1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Let me preface this post with my knowledge level of electrical being super not good.

Ok, here goes.

For all the stern games in my lineup, I add lit speaker buttons and lit flipper buttons etc. The flipper buttons use the cn11 connection on the board in the front left side of the cabinet. The lit speakers usually use a power connection in the backbox, so I have not run into any issues....... until now.

I recently acquired a Beatles and the original owner had already added undercab lighting. I already had a set of lit flipper buttons waiting and ready to go, but to my surprise, the undercab lighting uses that same cn11 connection.

I have looked online for splitters, but have not found anything proper.

I am stuck now with a choice of flipper buttons OR undercab lighting.

I found one thread with a response saying to use c9 and offset the connector, but it looks janky and I dont feel super comfortable with having it half on a connector and half not.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a splitter available, or any other solutions more suitable to oem connection?

Really appreciate the feedback.

If anyone needs pictures of anything, please ask, I will happily oblige if it helps me solve this.

#2 1 year ago

Undercab lighting is a LOT of LEDs, so the biggest concern would be that you're not pulling more than 2A from CN11 if you add another thing (the flipper lights). I'd move the undercab lights to the CN6 12v connector on the power distribution board in the backbox, and use CN11 just for the flipper lights.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Undercab lighting is a LOT of LEDs, so the biggest concern would be that you're not pulling more than 2A from CN11 if you add another thing (the flipper lights). I'd move the undercab lights to the CN6 12v connector on the power distribution board in the backbox, and use CN11 just for the flipper lights.

Will take a look there, but if I remember, isn't it a different connector there?

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

Will take a look there, but if I remember, isn't it a different connector there?

Yeah, it's a different type connector. You need to put a different end on it, but you can get one of the pressure fit ones, so you just push the wires on and it cuts into the wire's insulation to attach the connector. You could get just the connector from Mouser or Digikey, or buy Pinball life's adapter and pull off the connector to use.

#6 1 year ago

This is a different type of connector, but great to know it's available.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Meegis:

This is a different type of connector, but great to know it's available.

But the other end of it (the one that attaches to the power distribution board) is the type you need, then you can just press on the two wires for what you want to connect onto it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/splitter-for-cn11-on-cabinet-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.