000-pins22s (resized).jpg
08-pins03 (resized).jpg
08-pins01 (resized).jpg
08-pins02 (resized).jpg
20170306_085918 (resized).jpg
20170306_085828 (resized).jpg
20170306_085813 (resized).jpg
20170306_085802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

Awesome project - I applaud your "fortitude" for taking on something with so many logistical challenges!

Really nice to see you save that original playfield too, with the funky "hairy knee" tassle!

Where did you source the hot-stamped drop targets from?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I see we are both working on a Star Gazer at the same time...yours needs much less work than mine does!
The targets came from Pinball Resource--four bucks per target.
http://pbresource.com/pfdroptar.htm
They sell the pop caps, too, but without the lines around the perimeter. I have the originals for mine but one is broken...I will try to repair, otherwise I'll use a PBR repro with the waterslide decals provided by our friends in Quebec.

Thanks. So these are actually hot-stamped (the star), or just inked?

I also needed a replacement for one of my pop bumper covers so picked up one of the ones from PBR. It doesn't match the originals at all though, so if you go that way plan on replacing all 3. I'm trying to find someone who has replaced theirs to sell me an original so I have a complete set, so far no takers though.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Wow, nice job! Those look fantastic. Love the blue you used it really pops. My original apron is a slightly lighter shade of blue, but I think yours will actually look better when on the game.

Looking forward to painting + decalling my spinners as well. Was the Trimclad a spray can? How many coats did you put on? What was the process (time between coats, etc.)?

#23 7 years ago

I wonder if classic Stern delivered games like modern Stern does, exports always go out first. That might explain why Canada and Europe has more of them if the production run was "prematurely" aborted and the US saw fewer games, since Stern was all excited to get Flight2000 out, or so I've read.

3 months later
#41 6 years ago

Thanks for the update!

You, sir, are a true inspiration. It is simply amazing what you've done with this game.

Nice Tat, btw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tempe, AZ
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiroagnews-re-import-star-gazer-resto?tu=fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.