5%

(194 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20170520235150 (resized).jpg
IMG_0330 (resized).JPG
IMG_0329 (resized).JPG
12027825_10206309623932450_2151872025688564754_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

SM is a much better pin imo

Xmle is fun, but for my skill level and abilities, I really think SM is the better pin. I owned XM since it was new think around 4 years but never fell in love. It was good not great.

SM is great.

#32 6 years ago

Wow can't have said it better than last few posts.

XMLE has a lot of code but just not coded well. IMO

XMLE is a solid 7
SM is a 9

#59 6 years ago

Too bad nobody loved XMLE when I was trying to sell it twice (same game) first time removed from lack of interest literally no one wanted it unless it was for a stupid trade like XMLE for WPT

Second time I had to give away a super clean loaded XMLE for less than $5000 with color DMD.

No one would touch it. Now if your getting in on the ground floor so to speak buying it at $4900 for an Le maybe you can sell it for not much loss.

IMO all pro XM guys must already have it and everyone else is not interested unless it's a steal deal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's never getting another update, and everything else is too much work. At the end of the day, if you want a Borg game, there are already other great alternatives.

Looks at my collection

Tron
IM
TWD
Met

XMLE (gone)

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

TWD (I prefer pro version) is an awesome game due to Lyman's code. It's simply his best coded game. It's a great game but you need an altered sound package (many around, I have one for the premium). The game does suffer slightly to minor design flaws (pops exit is the biggy) and it's a little too bash fest like Metallica (bash drops, bash prison, bash well walker, bash bicycle girl), it's why I prefer the pro over Prem. It's a better pin than SMVE if you like the theme and layout which both are unique. I'd have one instead of GOT or SMVE but wife and toddlers in house trump the theme
AC/DC is another stellar game. The fun factor isn't as good as SMVE though. I had an AC/DC prem awhile ago, it's both great and frustrating - I didn't find it 'fun' in a small lineup. There's only one wizard mode and it's a grind to get to. But I have recently played the pro and thought it was a blast (more so than my premium); so I am contemplating getting a pro vault back in the lineup.
As for SMVE; you know I used to bash SM. The main reason was the movie theme. The characters, sound package, art package just didn't feel like Spider-Man to me. I hated that package, and you know it. I even owned the original twice trying to look past the movie theme package cause the game is great. My other problem with the game is the easy gameplay and long ball times made it feel repetitious, there was no risk/reward to the multiplier or mode completion rules. The code wasn't deep like LOTR, TSPP, or FGY but ball times were. So Removing center post and adding lighting flippers fixed this in a big way. Now there's that element of risk involved. Ball times are shorter which fit the rules better. I've been to super hero 10 times in the 8 mos I owned it with this setup and have completed it twice. But I still haven't got there with good multipliers. And it's seldom I get battle Royale going with the right multipliers - although I did it the other night and blew BR up for 110mil. Whereas on factory settings, I would just shoot at will with all miltopliers lit beating super hero with ease. It's just more fun and having shorter ball times is welcomed. Add in the new comic vault package with color dmd and the game is a winner in my book.
All in all, I'd rate them TWD (pro) > SMVE > AC/DC. But all 3 are stellar in my book. Pick your poison: TWD = a pros pro game but can be very frustrating at times. SMVE is more casual stress free which is the more fun pin of the 3 and a must with the harder setup. AC/DC least fun of the 3 but has amazing elements and is the fastest but also most brutal. Love all 3 of these pins.

Can you explain multipliers in SM?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why? Awesome call outs by real actors got replaced by horribly written and voiced callouts that almost ruin an amazing game.

This.

I agree with much of Eskaybee except his dislike of SM call outs. JK Simmons custom call outs and Willem DeFoe as well all the other movie clips are fantastic I also like IM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-vs-xmen-magneto-edition?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.