Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by c0wb0y
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

I have a new to me Split Second. It is largely playable, with a couple of switches and multiple controlled lights out . I turned it on to play yesterday and the playfield GI is out. GI in the head is still fine.
The machine has an Alltek MPU and Light Driver Board. SDB and rectifier board are not yet swapped out.
I've replaced the 20 amp F5 GI fuse to no effect.
Looking at diagrams, A2J1-8 and A2J1-1 are GI. Would I re-pin these next?
I'm a little skeptical since the GI is out only for the playfield. But I'm sure I'm missing something more obvious.
Thanks in advance!

#2 8 months ago

Yes, repin the playfield connector on the rectifier board. Be sure to replace the header pins too.

1 week later
#3 8 months ago

dothedoo Thanks for the response.
I looked at the connectors and they appeared super toasted. I ordered a replacement from Pinball Life, and installed it Saturday. The old board and connectors were well done. Like...crunchy. One of the pins came out of the board, melted into the housing. The male header pin component fell apart.
So after re-pinning all connectors in new housings for the rectifier board and soldering it into the power harness, the GI issue is fixed. Should be good for years to come.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside