Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lladnip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm headed out tomorrow to check out a Stern Split Second pinball machine. Is this machine worthwhile having around or is it the kind to clean up.... sell & put $ towards another one? Thanks

#2 5 years ago

I don't know how great the pin is but if you are anywhere near me and do not like it, I will buy it from your.

#3 5 years ago

Bump.... just wanted to see if I could get a couple more opinions on the pin before I jump in.

thanks for yours Snyper....

#4 5 years ago

It's not a super popular title, so unless you get it for $100, you will have a hard time getting your money out of it once you figure how much of your time is in it fixing it up.

But, since you don't have a Classic Stern in your collection, I say you keep it, it's fun.

#5 5 years ago

Of all the classic Sterns in my collection over the years, this one was in and out the quickest. Rare for a reason, IMO. Once you spell SPLIT SECOND, it stays lit. Once you max out the bonus, nothing else to do except multi, and no multi ball objectives (like other pins of this era).

#6 5 years ago

Wasn't a huge fan, but that's why they make different pins right .... To each their own.
If you like it, get it.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Of all the classic Sterns in my collection over the years, this one was in and out the quickest. Rare for a reason, IMO. Once you spell SPLIT SECOND, it stays lit. Once you max out the bonus, nothing else to do except multi, and no multi ball objectives (like other pins of this era).

Totally agree. And back in the day, multiball WAS the objective.

#8 5 years ago

has a unique layout tho. Like the layout, but never got a chance to put enough time in on it to know the rules. From Gregs description, sounds like it runs out of things to do. That's my biggest beef with target alpha. Once everything is done, not much to do.

#9 5 years ago

I played one and had fun on it but only a couple games. If it was cheap it might be worth a shot, someone had a nice one on here for sale for a quite a while for 5 or 6 hundred

#10 5 years ago

a great game of the era, lots going on and good speed- bumpers placement are not the best perhaps? anyways its a blast to place and i would not part with mine if some one offered me 10x of what i paid for it.

i would not recomend for flipping due to complexity, numbers of parts and time with low market value- theres better investments out there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Renaissance, FLORIDA
$ 149.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
2,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Portland, OR
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside