(Topic ID: 222551)

Spike Stern flipper feel? Feels off? Or fine?

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Spike Stern flipper feel? Feels off? Or fine? ”

• Flippers feel fine to me 15 votes
      88%
    • Flippers feel different than Sam 2 votes
      12%

(17 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

For me the flippers are the heartbeat of any good playing pin. Shitty flippers equal shitty gameplay.

Has anyone notice something a little off with some of the spike games in terms of flipper feel or delay? They’re plenty powerful but I’ve noticed something feels a little off, almost like a micro second of a delay.

Kiss and Ghostbusters felt fine to me when I had them in a huo environment, and maiden felt fine too, with the exception of the end of flipper shots, like that spinner to the pops are tomb awards.

I have played a Star Wars out of the box and huo Aerosmith now at home and both feel the same, with many “ hmm that shot should have gone there” type of moments and just overall feel is noticeablely different in where I expect that ball to go.

I played around with the tension of the switch stack, that wasn’t it. It’s almost like you can see a flutter bounce after each flip if you look closely at the flipper after impact, ball or no ball... and this may be the key to the whole thing. Or is it because they’re 48 volts..

Thoughts?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Driz1847:

Ive noticed a while ago that the ramps and orbit shots seemed all later on the flippers in Aerosmith and Star Wars, compared to other games. It feels like a big change to me.

Yes! This.
    This is what I mean. These two games is where I’ve noticed it, even if it’s just a slice of paper difference off, it’s off. I noticed it on maiden on the right shot to the tomb awards too, it’s not where you expect it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-stern-flipper-feel-feels-off-or-fine-?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.