Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Spidey Auto Scoring

Letter received on Sunday October 9th 2016.

Sunday October 9th 2016

Hi Lloyd. Thanks for taking my question. My SM is acting very strange all of a sudden. When the game boots up and you start a game, it starts scoring by itself. The scoring just keeps going and going without even launching a ball. I assume (d) that a switch must be stuck, but I can’t figure out which one (if that is it) or what is causing it. I had a friend of mine who is Mr. Pinball and he can’t figure it out either. Any ideas on what it might be and how to isolate and fix it?

Thanks,

Silver Surfer

Dear Silver Surfer

Should be easy to figure out. Switch test - what is running ? I'd bet on an opto switch. If any register on the DMD, reseat the opto connector to the board they plug onto below the playfield. If it returns, reflow the solder on the pins the connector plugs onto and a little hot glue to hold the connector on tight.

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spidey-auto-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.