Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Spider3582
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

On my Spirit of 76 every rollover letter has a loud buzz to it. They all go down to a bank of relays. Could this bank be out of alignment? It worked fine for 3 years till I pulled it away from the wall to get to a stuck score reel . thanks

#2 3 years ago

Probably not out of alignment since you didn't touch it, but after 3 years, certainly could have "Build-up" inside the bank reset coil plunger. With the playfield propped up, reach in and manually work the reset bar back and forth over the bank. Make sure the reset plunger is traveling the fully intended distance in and out of the coil freely. If it isn't, take apart and clean the plunger and coil sleeve, re-assemble and try the same procedure.

If it is binding up, what usually happens is the reset coil bar obstructs the full travel of each energized relay, keeping some switches from changing state. In your case, there is a switch on each letter relay that when energized, breaks, and should turn the coil back off. There is not enough travel to break these switches so the coil remains on, (and buzzing). The giveaway is the fact you said ALL rollover letters are doing this, and from experience, the bank reset coil bar with all of it's parts and linkage, make this a rather common occurrence.

#3 3 years ago

I'm having the same issue on my Cleopatra. I'm going to give this a try, thanks!

#4 3 years ago

Ok thanks I will try it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stafford Township, NJ
1,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside