shes aiming at already! She doesnt quite get the idea that its three balls per game though!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoiled-kids and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.