7%
  • No thank you, I'll stick with Bally/Williams 1 vote
    2%

(58 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Looking for a new pin and I'm having hard time deciding between Spiderman VE and Met Preimum. Which one would you guys go for?
Which one do you think would last longer in home setting? I love both themes so the decision will come down solely based on fun factor and gameplay.

I haven't played the VE spidey but liked the old spiderman but hated the atrocious art package. I think the new comic book direction was the right way to go. Although i think they could've chosen a better version of comic book spidey, it's miles ahead of what it used to be imo.

I've only played met premium and never the pro version. Do you think i would regret getting the pro instead of premium or vise versa?

For both pro and premium met owners, do you regret and getting (pro/premium) instead of (premium/pro) and wish you could (upgrade/downgrade) your machine? Please be honest and don't be bias just because you own certain model. Thanks for your input.

#2 7 years ago

I have owned 2 sm and a met pro. Now i have a met premium and it ain't going anywhere. Sm cool but got old quick. I not a fan of the vault edition because I never got into comic books. That being said met premium monsters is the best looking met out there. Imo

#3 7 years ago

Metallica Premium is soooo much fun.
The art package on it is one of the best I've ever seen. I think the same guy did the Ghostbusters art. Amazing work!
Go with Metallica.

#4 7 years ago

Had a BSM and liked it. Love my MoPLE!!!

BSM long gone...MoPLE will be last to leave!

#5 7 years ago

I have met pro and love it. Never leaving
Just picked up a SMVE recently and it is fun too.

For met i think you really cant go wrong with pro or premium. Just whatever $$$ you want to spend.

I think the art package on both met and spidey are really good, but ill give the nod to met as the translight for SMVE is kinda a miss-step for some.

Code for both is complete. Although id hope for a bit of polish on the SMVE to add backgrounds and stuff like met has.

So i guess id vote met but both are good choices.

#6 7 years ago

Love my metallica pro. It's pretty pumped up with creeping death blades and light rods. Pro is best bang for your buck, but the premium is as usual slightly better. I'm very happy with my pro

#7 7 years ago

Spidey > Medrainica

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Metallica Premium is soooo much fun.
The art package on it is one of the best I've ever seen. I think the same guy did the Ghostbusters art. Amazing work!
Go with Metallica.

Great art packages on both but dirty Donny did Metallica.. Zombie yeti did ghostbusters. Similar styles though.

#9 7 years ago

Can't go wrong with either. Both are incredible games.

#10 7 years ago

Both longer ball times and great games. You can't go wrong with either unless you end up with a defective playfield.

#11 7 years ago

Metallica!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

on it is one of the best I've ever seen. I think the same guy did the Ghostbusters art. Amazing work!

It is amazing work, but Dirty Donny did Metallica and Zombie Yeti did GB.

I voted Met Premium in the pole. It is easily the most played game in my collection right now.

#13 7 years ago

Here's my vote.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from i_b_flippin:

For both pro and premium met owners, do you regret and getting (pro/premium) instead of (premium/pro) and wish you could (upgrade/downgrade) your machine? Please be honest and don't be bias just because you own certain model

I bought the LE day 1. I then bought the pro after about a year. Both were in the house for a few months. I honestly found that while I was playing each of them I was lost inside such a fantastic game that I didn't really notice the feature differences given that I have replicated the GI Lightshow on the pro. I ended up selling the LE. But if someone really likes the hammer, then they might prefer the premium.

#15 7 years ago

Both are great games but I voted for Spider-Man Vault. The more I see of this game the more I want one of my own. I don't know if you've seen Todd Tuckey's video review of SMVE but it's excellent.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-or-2007-tnt-video-shows-differences

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I bought the LE day 1. I then bought the pro after about a year. Both were in the house for a few months. I honestly found that while I was playing each of them I was lost inside such a fantastic game that I didn't really notice the feature differences given that I have replicated the GI Lightshow on the pro. I ended up selling the LE. But if someone really likes the hammer, then they might prefer the premium.

My condolences that you sold your METLE! I made that mistake once, it won't happen again!

1 year later
#17 6 years ago

I'm thinking about one of these games as well. I wanted something with slightly longer ball time, and an achievable (not too easy) wizard mode.

How tough is it to get to the wizard in either game, and how do ball times compare?

Thanks

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm thinking about one of these games as well. I wanted something with slightly longer ball time, and an achievable (not too easy) wizard mode.
How tough is it to get to the wizard in either game, and how do ball times compare?
Thanks

MET is the better game.

Spider-Man is what I’d call a rolling game. You play it, but you’re mostly along for the ride. Individual aspects of the game don’t feel distinctive to me. I also feel they took something away in the VE, and his name is JK Simmons. The best callouts in the original aren’t there in the VE. So the new one left me cold.

On the other hand, MET is a top game by Stern, right up there with their best. It is sort of a chameleon. You can play it a bunch of different ways. You can play a bash fest sort of thing, or you can engage the rules to do really good hurry ups. But as you progress through that, you will eventually hear the bell toll for each of the 4 objectives. And when you have all 4, everything magnifies, because Crank It Up is lit. The rules just work in this game. Super Jackpots are really tough to get, and I’m still after the Jack F’n Pot.

Go for MET.

#19 6 years ago

MET not even a discussion. MET is special and with pinbrowser add the songs you like.... Even if that ends up being MET/GnR. The layout of the two games is basically the same. Not surprised bc same designer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-ve-vs-metallica-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.