View topic image gallery

030 (resized).jpg
034 (resized).jpg
038 (resized).jpg
050 (resized).jpg
056 (resized).jpg
069 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

inspired by hooked on pinballs spinner mod for met pro i did the same for my GOTG. The layouts of the machines are similar and the mounting spots are about the same, it does requires notching the orbit plastics , they are hooked to the # 2 hadron target so the first spin will spot you that hadron and you get the hadron sound when they are activated , not a big effect on scoring . the hooked on pinball thread has some good referenced on mounting etc. I mounted mine a little higher in the orbits to keep from obscuring the character insert

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners

069 (resized).jpg069 (resized).jpg056 (resized).jpg056 (resized).jpg050 (resized).jpg050 (resized).jpg038 (resized).jpg038 (resized).jpg034 (resized).jpg034 (resized).jpg030 (resized).jpg030 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#2 3 years ago

pinballjj That looks awesome. Can you tell me how you connected the cables to the "Spinnger-Switch"?

Thank you very much

#3 3 years ago

not sure what you mean , the matrix wires are soldered to the the spinner switch lugs in standard fashion , the alligator clips go on the 2 lugs of the hadron target ( I used # 2 as it gets hit all the time to minimize the spinner hits completing the hadrons)

#4 3 years ago

Yeah got it... thx

#5 3 years ago

What was used to "notch" the plastics?
thx

Quoted from pinballjj:

not sure what you mean , the matrix wires are soldered to the the spinner switch lugs in standard fashion , the alligator clips go on the 2 lugs of the hadron target ( I used # 2 as it gets hit all the time to minimize the spinner hits completing the hadrons)

#6 3 years ago

Notch or do the cut-outs.
thx

#7 3 years ago

I used my bench grinder works really well for controlled shaping of plastics , others had use hand held dremels

#8 3 years ago

Thx, I might make a template jig and use my router

#9 3 years ago

Did a test using my bench grinder on a broken plastic. It worked great, thx.

1 year later
#10 1 year ago

any real thread with pictures and guide on doing this? I hate the thought of dicing things up on a nice machine..what I mean is that I do not want to devalue my new pin. Other mods don't affect this. So how do we mod this to emulate a premium/LE??? many thanks in advance.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

any real thread with pictures and guide on doing this? I hate the thought of dicing things up on a nice machine..what I mean is that I do not want to devalue my new pin. Other mods don't affect this. So how do we mod this to emulate a premium/LE??? many thanks in advance.

You can't emulate the PREM/LE experience exactly. The biggest issue is the PRO software doesn't support the spinner in the matrix, so you need to piggy-bank on one of the rollover switches. The plastic grinding is a bit sensitive to the purest, as is the new concealed hole you need to drill on the TOP of the playfield behind the ball guide to attached the spinner bracket. (ouch).

That said, a number of other folks have done the same operation many times without issues.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

You can't emulate the PREM/LE experience exactly. The biggest issue is the PRO software doesn't support the spinner in the matrix, so you need to piggy-bank on one of the rollover switches. The plastic grinding is a bit sensitive to the purest, as is the new hole you need to drill on the TOP of the playfield to attached the spinner bracket. (ouch).
That said, a number of other folks have done the same operation many times without issues.

Thanks for the info, but not ready to drill holes in the playfield!

#13 1 year ago

Yes if you are stressing about drilling a hole in a part of the Playfield that is completely hidden by plastics this mod is not for you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Corning, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinners-for-gotg-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.