You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cruise (resized).jpg
107627701_o (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
IMG_0661 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

They told me to order elsewhere. Granted, it was bought in like 2016, but they didnt even ask me about any information.

Is it possible to order the node board elsewhere? None of the online pinball part suppliers sell node boards to my knowledge here and the distributors only want to sell them to their direct customers as I understand it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#74 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I have said this before. If you have a Spike game, please play it early in its life. The vast majority of failures I have seen with node boards have been early life (think 0-500 plays) failures. If you encounter an early failure relatively close to the build date, Stern / Distributor will take care of you. Three years later not so much. So play your game.

Logic would support this statement (I agree, many defects are component manufacturing defects which will reveal themselves early), but do we really know to which extent this applies to Spike games? Spike has been around maybe 5 years. The poster above with the GB indicated there are cases of older games breaking down. For instance, fatigue fractures on solder joints could increase gradually over time making older games more susceptible to breakdown.

#105 4 years ago

I’m already looking forward to it...in 7 years or so, when friends come over I will proudly show off my collection of pre-2020 Spike node boards. I can hear the oohs and aahs already. Obviously they will still be unopened in the original packaging. But here’s the question - will I need a sophisticated security system to keep these treasures out of the hands of owners of Spike paperweights who only want to unpack them and use them in their games - the very thought is painful.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-node-board-repair-anyone?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.