2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I'm trying to figure out how to get the spinner on my Wizard to spin better. On Grand Prix they rip, but if I get six or seven rotations on Wizard I'm lucky.

Anyone who has a tip on this, fire away.

#2 2 years ago

Be sure it moves freely. A tiny drop of oil where the wire axle enters the hole in the frame.

Compare to your Grand Prix. You might see a difference.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I'm trying to figure out how to get the spinner on my Wizard to spin better. On Grand Prix they rip, but if I get six or seven rotations on Wizard I'm lucky.
    Anyone who has a tip on this, fire away.

Mine is the same way. I’ve double checked that it moves free, cleaned and Super Lubed it and I can’t get many rotations either.

Bad enough that I ordered hot coils for the flippers. Not sure if I need it for the left flipper but I’m going to try it out and then see if I can balance them both out.

My Aladdin’s Castle has the same coils that I currently have in my Wizard and you can rip the spinner for 20-25 rotations with a good shot and it’s the same distance from the flippers as on Wizard.

#4 2 years ago

In my opinion it’s also a bit of bad design. The way that the ball hits the spinner on alot of shots from the right flipper tends to make the ball hit the spinner at an angle that doesn’t flow up that skinny chute. A lot of times the ball will hit the spinner and the plastic chute guide almost simultaneously, resulting in lower rotations and the ball sometimes not even getting to the top. Granted, if you hit it just right it will sail up to the top but it’s rare, at least with the flipper coil power that is standard.

To make this point, I’ve nailed the spinner on lucky shots from the left flipper and it spun like a top every time. The angle is correct on that shot.

My 2 cents.

#5 2 years ago

Watch the difference in these two videos. I got my new coils ready to install.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spinner-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.