1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Tuukka
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Good morning,

Spike 1 CPU board seem out of stock everywhere, which is understandable given the supply situation. However I would like to know if Stern has actually planned to build any more of these in the long term (if anyone would know) ?

Also, do you know what is the difference between US and Europe versions of these boards ? All US website clearly articulate that it can only work on US machines, but I'm puzzled as to why.

Thanks

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRetail:

You can contact Stern Technical support, and ask these kinds of questions.
    Nobody but Stern knows about their future plans.
    There are very few Spike board technicians, again, Stern might be your best place to look for information on the differences in machines produced for the European market.
    Good luck!

I asked my importer to contact Stern about it.

Also wonder if anyone has tested with a Spike 2 CPU board, after all as I understand it's the same SoC

7 months later
    #6 8 months ago

Thanks, reached out by direct message

That said... I realized it's probably a US Spike 1 board, and I seem to recall there's a modification required so it can operate in Europe ?

#7 8 months ago

So I checked, and indeed it seems spike 1 and spike 2 are region locked (more precisely they detect 60hz).

And I have no idea how they do it.... Since the cpu board power supply is DC (through the meanwell Psu), how in the world can they even detect AC frequency?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ashram56.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-1-cpu-board?tu=Ashram56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.