Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Niall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi new here looking for part number of 1969 spin a card cabinet flipper switch ,new problem anyone know what part of the machine would be causing spin and kick out holes to randomly start up on there own.

#2 1 year ago

Spin a card randomly spins the cards and kick out holes go off without entering the kick out holes ,any idea where i should be looking to solve this problem
    cheers fro Niall

#3 1 year ago

I feel like i have a haunted machine

#4 1 year ago

if the X relay is powering, see if the hole switches are gapped too small and vibration is closing one to power X

thumping the playfield around the holes is another test

#5 1 year ago

Thanks ill have a look tomorrow and see how it goes ,can you tell which is the x relay thanks from Niall

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Niall:

can you tell which is the x relay

X is the Spin Pulse relay

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from HowardR:

X is the Spin Pulse relay

looks like it's on the bottom board in the relay bank in front of the transformer.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2288&picno=66175

a sequence of stuff happens, some of which is:

1] hole switch closes and powers X relay
    2] X relay switch closes and power A relay - A is the spin delay relay
    3] A relay switch powers the G relay - G is the hole and spin relay
    4] G relay switch powers the hole kick coils

there's score motor switches in the circuits controlling when some of that stuff happens, but the simplest thing to check first is if the hole switches are closing when they shouldn't.

if the game is spinning without the X relay powering, look at the switch on the X relay with the RED-WH and YEL+BLK wires ... that's the one powering the A relay coil.

#8 1 year ago

many thanks HowardR and Baldtwit

#9 1 year ago

Problem solved the yellow plastic cover in the kick out hole had come loose pushing the switch too close. I first opened the gap then wouldn't work ,then tightened the yellow cover and corrected the gap in switch.This is a great site.Feels rewarding being able to fix small problems .All good thanks again

1 month later
    #10 1 year ago

new problem cleaned a few contacts ,now when it goes through the 500 it doesn't score ,y relay locks on until i hit the centre target and it pays the 500 instead of 100 ,then y relay is released. Any help much appreciated.

#11 1 year ago

y relay locks on until centre target is hit and scores 500 instead of 100 after passing over top 500 point

#12 1 year ago

the Y relay releases when score motor 2B switch opens.

the score motor should turn on when Y powers. Sounds like it isn't. There's two switches in the circuit:

Y relay switch : red-yel and blk-yel wires - N.O.
    top center rollover switch : blk-yel and red-wh wires - N.C.

note there's at least two switches on the top center rollover. One powers the Y relay when the rollover is down, the other is in the circuit to turn on the score motor when the rollover is up.

#13 1 year ago

Did some more adjustments and now the relay switch 3rd from the back right on the bottom board is locking on and preventing the machine to start up.
    Any ideas

#14 1 year ago

i don't have the labels on the bottom board so I don't know what its called

#15 1 year ago

Any one got a pic of the bottom board with the labels i could look at. Right side at the back.

#16 1 year ago

Compare the number of Normally closed, Normally open, and Make/break switches on your mystery relay to the legend on the schematic, along with wire colors to identify your mystery relay.

#17 1 year ago

Problem solved found that must have gapped the pop bumper relay switch to close, thanks Howard

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spin-a-card and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.