Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I picked up another spirit of 76. current problem I'm trying to fix is the bonus count never steps up...if I step it up by hand the bonus lights light up and then the end of ball scores them and the rest coil on the bonus unit works....just the step up coil on that unit never works....I have a hard time believing that it is the coil.....any thoughts?

#2 8 years ago

I have the two player Pioneer so probably similar. The path to ADD BONUS unit coil runs thru D "500 point & Add Bonus" relay and switches on score motor 3C "Adds bonus & hole scoring" and 1A "Scoring" so that's where I'd start looking.

#3 8 years ago

I'm trying to find 3c and 1a the 500 point/add bonus relay works fine and the contacts look good....

#4 8 years ago

3c and 1a are on the score motor. A is the bottom disk and C is the top disk. The score motor has 4 stacks of switches, 1, 2, 3, and 4. There should be a little yellow sticker with black numbers identifying them.

#5 8 years ago

Don't discount the step up coil itself. It's easy to take a resistance reading across the leads and rule it out. It should read the same as the other similar coils in the game.

I had an issue with the ball in play unit on an Abra Ca Dabra the other day where it would not advance. I was looking at other stuff first because you rarely see coils go but there was a break in the stepper coil winding and the coil needed to be replaced.

#6 8 years ago

I'm not positive but I think the bonus count cog is missing a tooth....I actually got the bonus count to work but it stops before it can max out. I also think I messed up the reset while fixing the bonus count lol....image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 8 years ago

made that way

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

stops before it can max out

need a pic of the switches at "max"...

#9 8 years ago

It seems to have a hard time stepping past that spot...I'll take a shot at max

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrebel:

It seems to have a hard time stepping past that spot

That's built in to stop it--this is a step up/step down unit right? Not a continuous rotation?...your max switch should open to stop...it may be maladjusted so it is getting opened early and stopping it early.

#11 8 years ago

Here it is at one end of the travel then the other.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#12 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Okay now when the ball drains it just keeps cycling the bonus over and over and never moves to the next ball....I swear EM repair is like the knowledge of the black arts or something....I feel like you have to sacrifice small animals in the moonlight around a campfire to appease the great Gottlieb.

#14 8 years ago

Maybe you are missing a tooth in the gear

#15 8 years ago

I can't tell from pics--does the post sticking out of the gear open the switches in that last position? That first switch looks a little close still.

#16 8 years ago

You said the missing tooth is keeping the bonus from maxing out. How close is it getting to maximum? What are you expecting maximum to be? 15 is what the game is designed for?

#17 8 years ago

Problem solved. But not by me. Pinhead 52 figured it out. The switch stack at position 1a needed to be tightened up so that the bonus count solenoid would fire when the score motor turned. When the bonus count reached zero this also fixed the non reset issue. I would have never found that. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Ken
Www.pinballrebel.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-bonus-count-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.