Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by herg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Your video seems to focus on the leds on the slings and the return lanes. Those are GI and not controlled lamp matrix like the inserts.

I dont notice this on my SMVE. But ive never filmed it with slomo either....

If its the GI primarily causeing you issues then ledocd makes a GI board you might want. Or do both with the insert ledocd board.

#14 7 years ago

There is a setting in SMVE to make the inserts simulate the original spidey. Ive never spent enough time with original spidey but apparently for example it would light the green goblin insert in the center playfield with varying brightness as you were working through the three phases of green goblin modes. It made the leds in my SMVE flicker more so I turned it back off.

Having said that you are looking for less flickery so maybe you are better off with both LEDOCD AND OCD GI boards.

Lastly im not sure the code in SMVE will fade on and off the inserts like the original spidey did just cause it was designed for incandescent bulbs... It may. But it may be more like metallica that doesnt do much ramp on and off now?

#15 7 years ago

Fellow aussy pinsider Time Bandit may be able to help. I know Austrailia is huge, but you are both there so i thought id mentions him. He has a led insert control board mod called total light show and he is totally re working SMVE.

#19 7 years ago

But honestly if you want LESS led flickering and want to keep it stock, then the LEDOCD/GIzmo pair may be what you are looking for.

Btw, i attempted to record my SMVE in attract mode in slomo and didnt quite get what i expected. When i play it back its in real time. I have a samsung phone not iphone and this is first time ive messed with slomo...
But having said that even when recording on cell the GI did not flicker at all on my machine. The main inserts in the center playfield web did flicker quite a bit in the video though. But I dont see that to the naked eye.

Ill try slomo again later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.95
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rickwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spidy-ve-factory-leds-strobing?tu=rickwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.