• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

missing (resized).jpg
Spinwheel Spin (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Does anyone have a Gottlieb game that has this spin relay? In Spin Wheel the wheel on the backbox is supposed to rotate around and land on values at "random" but mine only advances one at a time. I need to figure out how to take it apart and clean it because it is a bit sticky. But the coil is only firing once, instead of a few times to spin the wheel. It's not as cool to own a Spin Wheel that doesn't spin lol. Any advice on this unit? Would love to hear from an owner that can confirm how it works. Thanks!

Spinwheel Spin (resized).jpgSpinwheel Spin (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

If the coil is only firing once it's likely an issue with the circuit driving the Spin relay, not the Spin Relay itself. Does the switch on the Spin Unit close?

For a better idea of how the Spin Unit and Spin relay work see the video at:
https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/small-boards#SpinUnit

/Mark

3 weeks later
#4 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

For a better idea of how the Spin Unit and Spin relay work see the video at

That video was amazingly helpful

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

circuit driving the Spin relay

Well, that is the problem and unfortunately my unit is missing parts to work right. It is missing the spinner for some reason.

missing (resized).jpgmissing (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spin-wheel-calling-owners-for-help-on-spin-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.