52%
  • Maybe so 2 votes
    6%

(33 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8BAB3393-2A4E-4450-BA7C-12C847CA4680 (resized).jpeg

#1 7 months ago

Is this worth 6500? It’s for sale from original owner who bought it new and has under 300 plays.

8BAB3393-2A4E-4450-BA7C-12C847CA4680 (resized).jpeg
#2 7 months ago

I personally prefer the original, but both are the same game & it’s a great game. I just find the voices from the movie actors to be so much more fun than the bad Marvel voiceover. Some people like the comic book theme & DMD more to their liking. I think that price is cheaper than when it came out, and based on the goofy market right now - that’s prob a fair price.

#3 7 months ago

Personal taste I love mine. Owned since it came out.

Play field was replaced. I still play it a lot. Don't plan on selling. The call outs weakest part of the game but I'm use to it. Everything else is awesome

Good luck.

#4 7 months ago

Thanks for the input, Fellas. Think it was close to 8 grand when released in 2016.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from Leonardo:

Is this worth 6500? It’s for sale from original owner who bought it new and has under 300 plays.

Great game but stay away from the vault, the call outs are horrendous.

#6 7 months ago

Love my Vault

Is it worth 6500, if it’s just stock and no ColorDMD or other mods then I’d say no

#7 7 months ago

I prefer the vault over the original. I like the callouts in the vault and feel they fit the comic theme perfectly. Artwork also better imo and not even close.To each their own, but that's my opinion. If you think a new stern pro is worth $6099. Then a spidy vault with color dmd would surely be worth $6500. If it doesn't have color, well your gonna have to get it so negotiate that into the price.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from Leonardo:

Is this worth 6500? It’s for sale from original owner who bought it new and has under 300 plays.[quoted image]

Meh, I'd try to get an original. The vault was cheaped out (green goblin mech), has weird stretch spiderman art (imo) and the voice work is DESPERATELY missing the J Jonah Jameson callouts from the original.

#9 7 months ago

They did this though for the vault

Numerous improvements to durability based on research of the original game’s field experience, including:
– Steel plastic protectors at the Sandman and in the pop bumper area.
– VUK opening playfield protectors at Dock Ock and the Sandman.
– Stainless steel playfield protector beneath the webslinger in the pops.
– All stainless steel webslinger ball guides.
– Improved ramp guards.
– Optimizations to the design of anti-ball trap plastics and ramp covers.
– Improved wire form ramp mounting details.
– Anti-wear Dock Ock playfield magnet assembly.
– All LED playfield lighting.

Webslinger themed laser-cut side armor in black powdercoat with contrasting color inserts

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

They did this though
Numerous improvements to durability based on research of the original game’s field experience, including:
– Improved ramp guards.

None of that makes up for the J Jonah Jameson voicework loss and the weird spiderman VO on the vault. Not a fan of the art, either, at all. The only real plus is the cool siderails and the LED lighting.

IMO, of course.

#11 7 months ago
Quoted from Leonardo:

Thanks for the input, Fellas. Think it was close to 8 grand when released in 2016.

More like $7500 list, $7k street.

#12 7 months ago

I believe I paid $6,500 for mine NIB when it was announced.

Here’s an awesome in depth video of the game. Hope this helps with your decision.

As for my 2 cents, I love this game so much more than the original. The comic art is timeless. Color DMD is fantastic on the game. I’m in the minority for callouts, I think it fits the game perfectly. It has that comic feel to it (similar to the new Avengers game). It’s also nice knowing, that the VE is better built than the original.

#13 7 months ago

I just checked my audits over 2,300 plays not sure if more that were erased with code changes.

It's a longer game playing pin but 300 if original is criminal . Why don't people play their pins ? I'm spread out over playing more than a few.

I also paid $6,500 new, but that was in the day where distributors had pricing flexability.

Cheers

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

They did this though for the vault
– Improved ramp guards.
Webslinger themed laser-cut side armor in black powdercoat with contrasting color inserts

if i'm planning on playing it over and over, i'd take the experience of hearing it with the original callouts all day long, over anything on that list. i think it boils down to if you want to enjoy playing it or thinking about how durable it is.

as far as if spidey is worth the money, rest assured it was by far the best Stern game up until they hired Keith.

#15 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

None of that makes up for the J Jonah Jameson voicework loss and the weird spiderman VO on the vault. Not a fan of the art, either, at all. The only real plus is the cool siderails and the LED lighting.
IMO, of course.

It's not so much the voices, it's the writing. I have no idea why they changed "Save MJ" to "Tell MJ". Instead of each shot showing Spider-Man kicking ass & MJ screaming, each shot is the characters flatly saying "YES" or "NO". Weird choices like that are the things that kill the Vault for me.

#16 7 months ago

i much prefer the VE
the call outs fit the comic theme
the art is much better than the original

#17 7 months ago

I’ve owned 2 originals and 1 vault with my time in the hobby. The vault lasted the longest and has a much better appeal overall IMO. Now, if you’re a fan of the Tobey movies and the actor representations, go that route. But vault is pretty freakin sweet overall.

#18 7 months ago

Bought my spider site unseen when announced fan of Toby love it never leaving

#19 7 months ago

The original SM is the only way to go on this game.

#20 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

t's not so much the voices, it's the writing.

Its both. It stinks. Get the OG kind sir.

Quoted from phantasmo:

the art is much better than the original

Yeah if u like that whole new wave emo art. Terrible.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The original SM is the only way to go on this game.

This.

#21 7 months ago

Just thinking out loud but isn’t it possible to run the original code on the vault?
Or did they change too many subtle things to make it work?

#22 7 months ago

I’d say yes if it had the color DMD.

I love SM owned two of the original versions, great game except long playing.

#23 7 months ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Just thinking out loud but isn’t it possible to run the original code on the vault?
Or did they change too many subtle things to make it work?

Doesn’t work. It’s been discussed extensively in the club forum.

Quoted from rai:

I’d say yes if it had the color DMD.
I love SM owned two of the original versions, great game except long playing.

You can always take the center post out. Seriously tho, it pairs perfectly next to IM.

#24 7 months ago

I don’t like to remove center post to make it a short playing game because the rules go with long playing not short games.

#25 7 months ago

for a few hundred more try to find a black edition.

#26 7 months ago

Spiderman is a game is a sweet Steve Ritchie game I would recommend any day. If you are trying to choose between an original or the vault edition, I would choose based on who is playing it. If it is mostly just you, and when you think of Spiderman the 2001 Sony Toby Maguire movie pops into your head, go with the original. If that isn't what you think of or if you have young kids, go with the VE. I would think of it more as a comic book edition vs. original choice. I vastly prefer the VE, but you will have just as much fun on both versions.

#27 7 months ago

Has anyone done a good reorchestration of the call outs using pinball browser?

#28 7 months ago

I used Pin Browser to load several dozen of the original movie callouts into my VE sounds.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside