Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Just_unloaded_top_view_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

Who has placed and order and what made you choose to pull the trigger so to speak

I am in

#2 8 years ago

If it had the old school comic book art I woulda been more apt to buy.

Should've had the old art from the early days. Romita, etc.

IMO, they blew it.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If it had the old school comic book art I woulda been more apt to buy.
Should've had the old art from the early days. Romita, etc.
IMO, they blew it.

Uh, the question wasn't about why you DIDN'T buy one.

#4 8 years ago

Pass, for now.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Uh, the question wasn't about why you DIDN'T buy one.

Uh, eat me.

#6 8 years ago

Too much money, stern blew it.

#7 8 years ago

Hello. Congrats on ordering one but I didn't, and I was never going to actually. Oh sorry that isn't what you asked? I'm a typical pinside douchbag and don't know how to read.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Too much money, stern blew it.

indeed to high for what it is

#9 8 years ago

Let me guess, everyone hates the price

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm a typical pinside douchbag .

Correct.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Let me guess, everyone hates the price

Wrong, any original owner loves the price.

#12 8 years ago

I couldnt help it, wanted a spidey, would rather have new then 8-10 year old one.

#13 8 years ago

I wanted a spiderman, and the only thing I didn't care for was the movie license.

#14 8 years ago

I think it's awesome... yeah classic spiderman would be a plus.... the price is a barrier right now.

#15 8 years ago

Have you guys seen the video that plays the spidey music at the end with the synced in flashing lights ? Really cool

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Have you guys seen the video that plays the spidey music at the end with the synced in flashing lights ? Really cool

2007 Version does the exact same thing.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I couldnt help it, wanted a spidey, would rather have new then 8-10 year old one.

No need to sound like you're apologizing. From what I hear they've already sold what they were hoping to, so the game is a success.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

» YouTube video

True but I like my 2015 Nissans better than my 2012"S and that's only a 3 year span. Some games are classics but some things just get better with new technology. I love the artwork package on it and am glad to get a nib

#20 8 years ago

Own It, wish I could pull the trigger on this one.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wrong, any original owner loves the price.

Best line I heard all year!

#22 8 years ago

Why do they love the price? Seriously (no sarcasm I promise) ??

#23 8 years ago

Why do they love the price? Seriously (no sarcasm I promise) ??

Because if they priced it as a Pro, the existing SMs would lose a lot of its resale value. Can you imagine someone trying to sell a 2007 machine with 1000 plays for $5k when a brand new one with upgrades, NIB delivered to your door for $4800?

#24 8 years ago

Can't wait for orders to arrive. Spider-Man was a hit each time, just like Ironman in the pic above. Thanks for the orders so far.

Just_unloaded_top_view_(resized).JPGJust_unloaded_top_view_(resized).JPG

#25 8 years ago

Dang Buddy, good luck with that.

#26 8 years ago

have never seen the old music thing. Really cool. Makes me even more sad that I am not getting a smve- just can't justify the price. Looking for a new machine but would probably go st pro (more likely) or Metallica pro (played it once, loved it, want to try again and make sure)

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

have never seen the old music thing. Really cool. Makes me even more sad that I am not getting a smve- just can't justify the price. Looking for a new machine but would probably go st pro (more likely) or Metallica pro (played it once, loved it, want to try again and make sure)

Why would you be sad, it's not even close to being worth it.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from jchiu:

Because if they priced it as a Pro, the existing SMs would lose a lot of its resale value. Can you imagine someone trying to sell a 2007 machine with 1000 plays for $5k when a brand new one with upgrades, NIB delivered to your door for $4800?

ohhhhhh duh, thanks. I should have been able to figure that out lol

#29 8 years ago

ohhhhhh duh, thanks. I should have been able to figure that out lol

Well then jump on it. Be in the top 100 class

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well then jump on it. Be in the top 100 class

Are you following me lol

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Met pro is very nice, you could add a shaker, color armor, color DMD, total light mod and assorted other mods and still be safely under $6600.

I was hesitant due to not loving Met theme, but if you like their music even a little bit the pin is awesome.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Can't wait for orders to arrive. Spider-Man was a hit each time, just like Ironman in the pic above. Thanks for the orders so far.

Good luck man.

The distribution model is so weird to me, to be honest. Stern can claim they sold out of Spider-Man VE's first run, but that doesn't mean people bought them all, just that the distributors did.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Get Metallica! I've owned both games. Well METLE and Star Trek Premium. Metallica is never leaving unless I bail on the hobby all together. Star Trek is long gone and not missed.

Not everyone will agree of course, but to me Met is the far superior game, one of Stern's best, and way more compelling that Star Trek, which starts to feel pointless to play after a while. Expert players might enjoy the scoring strategies, but to everyone else all the modes feel exactly the same and it turns into a bore fest.

#34 8 years ago

I am kind of surprised its coming with shaker

#35 8 years ago

I am kind of surprised its coming with shaker

Shocker

2 weeks later
#36 8 years ago

What is a realistic going price for a SMVE? I haven't bought a new Stern since Jack G sold them.

#37 8 years ago

I bought one.

I prefer the cartoon over the Toby movies. If the VE, were based on the Toby movies, I would've passed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 25.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 25.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-preoder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.