• Latest reply 6 years ago by cd1954
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170108_145454 (1) (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Got a SO 76 back in operation and need bonus features info. When the drops are down and all the lanes (A, B, C, .....) are made the lights below the kick out hole in the center of the game begin alternating. One is "Extra Ball", one is "Special", and the other is "Double Bonus". When the extra ball light is lit and you put the ball in the kick out hole an extra ball is awarded. What is supposed to happen when double bonus and special are made? Should the big red double bonus light come on (that comes on with ball 5)? When special is hit should a game be rewarded? I'm getting an extra ball but I can't tell that anything is happening when the double bonus and special lights are lit. Thanks in advance.

20170108_145454 (1) (resized).jpg20170108_145454 (1) (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonora70:

Got a SO 76 back in operation and need bonus features info. When the drops are down and all the lanes (A, B, C, .....) are made the lights below the kick out hole in the center of the game begin alternating. One is "Extra Ball", one is "Special", and the other is "Double Bonus". When the extra ball light is lit and you put the ball in the kick out hole an extra ball is awarded. What is supposed to happen when double bonus and special are made? Should the big red double bonus light come on (that comes on with ball 5)? When special is hit should a game be rewarded? I'm getting an extra ball but I can't tell that anything is happening when the double bonus and special lights are lit. Thanks in advance.....

Please disregard this picture, I have no idea how it got there!!!!

#3 6 years ago

Double bonus should count off your bonus, doubled. Quadrupled if the regular double bonus light is also on. Special will depend on your settings.

#4 6 years ago

I was playing mine the other day and special awarded a credit along with a knock and double bonus counted down your accumulated bonus at double the current value like zacaj stated above.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Figured it out today, cleaned a switch behind one of the drop target banks and it then counted the bonus down as it should. I didn't realize it counted it down immediately, I assumed it would have turned on the red double bonus light and doubled the bonus when the ball drained. I've tried to make sense out of the schematic but it's tricky.

#6 6 years ago

What is said is correct. I have the Pioneer, 2 player version of Spirt of 76. Great games!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-game-play-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.