(Topic ID: 269128)

Spirit Of 76. No match relay, need to rewire another one.

By PinballGlory

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

S76matchJonesPinout.pdf (PDF preview)
S76jonespinout (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

I've picked up a Gottliebs Spirit of 76 and the match relay is missing. I got hold of another match relay but it is from another pinball machine (Gottliebs "300"). But one of the connector has 2 more pins and the colored wires are different. I need to rewired the match relay so it fits in to the Spirit of 76 and would be very appreciated if there's anyone that own a Spirit of 76 that could take some photos of both sides of the match relay where you can see all the colored wires are connected to.

Thanks, all help is appreciated // Mange B

#2 3 years ago

That relay as used on “300” might have a alternating cam in the center of it. That might explain the extra wires.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 3 years ago

Yes I've notice that alternating cam in the center. I also check my two other Gottlieb "Bronco" and "Flip Flop" that use the same match relay that also have the alternating cam in the middle. It seems all three are build on the same circuit board with 10 positions, "00-90". So i think if I only have the right wires color combination to the circuit board I could rewired the "300" relay correctly. So if anyone have an original mach relay on a "Spirit of 76" and could take some photos of both sides of the relay there you can see the color combination of the wires I will be very appreciated.

Thanks // Mange B

#4 3 years ago

300 has the lane lights that constantly alternate and the piggybacked switch is the most probable location for it. That means one of the connectors will have 2 too many pins. You can always cut the two pins in the long position off.

Yes, with a proper mapping of the wires that So76 uses you will be able to make the 300 match relay work. I have recreated match relays a few times.

You may have to lengthen a wire or two so the wire routing isn't strained.

Also, you can desolder and resolder wires in and out of the connector pins if you don't like to splice extra length on a wire and are so inclined for the extra work involved.

Good luck.

#5 3 years ago

In a perfect world, maybe the jones plug pinouts are similar. I'll document the S76 side and see how close they are...

There are two unique circuit boards on either side of the unit - A-8933 and A-8934, each with 11 labels (0-9 and C). The relay has 2 wires. That's a total of 2*11+2 = 24 wires, mapped across a 2x7 and a 2x5 jones plug. I'll work up a pinout. First, some jones plug nomenclature:

S76jonespinout (resized).JPGS76jonespinout (resized).JPG
#6 3 years ago

Pretty sure this is accurate...

S76matchJonesPinout.pdfS76matchJonesPinout.pdf
1 year later
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

Pretty sure this is accurate...[quoted image]

NICE.. Thanks very MUCH.
I thought this was i hopeless case so i gave up on this and have not been here for a while. Sorry about that, but now when i see this i have to try this out. Thank very much again for your effort and sorry again for my late reply.

Best Regard Mange B

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-no-match-relay-need-to-rewire-another-one?hl=pinballglory and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.