• Latest reply 3 years ago by stlscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200713_003706 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I did lots of reading and searching and I'm still struggling. If this question has been answered, I do apologize, it wasn't from a lack of effort trying to find another post about it this. I need to replace the connector cable between the VSU-100 and the MPU board on my Stern Split Second. I have not been able to find a pre-made cable and I wondered what others have done to replace this cable. I prefer something pre-made so it will hold up better than the custom made one in the current machine (if possible). Also, as I've shopped on different sites like Marco and Pinball Life, I can't find this specific connector to use for the rebuild either. The spacing is different than many others. Anyway, I was wondering if an IDE cable might work? Strangely enough, this cable is flaky and causes issues with my controlled lighting. In the picture, this is the all black cable.

20200713_003706 (resized).jpg20200713_003706 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Are you talking about the multi black wire cable from the VSU-100 to the lamp driver board? (not the MPU board) That's likely a factory cable.
If yes:

Great Plains has the dual 17 wire cable from the MPU board to SB-300 board. You could one of them for this application.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=131-217-014-PR

The connectors are just standard 0.1" (2.54mm) spacing. Great Plains has all the connector parts you need if you want to put new connectors on your existing cable.
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=70

You can use an IDE cable to get you out of trouble - the pin spacing is the same. Just make sure to connect the same half of the connector housing at each side with pin 1 to pin 1.

#3 3 years ago

the IDE Cable worked great, thanks for letting me know.. I apologize for indicating the MPU instead of the Lamp Driver board which is what I meant. Thank you again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/split-second-vsu-100-to-mpu-connector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.