Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Spider3582
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

zSurf-Champ-XBall-A_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Spirit of 76 won't reset player shoots again once you get it. The I relay stays energized after ball drains. Game resets and bonus counts down but Shoot again stays up and doesn't advance to next ball. Resetting to a new game does reset everything

#2 3 years ago

do you have the cir diagram?

#3 3 years ago

Hi Spider
do You have a schema ? (ipdb.org is not allowed to show Gottlieb-Schemas due to copyrights)

The way the Extraball-Feature works - lets say You play a 1-player-game. In ball-2 You gain a "Extraball" -> "Extraball-lite lights up" -> You play and loose ball-2 -> Bonus is counted down (X-Ball-lite is still lighted) - Ball is kicked-over to the shooter-Alley (X-Ball-lite is still lighted) - BUT the pin stays on ball-2. You shoot the given ball into play -> X-Ball-lite turns off.

Here: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2293&picno=5604&zoom=1 at the lower end of the Shooter-Alley I see a "wire-form Rollover" - question: when the ball rolls over -> does the switch below (on the underneath-side of playfield) securely opens ?

I had a look into the schema of my "Surf Champ" - well, in Surf Champ the "cut the Self-Hold-Circuitry of Extraball-Relay" is done in another way. So, if You have "No Luck": we must have a look at the "Spirit-schema". Greetings Rolf

#4 3 years ago

Yes I have a schema but its hard to see what cuts the self hold circuitry of extra ball. The "I" relay is player shoot again and it never denergizes. Yes that is what happens but the player shoot again doesn't go out. I have to figure out what takes it out .. Thanks

#5 3 years ago

Hi Spider
I show the part of schema of "Surf Champ" - a combination of "Score-Motor turning (Switch-3B) and P-Relay does cut the Self-Hold-Circuitry of F-Relay. Can You show (Spirit 76) the area of "Extraball-Relay and involved switches ? Greetings Rolf

zSurf-Champ-XBall-A_(resized).jpg

#6 3 years ago

Rolf thank you for your help it was the rollover switch in the lane sometimes the problem is right in front of you and you look right past it. When you mentioned it to me this morning which was 4 o'clock in the morning New Jersey time he hit me. I'm embarrassed to tell you I spent hours on that when it was a 30-second problem. Oh well learn as you go I have four machines and I have fixed all of them they're not collector quality but they're good playing quality. I'm like you I love EM machines and I grew up with them I won't even look at a SS thanks again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stafford Township, NJ
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5.00
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside