Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Wakky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wakky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

I noticed there are no more 'attract sounds' on the stern pinballs made lately. Its good to have a demo sound or attraction when on site location as it makes the game stand out ...older pinballs from the 90's like Fishtales , Adams Family, Indianna Jones etc would play music or have attraction speech to lure players in
    We have several arcade centres and most games pop out when they make a demo sound but none of our late model Stern pinballs have a demo attract sound which is sadly missed from an operators point of view

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Excalabur:

Apparently the attract sounds were more trouble than they were worth, since many operators (or locations, more to the point) hated them and wound up turning the volume on the machine down to make them go away.

Doesn't sound like your an operator.? The demo sounds could easily be turned off or on via the menu set up anyway so this wasn't an issue. In our arcades we find when games are in attract mode it creates that arcade experience.. Would you rather go into an arcade with all games off with 'dead silence' or a centre that has games running in full live action with sounds pumping?
    As an operator I know my customers love hearing arcade games and pinballs come to life in an arcade centre .Again we used to either go into a games menu and either turn them on or off. My point is the newer Sterns don't even have that option for the operator to have his game on full demo with sounds in the first place.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wakky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-annoyances-for-an-operator?tu=wakky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.