1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by KingRex71
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pop cap (resized).jpg
    careful (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Hey Guys,

I just acquired my dream Pin in the form of a Spirit of 76. I had a question, on the upper three popper type targets, the center one has a light that seems to have a bad contact. How do I open this part up to clean or replace the bulb?

#Spiritof76

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from cessnapilot89:

Hey Guys,
    I just acquired my dream Pin in the form of a Spirit of 76. I had a question, on the upper three popper type targets, the center one has a light that seems to have a bad contact. How do I open this part up to clean or replace the bulb?
    #Spiritof76

It should have a round cap on top of the pop bumper body. The round cap is being held in by 2 plastic tabs inside.
    CAREFULLY squeeze the round part which will remove the tab from where it's seated underneath allowing you to pull it off.
    It's not like heart surgery or anything, but if you squeeze and yank it up you could possibly snap a tab or 2.
    careful (resized).jpgcareful (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

The Gottlieb pop bumper caps I'm familiar with have 2 tabs at opposite sides - 3 and 9 o'clock. I'd squeeze at the sides and pull up gently. Like TheLaw says, be careful not to snap off the tabs.

pop cap (resized).jpgpop cap (resized).jpg
    #4 1 year ago

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to see!

#5 1 year ago

Congrats!

I am begrudgingly selling mine, but if it does not sell, I will be just as happy. Shay Arcade Group has a screen printed back glass for it, which seems to be preferred. He is a complete jerk, and will likely ship it with tape stuck to the glass, but might be worth the hassle ...

Cheers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-popper-bulb?hl=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.