2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sacseg (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I was troubleshooting some lighting issues with my Gottlieb Spin-A-Card. I had the playfield up, so no ball in outhole. Reset game but didn't trigger the trough switch to advance ball count unit to ball one. Shut off machine and hit replay button to restart and got nothing. With or without a ball in the outhole. The only way to get it to start was by advancing the ball unit off of the zero position. Then everything works fine.

I realize that normally there will be a ball in it, which would kick across the trough switch and advance the ball unit, but is it supposed to not start if the ball count unit is in the zero position?

The schematic shows an open switch at the zero position and the only other path is through the tilt relay.

sacseg (resized).jpgsacseg (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

So is that tilt relay (I don't have a schematic, but I'm assuming that TB switch is on the tilt relay.) working as it should?

I think the TB relay is probably an interlock relay and that switch should be closed when the game is ready to start. It's drawn as open because schematics are drawn with a game started. The TB relay gets reset at the beginning of each game, which closes it again.

#3 2 years ago

TB is the Tilt relay as paulace suggested, but it's a trip relay.

Since the Tilt relay switch and Ball Count switch are in parallel I think the intention is that you can't start a new game with the replay button unless you've played a ball or tilted the game. Otherwise you could hit the replay button several times, and subtract credits, before playing your first ball.

The coin chute switches don't have that restriction.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks for the correction, Mark.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

TB is the Tilt relay as paulace suggested, but it's a trip relay.
Since the Tilt relay switch and Ball Count switch are in parallel I think the intention is that you can't start a new game with the replay button unless you've played a ball or tilted the game. Otherwise you could hit the replay button several times, and subtract credits, before playing your first ball.
The coin chute switches don't have that restriction.

I thought this might be the case. Makes perfect sense. Except that I never noticed it happening on other Gottlieb games. If I tilt it, I can get it to reset because it now goes through the closed switch on TB. So I compared it to my Big Brave and there is a similar open switch at Ball Count Zero Position shown on the schematic. But if I hit the replay button on Big Brave (at zero ball count) it will start a game. Difference is when I power Big Brave back on, it is in Tilt mode but Spin-A-Card is not.

#6 2 years ago

Ok, I'm going to try. Big brave is a 2 player game so it will add a player if one hits the replay button before the first ball is played but the Spin is a single so no need to add a player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spin-a-card-ball-count-zero-position?hl=iamdrunker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.