• Latest reply 8 years ago by Ronnie1114
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

235140-i.jpg
#1 8 years ago

So did you guys see the Gottlieb Spirit that for sale at allentown for 7500 ? I would love to own one someday buy thats lot money for a gottlieb.

#2 8 years ago

Does not shock me at all. I know guys that have gone to the trouble of importing them from Spain. It's a really fun game that does not come up for sale often. I have heard them go for higher than that.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Does not shock me at all. I know guys that have gone to the trouble of importing them from Spain. It's a really fun game that does not come up for sale often. I have heard them go for higher than that.

yeah got play one few years ago great game but if i had 7500 it be hard to spend that on a gottlieb but then again i love the art work.

#4 8 years ago

I thought it was $6500 when I walked by, and later is was being taken apart so I think it sold. It was VERY nice.

Chris

#5 8 years ago

If I had that kind of money to spend on a pin, I would buy that Spirit before most new Stern titles.

#6 8 years ago

hi guys thanks for hundreds of people who stopped by my booth at Allentown
show to play my Spirit. The game has been sold and it is
no longer for sale.

Mickey

#7 8 years ago

I believe it was a prototype. Grats on sale

#8 8 years ago

I.think it was a sample, not prototype. Congrats on the sale to the buyer and seller.

#9 8 years ago

I was talking to someone else about it and he said the serial number had an "s" in it.

#10 8 years ago

Yup. Sample game. Not prototype.

#11 8 years ago

I played a few games on it and the price tag said 9000.00 and was told it sold for 8500.00

#12 8 years ago

I heard it was 12000.00 and breathed fire.

#13 8 years ago

I was there both days and never saw it. Did it sell before the show?

#14 8 years ago

It was there all day Friday and sold I think either Friday night or Saturday very early in the AM. It was gone by 9AM Saturday when I got there. It was along the wall to the far left as you came in the main entrance, next to a Rocky.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

It was there all day Friday and sold I think either Friday night or Saturday very early in the AM. It was gone by 9AM Saturday when I got there. It was along the wall to the far left as you came in the main entrance, next to a Rocky.

Thank you, that's weird because I specially looked at Rocky and played the little bromley mini golf game. Oh well, bummer, I would have liked to see it.

#16 8 years ago

You can play one at my house if you like!

#17 8 years ago

Just out of curiosity - what makes Spirit so valuable?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I was there both days and never saw it. Did it sell before the show?

It was gone by early evening on Friday, I think. It was on the same wall as the entrance, but way past the Mayfair Amusements booth. There was a Rocky next to it, and a Shaq Attack with a badly outgassed DMD near it.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm curious too--it's not like it had an extremely low production number at 1,230 pins. I have a Gottlieb pin with a production number of 711, and it doesn't seem to be worth much more than any other pin of its era.

With Spirit, it is pretty jam packed with stuff, and the ball time is crazy long.

Here's a very quick video a shot of it in attract mode.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I think there are a few reasons...It is the third, and most-loved of the trilogy (Haunted House & Black Hole) and is arguably Trudeau's best pin. The art package is incredible, to include the sounds and spinning disk.

While the initial production run was somewhat small, most of them went overseas and the overall remaining number still "alive" is considered to be quite low.

The gameplay is awesome as the machine has a lot of different things to do. Multiball is difficult to achieve, thus quite satisfying. Two-level playfield, etc.

You really have to play one to understand it.

When it's all said and done, the law of supply & demand comes into play. There's a lot of demand, and few folks who own nice examples are willing to sell, generally. I was told a non-restored example went for $10K in California.

#20 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. I just watched a video of one on YouTube. It definitely gives me a Haunted House vibe. I had no idea those games were part of a "trilogy" of titles. I can totally see it now, though.

I'd love to play one at some point just to say I did. I will say that the shot map looks SO different from other pins, so that's pretty cool.

Hope to see one in person one day!

#21 8 years ago

I don't think there are as many Spirit's still in existence as one would think given that there were 1230 of them made. And as others have said, "S" is sample, not prototype. The only prototype of Spirit is the white wood pictured here, http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2292&picno=21746

And lastly, most of the Spirit's made appear to be samples. A production game might be the minority here. When we had all the Spirit's I could muster up together at PAGG, all but 2 of them were sample games. The 2 production Spirit's came from France and Spain and were brought back here. The only difference I could see between a sample and production game was a small wire form was on the RH upper playfield plastic to prevent ball hang ups there.

Steve

235140-i.jpg235140-i.jpg
#22 8 years ago

You've got Spirit yes you do, You've got Spirit how about ME!! ......nope I got no Spirit

#23 8 years ago

Shhhhhh, the price is going up as we speak. Spirit is garbage and totally overpriced.

#24 8 years ago

I watched someone playing it and saw $9000. I have heard of its desirability and remember playing when new. It was exceptionally beautiful with the spinning stars in the backbox. But I had no inclination to play it and there was no line. Very strange ... but with the enthusiasm expressed here, I wish I at least played one game to satisfy my curiosity.

Ball paths were very interwoven, which I love to see.
And can see how it would be long ball times with the flipper saves on the outlanes.
Do these always work or have to be qualified or only have a certain number of flips allowed?

Oh well ... had to take care of my booth.
- Paul - WannaPinball.com

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from WannaPinball:

I watched someone playing it and saw $9000. I have heard of its desirability and remember playing when new. It was exceptionally beautiful with the spinning stars in the backbox. But I had no inclination to play it and there was no line. Very strange ... but with the enthusiasm expressed here, I wish I at least played one game to satisfy my curiosity.
Ball paths were very interwoven, which I love to see.
And can see how it would be long ball times with the flipper saves on the outlanes.
Do these always work or have to be qualified or only have a certain number of flips allowed?
Oh well ... had to take care of my booth.
- Paul - WannaPinball.com

When the ball goes down the outline, the rest of the flippers turn off. If you can hit the white stand up target that's INSIDE the slingshot, then the rest of the flippers reactivate, thus giving you your ball back. So, in a sense they are always on but you don't always get your ball back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spirit-at-pinfest-for-7500-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.