Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by aberdeentp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

before the new playfield was put in, I was able to get 300,000 points nailing the spinner when it was maxed out. But after putting in the new playfield as well as new ramps, it doesn't spin as well as before. Anyone else notice this? Me and my tech friend spent the better part of the afternoon fooling around with it and it just doesn't spin like it did. We can get 300,000 points by spinning it with our fingers but not even close with a flipper shot, so I have no idea what to try. I don't know if the angle is different or it's higher or lower than it use to be. If anyone had this problem and fixed it please let me know as this was such a fun feature of the game.

#2 10 years ago

What do you have the spinner scoring set at in the menus?

#3 10 years ago

it's not the scoring that's an issue, when it's maxed out, it scores what 7k per spin, it's just not spinning as hard as it use to, it just doesn't let loose anymore when I nail it.

#4 10 years ago

So when the spinner is at rest, is it at 90* vs the table, or is is slightly cocked backwards?

#5 10 years ago

it's 90 degrees, but it's at a slight angle, and don't know if this was the case previously.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

it's not the scoring that's an issue, when it's maxed out, it scores what 7k per spin

Just making sure, because I seem to remember that you can set it at 100 points rather than 7k.

#7 10 years ago

You bend the spinner legs to make it stand up straight rather than angled.

#8 10 years ago

the spinner score depends on the bank targets, each time you knock down the targets it increases in value, and you can max it out at 7k, it's real hard to do, so it's real rewarding to knock them down I think five times in a ball to set up the spinner for the 7k per spin and then blast it. Do you have a Space Shuttle? As that spinner could be designed to be at a slight angle, I was hoping someone had put in a new playfield and noticed the spinner not spinning like it once was.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

Do you have a Space Shuttle?

I rebuilt nearly a dozen of them last year. I have 2 more to go, plus one of my own.

#11 10 years ago

okay, then should the spinner be perfectly straight when you look at it from above or at a slight angle? Based on what I could get when maxed out, you should be able to hit the spinner with the flipper and have it spin around 40 times. Can you do that on the ones you have there?

#12 10 years ago

Bend the two legs straight out from the body (one or maybe both are now bent probably slightly upwards) and the spinner will stand straight up.

I'm working on the road, but maybe Sunday morning I can see how many spins I can get with a clean shot.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

Based on what I could get when maxed out, you should be able to hit the spinner with the flipper and have it spin around 40 times.

this seems to be an anomaly, mine will spin a max of about 20 times on a solid shot, and the others I've played seem to be about like that.

-Wes

#14 10 years ago

that is one reason why I really liked my Space Shuttle, I would focus solely on knocking the targets down to increase the spinner value until it was maxed out. Then I would hold the ball on the flipper, look at my score and then blast the spinner and I was able to get 300,000 points more than once. The sound it made when hitting it, pure bliss, it was like when you got to piss real bad and while going it feels like it will never end, that's how it is with that spinner. Then I put in the new playfield and ramps and doesn't perform close to what it did before.
Vid I hope you get a chance to test your spinner on Sunday.

#15 10 years ago

Hey aberdeentp, mine is original and it spins like all get out too when I nail it. I just looked at mine and it sits 90 from the PF and is 5/8's of an inch from the PF to the bottom of the spinner decal. Hope this helps. My best score is a little over 4 mil.

1 week later
#16 10 years ago

thanks, I'll check my measurements, Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinner-issues-on-space-shuttle-after-new-playfield-installed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.