(Topic ID: 232495)

Spirit of 76 - B and D Rollovers trigger at same time?

By lilmul123

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lilmul123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pioneer 3-5 ball adjust (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Hi all,

I have a Spirit of 76 that has been working great up until recently. I’m not sure if it’s related, but a couple of weeks ago, I added some spare LED 44’s into various areas of the game. After that, I noticed that whenever the B or D rollovers would be triggered, their lights would go out at the same time (e.g., if B was rolled over, the B and D lights would go out, and vice versa). Looking underneath, sure enough, the B and D rollover relays engage when the rollovers are triggered. As a sanity check, I swapped all the LEDs back to incandescents, but it doesn’t seem to have made a difference.

I just recalled that I also changed the game from five ball to three ball configuration recently, but I’m not sure if that might have made a difference.

Before I deep dive into the schematic, does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Did I maybe short something somewhere? Can anyone offer some potential troubleshooting advice?

#2 5 years ago

Hm. After remembering that I changed the five ball to three ball setting, I now notice that it does not happen on five ball mode, but does happen on three ball mode. Is it actually designed to do this? O.o

#3 5 years ago

The schematic for Pioneer shows that in 3 ball mode the B and D rollovers are wired together so you always get both if either is tripped.
Pioneer 3-5 ball adjust (resized).jpgPioneer 3-5 ball adjust (resized).jpg
I'm pretty sure your '76 schematic would show the same. It's a way the game compensates for the shorter game by making the goals a little easier to achieve.

/Mark

#4 5 years ago

Yep, just checked my schematic, and it is indeed the same way. Can’t believe I missed that. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-of-76-b-and-d-rollovers-trigger-at-same-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.