(Topic ID: 158371)

Spike, G.O.T. flipper question overcurrent protection?

By hocuslocus

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I wanted to check to make sure my assumption was correct about the flippers going dead. after pressing the flippers a number of times consecutively the flippers die for about 2 seconds. I never really noticed this until someone pointed it out. after unsuccessfully locating documentation saying this would happen. I wanted to make sure this was normal behavior. I'm thinking there is logic built in to say as soon as the current reaches this level, shut down until normal levels are reached.
is this standard in stern machines?

#2 7 years ago

Are you on the latest code? I thought I remember seeing this addressed in one of the patch notes. Is this a pro or LE/PREM? If LE/PREM, upper or lower flippers?

#3 7 years ago

I honestly didn't even think to check since I updated the code yesterday to 1.26. I just remembered to ask. the last update I did before that was to 1.22 and I could see how easy it would be for the flippers to die if you weren't paying attention.
it's an LE and the lower flippers. anytime you press one or the other flipper you can see the lights dim a little bit around the slingshots.
I just assumed it was something to protect the game, thought it kind of weird but...

#4 7 years ago

ok, now I'm pretty sure this is an issue. probably even worse then before I lost like a game due to the flippers continuing to die.
just talked to stern they said it was a problem with a board under the playfield. Node 8

sending it in for a replacement.

#5 7 years ago

More board problems, oh boy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-got-flipper-question-overcurrent-protection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.