• Latest reply 11 months ago by Slogan1111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 12 months ago

I have a Spin Out that sometimes will not reset the 1k or 10k to 0 at startup. What number it rests on is random. Once in awhile it will reset all to 0. Ball ejects & a game can be played regardless. I've searched this forum for an answer to this specific issue. Is it a matter of cleaning or are there specific switches that need adjustments?

#2 12 months ago

There are 3 switches on each score reel (not counting the end-of-stroke switch, and except the 10k reel, which only has 2) Some of them are out of adjustment. Start with these that should prevent the reset sequence from completing until all score reels are on 0.

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary:
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 12 months ago

Ok. Thanks. I will give this a try.

#4 12 months ago

Well. I screwed this up. What I can't figure out from the schematics is. Score reel on 0. Which switches are open or closed. 9. Open or closed. 1-8. Open or closed? I tried to match the ones that were working. The thousand unit had a blade in the wrong spot. Fixed. Tried to adjust. That's where things went south.

#5 12 months ago

There are some good videos on YouTube about score reels, especially ones by "the goatshed". I'm in your neck of the woods if you want a hand.

#7 12 months ago

Oh yeah. The goatshed guy. I forgot about him. Thx. I'll dig in some more. You going to Allentown Poppapin? I was trying to get this machine working a tick better with the score reels & take it to Allentown.

#8 12 months ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Oh yeah. The goatshed guy. I forgot about him. Thx. I'll dig in some more. You going to Allentown Poppapin? I was trying to get this machine working a tick better with the score reels & take it to Allentown.

Yeah, his video helped me get a score wheel going. I'm definitely no expert, and yes I'll be at the show.

#9 11 months ago

Praise the Lord! After hours upon hours of trying my patience. Finally got them working. Lol. Things went south when I started adjusting the ax relay. More things kept going wrong. Wires coming off. Resoldering, etc. Great learning experience. Gotta keep your eyes open and really look for things. In the end, adjusting switches, relays, and cleaning is not that difficult. Understanding schematics and figuring out what does what is the tricky part. Thanks all for your input and direction. I've been putting off an EM experience like this for a while. I'm happy I finally dug into one.
In the beginning. Game played & functioned wonderfully. Just wanted the reels to reset properly. 100% of the time! Lol. Thx again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spin-out-score-reel-problem- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.