Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0615 (resized).JPG
IMG_0614 (resized).JPG
IMG_0615 (resized).JPG
IMG_0614 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20230117-192105.png

#1 1 year ago

Spinner light not coming on when passing through centre roll over ,I've replaced the globe and cleaned up light socket .
also when game starts and this only happens on the first ball of the first game it starts scoring points non stop without hitting any targets or roll overs

#2 1 year ago

try running the light test via the front door red button, it will turn on/off all switched lights.

you could try reseating J3 on the lamp driver board, the lamp driver board may have 1 or more dry solder joins?

also likely the transistor Q51 on the lamp driver board that lights the spinner light is open preventing a path to ground?

regarding the continuous scoring, what score is being added? this will help narrow down what switch contacts are touching, also try the switch test via the red button on the front door, any closed switches will show in the credit/ball in play display window.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

try running the light test via the front door red button, it will turn on/off all switched lights.
you could try reseating J3 on the lamp driver board, the lamp driver board may have 1 or more dry solder joins?
also likely the transistor Q51 on the lamp driver board that lights the spinner light is open preventing a path to ground?
regarding the continuous scoring, what score is being added? this will help narrow down what switch contacts are touching, also try the switch test via the red button on the front door, any closed switches will show in the credit/ball in play display window.

Thanks for the reply i pulled j3 of and cleaned with alcohol ,fixed the problem with the spin light .so far has not been adding points with out play all good cheers from Niall

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Niall:

Thanks for the reply i pulled j3 of and cleaned with alcohol ,fixed the problem with the spin light .so far has not been adding points with out play all good cheers from Niall

Hi Rikoshay it still has the problem when the continuos scoring is 100 points ,this only happens on the first ball of first game after switching the game on.after that game plays as it should.any ideas to where to look.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Niall:

it still has the problem when the continuos scoring is 100 points ,this only happens on the first ball of first game after switching the game on.after that game plays as it should.any ideas to where to look.

Switch test mode is your friend. Use it to identify which switch the game thinks is stuck.
When the game is cold, remove the ball from the game (so the outhole switch is not closed) and power it up. When the game enters attract mode, immediately go to switch test mode by pressing the little red switch inside the coin door four times. The number blinking on the player displays corresponds to the suspect switch. The switch numbers are identified in the manual.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Quench:

Switch test mode is your friend. Use it to identify which switch the game thinks is stuck.
When the game is cold, remove the ball from the game (so the outhole switch is not closed) and power it up. When the game enters attract mode, immediately go to switch test mode by pressing the little red switch inside the coin door four times. The number blinking on the player displays corresponds to the suspect switch. The switch numbers are identified in the manual.

Thanks for the reply ,tried the switch test and got a 0

#7 1 year ago

so is this scoring continuous? like if you start a game it just keeps adding 100 points over and over? or does it eventually stop?

i'd be looking for and switches that score 100 points and checking the gap as it sounds like that is the problem, although it going away after 1st ball is odd.

you could try gently banging your hand around the playfield to find where this switch is, if that is what is causing the issue?

#8 1 year ago

Is it possible this could be from a faulty/worn out switch capacitor? This game uses them extensively... Think I counted 22 on this chart: Screenshot_20230117-192105.pngScreenshot_20230117-192105.png

I know it's a fair amount of work, but I'd replace them all to ensure consistent and reliable operation.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

so is this scoring continuous? like if you start a game it just keeps adding 100 points over and over? or does it eventually stop?
i'd be looking for and switches that score 100 points and checking the gap as it sounds like that is the problem, although it going away after 1st ball is odd.
you could try gently banging your hand around the playfield to find where this switch is, if that is what is causing the issue?

Only happens when the machine is cold when i first turn it on ,as soon as i press credit button it starts , i tilt it and the next ball is fine and every other game after that is fine plays as it should.

#10 1 year ago

Most of the switches on this game score one or more hundreds points.

Watch the ten pin star rollover lamps and also the right side S-P-A-R-E target lamps to see if any of those lamps go out. That will instantly tell you if it's any of those fifteen switches .

3 months later
#11 10 months ago
Quoted from Niall:

Thanks for the reply ,tried the switch test and got a 0

Found the prob ,i used the test button and found top roller had a problem solder splash at the bottom of switch stack. Picked it of all good
thanks again cheers from Niall

#12 10 months ago

Found the prob ,i used the test button and found top roller had a problem solder splash at the bottom of switch stack. Picked it of all good
thanks again cheers from Niall</blockquote
I thought i had fixed it ,its score continuously when cold ,thinking i should change the capacitor and diode on top roll over switch do you know the part number thanks from Niall

IMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPG
#13 10 months ago

Ah still has the prob over continuos scoring suspect switch is right top rollover lane switch does any one know what the part numbers for capacitor and diode or do i only change capacitor thanks from Niall

IMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0614 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPGIMG_0615 (resized).JPG
#14 10 months ago

You can use a 0.05uf or 0.047uf ceramic cap for them. In the meantime you can cut a leg off of the cap and see if that fixes the problem.

#15 10 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

You can use a 0.05uf or 0.047uf ceramic cap for them. In the meantime you can cut a leg off of the cap and see if that fixes the problem.

That fixed it clipping a leg of capacitor,looks like I'm ordering a bunch of capacitors thanks from Niall

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinner-light- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.