(Topic ID: 168715)

Spirit of 76 game reset if turning off game before its over

By PoBoyPinball

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Need some help, My Spirit of 76 is set to 5 balls. If you turn the game off before finishing the 5th ball and turn it back on it has to finish the remaining balls to reset. Example if I turn it off on ball 3 when I turn it back on instead of it doing a reset it will launch ball 4 and you have to play ball 4 and 5 out. Those remaining ball do not actually score but the flippers work and chimes work. I was told by an old school EM guy this was an operator mod but he didn't remember how what to un mod he said it had something to do with the game lighting up when you turn it on. Help I would like to undo this if any one knows what this may be. If you play the game out all balls it works just fine.

#2 7 years ago

Check the Hold relay, if its permanently shunt by bent contacts or closing the armature it will give the symptoms you describe.
It probably was done to stop the coil humming.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks I'll take a look at that tonight

#4 7 years ago

There was 1 contact on hold relay that was a normal close and should open when you start the game and the hold coil enegerizes it wasn't opening so I fixed that but still having the same problem any other thoughts

#5 7 years ago

Hi JAHpinWizard
in the schematics I see "H-Tilt-Hold-Relay, 1A,1B,1C" and I see "R-Hold-Relay, 1A, 2B, 1C" - "A" means a Normally-Open-Switch (open when relay is not pulling), "B" means a Normally-Closed-Switch and "C" means a Make-and-Brake-Switch.
Do You talk about the H-Relay or do You talk about the R-Relay ?

In the schematics I see the R-Relay-Make-and-Brake-Switch - middle-blade has soldered-on: wire-red-white, outer-blade-one has soldered-on wire-slate-white, outer-blade-two has soldered-on wire-red. When the R-Relay is NOT pulling: middle-blade must have contact to outer-blade-one and by this the coil on Q-Game-Over-Relay gets initial current (and Q-Relay pulls-in and establishes "Self-Hold-Current").

(((When You toggle-on the pin: R-Relay is NOT allowed to pull-in - and because R-Relay is not pulling-in: The Q-Relay can immediately (toggling-on) pull-in.))) Greetings Rolf

#6 7 years ago

Okay so I was looking at the R relay. I now looked at the H relay and it to had some contacts that were staying closed when they shouldn't fixed that but same issue. If you play a game out no problem everything is as it should be (or it seems to be. Not sure if this will help my mystery but I just found that if you match at end of game then turn the game off then back on it knocks as if you just matched again.

#7 7 years ago

Found and fixed went over both holds again the R and the H a good cleaning and double triple checking the adjustments and got it fixed thanks all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-game-reset-if-turning-off-game-before-its-over and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.