You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-5271 (resized).jpg
gtbfree3 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi Pinside

I wanted to set my Spirit of 76 on Free Play and wanted to share my success with you.

I followed the guide here, http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#free. The Spirit of 76 uses the Gottlieb half-moon credit unit. Opening the Scorebox, I used a paper clip (I didn't have a small alligator clip) to permanently short/close the switch (see picture with a blue arrow, the switch is closest to the increment coil) when the credit unit was at "zero" credits. This enabled enable free play.

I am likely being repetitive for some, but thought it would help some owners that hadn't tracked this information down.

gtbfree3 (resized).jpggtbfree3 (resized).jpgIMG-5271 (resized).jpgIMG-5271 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

You're looking at the right switch but putting a loose piece of metal in the game is risky. Because if it falls out it could cause all kinds of havoc. The pinrepair article you reference says
"Adjust only the smaller of the two switch contacts (located closest to the backglass) so it's permanently closed (or use a jumper wire), regardless of the credit wheel position."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-free-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.