(28 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7F33463C-6639-4FA5-BF72-A7287B0A7CAF (resized).jpeg
849BF876-C3AE-485F-83C7-0976715C3ED2 (resized).jpeg
D307563D-197D-4AF4-A727-3195DE700AC8 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 years ago

Im looking to add another pin. Ive narrowed it down to these two. Which one would you prefer and why

#3 4 years ago

Totan, and it's not even a close call for me.

#4 4 years ago

Well this is an interesting head to head. Tough call.....i like shorter ball times....so im going Totan....

#5 4 years ago

Picking up a spider-man in the morning, so I’m going with that.

#6 4 years ago

I love playing my Spider-Man weekend mornings with a cup of coffee. I’m big on superhero themes.

#7 4 years ago

TOTAN if you want a nice looking piece of furniture or a really easy game that's super beautiful but unfortunately rather shallow.

Spiderman if you like a challenge and flow.

#8 4 years ago

Ive had Spiderman in the past, I know what I get with it. Since im not the greatest player both pins are right up my alley. Fun is the key, is 3k more for totan worth it?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Ive had Spiderman in the past, I know what I get with it. Since im not the greatest player both pins are right up my alley. Fun is the key, is 3k more for totan worth it?

Frankly, if you've already had SM before I'd just find something else. Totan for $3k more than SM is poor value in the gameplay category, it's just not a very good game for longer term play.

#10 4 years ago

Spiderman for me, game code has more deph and I prefer that.

#11 4 years ago

I dont currently own nor have ever owned any of the 3 titles.
IM never did anything for me
SM is a just an all around great game
TOTAN as every says is a beautiful game but the game play itself is pretty damn boring
BUT
With the guy who has been adding/rewriting TOTAN code that very well just might put TOTAN at a serious fun level with depth!
For the cost of TOTAN you could buy 2 pins and if you're on a tight budget like me that pretty much makes the decision every time.

#12 4 years ago
#13 4 years ago

Totan is just boring, easy and the code is lame. It's beautiful for a few weeks.
I had SM, didn't like it but i think it's a better game than Totan.
IM is a perfect game for me, i had 35 pins in the past and IM is the only pin i keep. Fun, fast, exciting, i love the code.
(IM:Iron Man)

#14 4 years ago

TOTAN is a gorgeous game. It's also one of the games I remember playing as a kid and loving. Whenever I see one at a show or on location I'll spend some time on it. After 2 or 3 games I'll consistently beat the game or at least get to the battle. Then I walk away with a smile content not playing it until the next time I find one on location or a show. Even though I just sold mine, I vote Spiderman. If you are someone that doesn't play a ton, doesn't often beat games, or has a ton of nostalgia for TOTAN, go with that one.

#15 4 years ago

I have many pins. I always find I go to Totan more times than not. Definitely has less code but just an awesome experience every time. Sold Spiderman and I don't let many go once I have them. Tales gets my vote.

#16 4 years ago

totan is fun for about 40 games. iron man is a good game but a drain monster, spiderman hands down.

#17 4 years ago

If your already owned SM I would get IM. TOTAN Is a very pretty game but the rules are very shallow and become repetitive grind.

#18 4 years ago

I vote IM.

I still own an IM, sold my SM.

SM was a bit too long playing IMO. I have literally thousands of plays on my IM and it is still a fun, relatively fast challenge.

TOTAN is beautiful.

Really, they are all top games, just depends on what you are looking for and your skill level.

#19 4 years ago

for me IM>SM>TOTAN

totan is pretty but gets so boring after a while

I like both sm and im but I have to give the edge to IM. if I have a great game on Spider-Man l'll be good, but iron man has that one more game feel.

#20 4 years ago

Don't get Iron Man. You're not good enough. You can't handle it.

It will kick your ass and then laugh at you.

#21 4 years ago

Iron Man for short brutal ball times.

Spider-Man for longer games with lots of flow.

TOTAN if looks trump all.

#22 4 years ago

Iron Man is an absolutely awesome game. Face-melter and demands another press of the start button after taking your lunch money.

Spider-man is alot of fun in the same manner as Attack from Mars. Fun center shot and ramps. Great for new players as well.

TOTAN is a gorgeous game, and really neat to hit the lamp and genie, but I couldn't ever really get into it. It's fun, but I got tired of it quickly.

1 week later
#23 4 years ago

Spiderman, not even close. Seriously challenging game. Played over 500, maybe I suck but I've yet to win it (on 3 balls).

Totan I won with like 20$ in the arcade when I was 20.

Iron man I don't get the appeal at all tbh. I've never spent a ton of time playing it. Just doesn't seem to be much to shoot at.

The only thing that annoys me about Spider-Man is the music, otherwise a perfect game.

I guess depends what you're looking for, totan is fine.... But as others mentioned a bit high on the price tag

#24 4 years ago

Iron Man > Spider Man > Totan

Totan is not very fun for me. The main multiball is way out of balance (worthless). The lightning spinner is the most fun part of the game.

#25 4 years ago

I owned/own SM and IM. Love them both. Own MET and AFM currently and you own those also.

You say you are a so-so player. IM is an butt kicker that you will hit start again and again, but may be too tough. SM is great, but you already have owned it. Totan is a good game but not an easy find and it will cost you for a nice example.

I am going to go out of the box and recommend ST Pro and WCS. I owned them both before and dug them big time! You can experience something similar to SM, but try something new with ST and a “poor man’s Jpop” in WCS, to see if you like his style. Both are fun and not butt kickers. Casual and serious players like them.

#26 4 years ago

I have a Spider-Man and an Iron Man. I’ve only played TOTAN a handful of times. Iron Man is by far the most challenging. Either IM or as someone pointed a few posts up, Star Trek is a smoother version of Spider-Man.

#27 4 years ago

Ive narrowed it done to two. Sm vs Im. I think ultimately it will boil down to theme integration.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Ive narrowed it done to two. Sm vs Im. I think ultimately it will boil down to theme integration.

spiderman !! iron man is a frustrating, draining, kick ya in the ding ding kinda game.

#29 4 years ago

SMVE

#30 4 years ago

Iron Man FTW. Great bash toy, it’s fast and the orbit and ramps flow like butter. I don’t see where people say it has short ball times.

1 week later
#31 4 years ago

Spiderman > iron man vault

#32 4 years ago

IM and SM are both excellent.

SM is easier - long games
IM is tough - short games

I prefer IM, and it will make you a better player. If you are not up for the challenge, then SM would be better.
Since you've already owned SM, I recommend getting IM.

#33 4 years ago

I’m biased, I own TOTAN. Love it, beautiful game. Mine is bolted to the floor. But if you are a great shooter, I do see what others are saying about it becoming boring.
The other two you mentioned above are fun.
Have you played all 3?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

for me IM>SM>TOTAN
totan is pretty but gets so boring after a while
I like both sm and im but I have to give the edge to IM. if I have a great game on Spider-Man l'll be good, but iron man has that one more game feel.

I feel the same. IM is the most exciting, challenging and replayable. SM great pin, less challenging, longer ball times. Totan beautiful collector piece.

#35 4 years ago

I settled on Sm, picking it up this week needed something that was easier for my son. Will post pics. I appreciate all input. This was a tough decision. Very grateful for location play on the other two pins.
Harley D.

#37 4 years ago

Iron Man ... one of the most underwhelming games I have ever played...

#38 4 years ago

Here’s pics of the huo Sm i picked up. Absolutely gorgeous. Time to mod this gem.

7F33463C-6639-4FA5-BF72-A7287B0A7CAF (resized).jpeg7F33463C-6639-4FA5-BF72-A7287B0A7CAF (resized).jpeg849BF876-C3AE-485F-83C7-0976715C3ED2 (resized).jpeg849BF876-C3AE-485F-83C7-0976715C3ED2 (resized).jpegD307563D-197D-4AF4-A727-3195DE700AC8 (resized).jpegD307563D-197D-4AF4-A727-3195DE700AC8 (resized).jpeg
#39 4 years ago

Ironman was always the right answer...!!! ...BUT SM is a great game as well...definitely easier for your son...you guys will enjoy jammin this one together..........Joey

#40 4 years ago

Both games are great games.

IM will make you a better player and it will kick your ass a lot.

#41 4 years ago

good choice! great game and awesome theme, every kid loves spiderman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vs-totan?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.