Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Flaverflav
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rock914.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Cab Node board 1 CN11 and the power distribution board CN6.

1 week later
    #9 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I need 5v... those are only 12v .
    Would CN2 be good. Otherwise I may buy the power board for pinball life.

Cab node 1 CN2 will provide 5v. It is the same connector as CN11 and they are next to each other. I build actual connectors so ideally you could build 1 connector and it could be used for either 12v or 5v depending on where you plug it in. Hope that makes sense.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I thought that that was an issue with node boards having trouble.
    If not thats very simple... Anyone else have suggestions or input on this ?

You will be fine as long as you do not take more power than what is available. The node boards have issues with or without mods. Just make sure you do your homework and hook everything up correctly. These have very limited protection so a mistake can be costly on the spike machines. Good luck!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I will try this in the future for some light mods..... For now I went with the cab power supply board from pinball life thats fused and says it uses no node power even though it is connected to a node board. It will be running some LEDS, a small motor and some timer relays so for 50 bucks I decided to be safe on this one.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4052

Wow, that board uses the exact same 2 connections I listed and use.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rock914.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-and-spike-2-power-for-mods?tu=rock914 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.