201504_Nine-spiner3.jpg
201504_Nine-spiner1.jpg
201504_Nine-spiner2.jpg
P1061163.JPG
P1061162.JPG
image-650.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Working on a Flash Gordon. I installed NOS spinners and noticed that the right side spinner doesn't hang vertically, the top tips out about a 1/4 inch. Not so bad, probably won't affect game play. Then I install the left side. It the opposite, the bottom side is sticking way out and the ball will probably hit it and chip the paint or stop the ball dead. I have a 3rd NOS spinner and I was trying the see if they balance somehow. This spinner actually hanges straight if I rest the wires on my fingers. I used that one on the left and it's nice and straight. What would cause this? At first I though the tension on the metal link between the spinner and leaf switch was too tight, but not the case.

#2 9 years ago

It might help if you disconnect the brackets and make sure all the angles on the spinners and brackets are 90 degrees.

#3 9 years ago

I have seen the main shaft bent and make them not rotate properly before. Looking at my flash the rod going through the center looks to be slightly longer on one side of the spinner than the other. Both long sides point to the outside of the machine.

#4 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-650.jpgimage-650.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Show us a pic maybe it will help it does sound like something is not square

#6 9 years ago

I already changed the left side. This spinner is perfectly straight and gets a nice fast spin with little resistance. The first one I tried on the left, was sticking out at the bottom about a half inch. When I removed, I held it on my fingers as if it were mounted and still would not rest in a vertical position.
The left spinner leans the other way but not as bad. But doesn't spin as fast as the left.

P1061162.JPGP1061162.JPG P1061163.JPGP1061163.JPG
3 months later
#7 9 years ago

I'm having the same issue with my Nine Ball, never saw this issue before with another machine.
Perplexed. What in the world would get it to not reset with the shorter side down like on all my other pins?
-mof

201504_Nine-spiner1.jpg201504_Nine-spiner1.jpg201504_Nine-spiner2.jpg201504_Nine-spiner2.jpg201504_Nine-spiner3.jpg201504_Nine-spiner3.jpg201504_Nine-spiner4.jpg201504_Nine-spiner4.jpg

#8 9 years ago

You need tension on it. The spinner is not weighted on the bottom. You'll need to adjust the lower spinner switch blade to "pull down" on the linkage to bring it to a vertical position. Then adjust the switch gap accordingly with the upper blade.

#9 9 years ago

Without the scoring arm attached, bend the two spinner arms up or down slightly to change the resting position.

It's hard to describe, but picture an arc, and you will understand how the trick works.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Without the scoring arm attached, bend the two spinner arms up or down slightly to change the resting position.
It's hard to describe, but picture an arc, and you will understand how the trick works.

Ah, the goal is an arc and not a straight line?

(I even put a level across the top of the spinner bracket, and it's rather level -- just to get that out of the way.)

I would presume that the short end of the spinner should then "hang a little lower than 'flat on the horizon' when compared to the spinner arms?

-mof

4 years later
#11 4 years ago

Digging this one back up...

Having spinner issues on my LOTR. How do you bend the spinner arms to have the bottom leaning less towards the front of the machine, and more perpendicular to the pf?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Digging this one back up...
Having spinner issues on my LOTR. How do you bend the spinner arms to have the bottom leaning less towards the front of the machine, and more perpendicular to the pf?

Leave the spinner in the bracket. Pinch the spinner and slightly pull towards you. Or push away from you. I can never remember. Haha just do it a little bit and you’ll get it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,995 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinner-balance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.