5%

(194 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20170520235150 (resized).jpg
IMG_0330 (resized).JPG
IMG_0329 (resized).JPG
12027825_10206309623932450_2151872025688564754_n (resized).jpg
There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

I already have
-Ghostbusters premium
- Metallica Premium coming

and i have 1 slot for the last piece!

wich one is the better/fun/durable pinball!?

help me please!!!

thanks in advance!

#2 6 years ago

#3 6 years ago

I own a x men pro and a spider Man I say get x men the rules are just much deeper in my opinion and I like the theme more.
But instead of x men le why not get the pro I chosed the pro because it does not have the silly Nightcrawler pop ups and the clunky ice man ramp.

#4 6 years ago

save your money, buy a original Spider-Man!

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Coolpinballdino i like both themes (comic)but that ice man rotorized doesnt like me totally...

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

save your money, buy a original Spider-Man!

i hate, hate, that film. xD

#6 6 years ago

SM is a much better pin imo

Xmle is fun, but for my skill level and abilities, I really think SM is the better pin. I owned XM since it was new think around 4 years but never fell in love. It was good not great.

SM is great.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I own a x men pro and a spider Man I say get x men the rules are just much deeper in my opinion and I like the theme more.
But instead of x men le why not get the pro I chosed the pro because it does not have the silly Nightcrawler pop ups and the clunky ice man ramp.

^^^This. X-Men Pro is solid and you don't lose any gameplay compared to the LE. LE looks really nice, but I would get an XM Pro, save myself $1000+ over the XMLE and $2000+ over the Spiderman Vault.

Both are great games and I wouldn't mind a SM at some point, but XM is difficult to master and that's something I love in a pin for my gameroom.

#8 6 years ago

wow xmen is winning adepts!

#9 6 years ago

Spider-Man all day. With the new movie already out, I think people will definitely play it, certainly more than X-men.

#10 6 years ago

XMen is possibly the most under rated Stern ever, mostly because it had bad code for a very long time (that problem has been addressed and the code is great now).

XMen LE (either version) is really some of the best artwork on any Stern. The backglass (on either version) is the best real backglass Stern has ever made. The art package is great. The dots are great. The custom music is great. The game is loaded with toys that interact with the ball. There are a ton of shots (its an inverted Tron with an extra shot). The theme intigration is perfect.

I'm not knocking SM by any means, but XMen LE is an amazing game on every level.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from kiosh:

Thanks coolpinballdino i like both themes (comic)but that ice man rotorized doesnt like me totally...

i hate, hate, that film. xD

Then you must really hate the Andrew Garfield ones. Thank god SMVE wasn't based on those.

#12 6 years ago

Stern nailed it with the new Spider-Man Vault. Art, Call Outs, Sound, DMD.... It really feels like Spider-Man now! My problem with SM in general though has been the easy gameplay + long ball times; however, removing the center drain save post helped with this considerably and I even went a step further and swapped the flipper bats with lightning flippers. This setup allowed me to keep outlanes on factory and there is a real synergy with the ruleset with this setup.

Xmen is a fun fun shooting pin. The call outs though are horrible; they sound bad and are choreographed poorly. The multiballs, for the most part, also feel unfinished and unpolished. Danger Zone, however, is a really sweet sweet mini wizard mode. Overall, the game shoots great and every shot feels great to hit, rules are messy but good. Overall it's a solid average machine, But SM (especially the vault) is a much much better pin.

I agree with some of the others in that if you do go XMEN, go pro.

SMVE is the real deal though and gets my vote, needs a color dmd for sure! It's one of the better colorized dmd's out there.

#13 6 years ago

i wish i have near this two pins for testing and decide (i live in Spain)

#14 6 years ago

I have owned SM twice. Original and VE. I own X-Men LE.

SM is a great pin. In many ways it could be one of the greatest machines out there. It is a cold, soulless, unfunny, clinical piece of pinball academic perfection.

As Tiger said, X-Men is the single most underrated machine on the planet. Shots are all sweet. The LE is LOADED. The art and backglass are gorgeous.

SOME of the callouts are bad. SOME. And the bad ones are terrible, BUT it's NOT ALL of the callouts. Magneto (I've captured another baaawwl! hilarious), Xavier, Deadpool, Wolvie, the Villians, Nightcrawler (Hey, you pulled my tail, man!) etc are GREAT. Beast, Storm and Rogue suck. On balance, the MINORITY of callouts are bad.

X-Men is FUN, all day.

#15 6 years ago

OMG 21 spm
19 X-men

maaaaan this is hard to believe! xD

#16 6 years ago

ColorDMD released color ROM for SM, SMVE and XMEN. You can't go wrong with any of them.

#17 6 years ago

This is a easy one, XMen Le all day.

#18 6 years ago

Spiderman vault is the best for reliability and my personal favorite but I will say Xmen is a great game also.I'm in the middle of a deal to buy an le magneto so I'll have both by the end of the month!

#19 6 years ago

I have owned Sm ( original red version) twice and it is a really cool game that I will one day own again. I prefer the original SM over the vault by a mile, although the vault does have excellent animations in the display that are superior to the original.

I have also owned X-men pro which I sold and regretted but once I got a chance to buy a 2nd hand Xmen LE I jumped on it and it will never leave. X-men LE is one of my favourite games ever made and as others have said it is highly underrated.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

XMen is possibly the most under rated Stern ever

This-^^^^

I own both and Xmen stays long term... SM is one of my favorites too. But Xmen is more challenging and has deeper code.

#21 6 years ago

We've got a tied ball game here folks. Each game sitting on 22 votes.

#22 6 years ago

X-Men has a lot of great toys and unique code. SM is a much better game though. I've owned both and not everything comes together on X-Men. Buy the original SM if you want value, buy a ve if you dislike the movies.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We've got a tied ball game here folks. Each game sitting on 22 votes.

Not any more...

12027825_10206309623932450_2151872025688564754_n (resized).jpg12027825_10206309623932450_2151872025688564754_n (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago

I'm shocked. I thought Spider-Man was going to walk away with it on this poll.

#25 6 years ago

Played both extensively and I'm looking for an XMEN LE in near future.
So theres that.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm shocked. I thought Spider-Man was going to walk away with it on this poll.

A lot of people these days hate X-Men because they think they should.

#27 6 years ago

My and TigerLaw's XMen:

IMG_0330 (resized).JPGIMG_0330 (resized).JPGIMG_0329 (resized).JPGIMG_0329 (resized).JPG

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

My and TigerLaw's XMen:

*SNIKT* indeed!!

#29 6 years ago

Xmen is great, but good luck selling it. Crickets.

I don't buy into the underated game stuff if you are comparing a good game to a better game. Like Xmen is a darkhorse pin that is going to suprise the pinball world tomorrow and go up in demand and value? Cmon folks!

Games are rated, wishlisted, and highly valued by many for a reason. SM is great. Get that and when you are ready to sell then you can sell it. Better game. Plain and simple.

#30 6 years ago

I voted Other: I'd take a TWD pro over either

#31 6 years ago

Xmen blows. Those saying it has deep code don't understand deep code. It has lots of content, but no depth. Just lots of stuff to slog through, but no real point to any of it - none of it connects.

Spider-Man is Lyman shooting on all cylinders & a great Ritchie design. I prefer the orig Spidey, but it's the same game more or less.

#32 6 years ago

Wow can't have said it better than last few posts.

XMLE has a lot of code but just not coded well. IMO

XMLE is a solid 7
SM is a 9

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Like Xmen is a darkhorse pin that is going to suprise the pinball world

Pretty much, yep.

#34 6 years ago

New option for you. Sell gb premium before the price drops, buy smve and xmen pro.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Xmen blows. Those saying it has deep code don't understand deep code. It has lots of content, but no depth. Just lots of stuff to slog through, but no real point to any of it - none of it connects.
Spider-Man is Lyman shooting on all cylinders & a great Ritchie design. I prefer the orig Spidey, but it's the same game more or less.

Listen to this man. I agree 100% with Rarehero.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wow can't have said it better than last few posts.
XMLE has a lot of code but just not coded well. IMO
XMLE is a solid 7
SM is a 9

I disagree... While I won't go as far as to say XM code is better than SM code, because Lyman, but in relative terms SM feels like more of a linear game than XM. I also see XM having more staying power in most collections. I know quite a few people who have bought and sold SM multiple times, which says a lot for the game to re-buy it, but it also speaks against it's staying power.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

none of it connects

Not strictly "none" of it, Greg. For example, the avoidance of starting Magneto MB before you get all the heroes started, in order to get massive jackpots. Yes, I might be digging deep for a connection, and yes, there are better examples of "depth" out there, but poor old X-Men is not totally devoid of good stuff.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I disagree... While I won't go as far as to say XM code is better than SM code, because Lyman, but in relative terms SM feels like more of a linear game than XM. I also see XM having more staying power in most collections. I know quite a few people who have bought and sold SM multiple times, which says a lot for the game to re-buy it, but it also speaks against it's staying power.

I completely agree with this.
Also with owning both games I can say I play my x men ten times more than I play my spider Man.

#40 6 years ago

I bought my SM (red) in October 2016. It now has 580 games played on it.
I sold my Xmen LE 6 weeks ago, last code up date was 3/29/2014 , it had 525 games on it in 3 years.

Some food for thought for the OP

#41 6 years ago

I'd LOVE a Magneto, possibly just because it's so damn pretty, but I think SM (only own & played original, not VE) is one of the best games of the 2000-2010 period. Just consistently excellent in all aspects, and Stern recognised this, so it was no great surprise they VE'd it.

It's probably my favourite game, on balance, and I'm not the type to revise their "best game eva!!!" on a weekly basis. (Previously it was AFM for years, and it could still change to Metallica in the not so distant future, but not without a few more months of serious consideration).

#42 6 years ago

friends, THANKS TO ALL, im having a funny day due this poll ^^
love all your comments, some of them very useful

42 VOTES TIE ATM!

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Xmen is great, but good luck selling it. Crickets.
I don't buy into the underated game stuff if you are comparing a good game to a better game. Like Xmen is a darkhorse pin that is going to suprise the pinball world tomorrow and go up in demand and value? Cmon folks!
Games are rated, wishlisted, and highly valued by many for a reason. SM is great. Get that and when you are ready to sell then you can sell it. Better game. Plain and simple.

Not so sure about that. I received PM's immediately upon buying my heavily modded Xmle to contact them when I decide to sell. Maybe so though For more standard examples.

#44 6 years ago

I had a xmen wolverine for 4 years, which I sold for a spiderman vault 1 month ago

The 2 games are fentastic

Impossible for me to say which is the best
The 2 are super game
Whatever your choice, you will not be disappointed

The xmen to shots rather difficult, by cons the rules of the game are very deep

The spiderman has very easy shots, and simpler rules

Must have the 2

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Not so sure about that. I received PM's immediately upon buying my heavily modded Xmle to contact them when I decide to sell. Maybe so though For more standard examples.

That's a beautiful game, but to be fair it's been passed around like a joint at a Willie Nelson concert. It was my game on 2 different occasions. There's a reason it keeps getting sold.

#46 6 years ago

Both awesome games, art work on all 3 xmen versions is fantastic, same goes for the Spider-Man vault, I would look for a nice xmen pro an use the leftover cash to put towards a Spider-Man later down the track, so u can have the best of both worlds later on.

#47 6 years ago

Xmen Magneto....no contest.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I know. I was there when it was picked up by my friend from a friend from AL and then it started going around a little. It is a very sweet looking game. A good playing game also.

#49 6 years ago

I own both a SMVE and XMLE (Wolverine). They both get a lot a play from the casual players that come by. For the more than casual, but still not great player (that's me), XMLE is tougher. It's more like Iron-Man in that regard. You really have to make shots at the right time. It requires you to pass the ball between flippers. It made me a better player. Spider-Man VE has a great vibe and flow, but it tends to unfold more or less the same way each time. There's a great attainable wizard mode not too far in, Battle Royal. XM on the other hand, can play differently depending on what modes you choose to start. I'd say it's more wide than deep. Other than the two wizard modes, you can pretty much play whichever modes you want from near the beginning. That helps keep it fresh. I have to disagree with some of the previous posts about the pro vrs the LE. I prefer the LE. The extra toys make it a harder game. Some flow is sacrificed for it, but it's worth it. The toys are also a draw for guests at the house. The few poor call outs in XM don't bother me any more. The code could benefit from a last polishing pass. But we're not going to get it, and it doesn't stop it from being a great game. SM has great code, I love the VE package.

I'm struggling to make a vote here. It depends on what your looking for. I'm not very familiar with the games you have. So I can't comment on which would give you more variety. XMLE if it's for the pinhead in you, plus you'd save a few bucks. SMVE if it's for wide appeal.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I own both a SMVE and XMLE (Wolverine). They both get a lot a play from the casual players that come by. For the more than casual, but still not great player (that's me), XMLE is tougher. It's more like Iron-Man in that regard. You really have to make shots at the right time. It requires you to pass the ball between flippers. It made me a better player. Spider-Man VE has a great vibe and flow, but it tends to unfold more or less the same way each time. There's a great attainable wizard mode not too far in, Battle Royal. XM on the other hand, can play differently depending on what modes you choose to start. I'd say it's more wide than deep. Other than the two wizard modes, you can pretty much play whichever modes you want from near the beginning. That helps keep it fresh. I have to disagree with some of the previous posts about the pro vrs the LE. I prefer the LE. The extra toys make it a harder game. Some flow is sacrificed for it, but it's worth it. The toys are also a draw for guests at the house. The few poor call outs in XM don't bother me any more. The code could benefit from a last polishing pass. But we're not going to get it, and it doesn't stop it from being a great game. SM has great code, I love the VE package.
I'm struggling to make a vote here. It depends on what your looking for. I'm not very familiar with the games you have. So I can't comment on which would give you more variety. XMLE if it's for the pinhead in you, plus you'd save a few bucks. SMVE if it's for wide appeal.

thanks for your words! im really a total noob at this yet. My friend nonik tell me to hunt a Walking dead but is too hard for me and maybe a medieval remake but is at 11000$ here in Spain.
Spiderman Vault and Xmen mag. are 8000 vs 7500$ here in Spain.

thats my situation now ^^

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-vs-xmen-magneto-edition?hl=brian541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.