2_(resized).jpg
1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerrard17.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

I had the exact same dilemma doing a full resto on mine. Everything else I'm doing and on any other pin I'd do the playfield work myself but Spirit being Spirit I just didn't want to risk doing it myself. I ended up doing what I was confident in and getting rid of all the mylar and it's residue (the operator had covered the entire playfield with it and it came off without taking paint) and giving it a good clean and wax. It's never going to get significant games played on it that will cause damage and down the line if I want to commit to a professional playfield restore and clear at least the mylar is gone.

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

I did touch up the black around the playfield window but the operator's mylar really did a great job at protecting the playfield. Good luck on the journey! If you need any pictures as you go along I'm happy to help.

#14 7 years ago

They came like that on mine assume the blue and green was all that was on hand when it came to replacing. I've since switched them out with all new spot target assemblies in the correct colors, B-A-L-L all in white, and 1-2-3-4 all in yellow. I just used the flyers as the source of truth on this.

2 weeks later
#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

If someone can provide me with a 600dpi scan of as much of the spirit face above the flippers, I would be forever grateful! Of course any other Spirit scan would be the icing on the cake but I really could use the face.
Also, can anyone forward me the manual or simply the part number of the spinning disc motor? I am trying to quick reference it during the day today.
Thanks a bunch!

I believe the spinner motor / assembly for black hole is the same. Here a post about another option for it if needed https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/c7AdfRmK0ZM

PM sent about the other things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gerrard17.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-playfield-restoration?tu=Gerrard17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.