3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I installed this on my JP LE. I had no issues and was powering a topper and back box lighting kit. Suddenly stopped working. No leds lit on accessory but getting power to the cpu. All lights are solid on the cpu, just not power accessory. I checked the fuses and all good. Anyone else have this happen and any resolution. Thanks for the help.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from robey99:

I installed this on my JP LE. I had no issues and was powering a topper and back box lighting kit. Suddenly stopped working. No leds lit on accessory but getting power to the cpu. All lights are solid on the cpu, just not power accessory. I checked the fuses and all good. Anyone else have this happen and any resolution. Thanks for the help.

Did you test both the fuses on the accessory board OUT of the holders? Sometimes they test good in the holder even if they're not.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you test both the fuses on the accessory board OUT of the holders? Sometimes they test good in the holder even if they're not.

I did. Took them out and they tested good. I guess I can try to replace even if testing good.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from robey99:

I did. Took them out and they tested good. I guess I can try to replace even if testing good.

Did you test the power connector coming INTO the board to make sure it's sending in power to the board?

#5 3 years ago

I didn’t since I assumed the cpu was getting power. All the leds on the cpu are solid red and the game plays fine.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from robey99:

I didn’t since I assumed the cpu was getting power. All the leds on the cpu are solid red and the game plays fine.

Check the power connector going INTO the accessory board.

How many amps is your topper pulling max? The backbox lighting kit?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-power-accessory-from-pinball-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.