(Topic ID: 175828)

Spike Power Splitter

By jorge5240

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheNoTrashCougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Here you go! This is a basic splitter that will provide you with about 1.5 amps of power at 12v. To power uner-cabinet lighting see my post below.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4248

--Scott

#3 7 years ago

If you are going to run under-cabinet lighting, it is recommended you use the Accessory Power Supply for SPIKE games as it will safely allow you to power these higher current mods.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

--Scott

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

So which one? Also, If I buy the accessory power supply do I still need to buy specific under cab kit for spike or can I buy one for SAM? Thanks again, Mike

If you are wanting to run under cabinet lighting, get this one. The SAM one will not work in your game as there is no place to plug it in.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

Quoted from Lermods:

the Undercab light kit, at least the one we sell, runs off the 12v flasher circuits. I think the accessory board only gives you 12v so your lights will always be powered and not be interactive, but I'm not 100% on this. Spike flashers are 6v...I hate spike, makes modding a pain to deal with.

The under cabinet lighting needs a constant 12v power source to function. The accessory power supply board will supply this voltage at the needed amperage. The under cabinet lighting kits can still function along with flashers in the game by tapping off of the ground (signal) side of the flasher. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
--Scott

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Scott, have you tested and verified this works on Spike systems? They have fairly sensitive boards and tying a 12V powered LED circuit to the ground outputs of these boards might cause problems. The circuit may not be capable of sinking the amount of current needed for a 12V under cabinet kit. The spike boards may not operate by grounding the circuit like older games.

I have not tested this personally, but I agree that these node boards can be finicky when hooking up mods directly to them. I have seen people do it though. I would recommend reaching out to someone that makes these under-cabinet lighting kits to verify compatibility and functionality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 49.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

15,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheNoTrashCougar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-power-splitter?tu=TheNoTrashCougar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.