SPIDERMAN VAULT or 2007? -TNT Video shows differences

By toddtuckey

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just got one of the new Spiderman Vault editions in...and I made this video showing all the differences between it and the original 2007 release! What do you think? Todd

#2 7 years ago

Another Classic video!

#3 7 years ago

A great video!
And compulsory viewing for all the skeptics who posted here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rate-spiderman-ve-for-top-100

#4 7 years ago

I still prefer the original.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Just got one of the new Spiderman Vault editions in...and I made this video showing all the differences between it and the original 2007 release! What do you think? Todd » YouTube video

I've never met you Todd but I've seen tons of your videos. They're fantastic! Keep up the great work and thanks!

#6 7 years ago

Nice video! I hear a buzzing sound everytime the left flipper button is pressed?

#7 7 years ago

Because the glass is off.

#8 7 years ago

Great video! Still having fun with my Sorcerer!

#9 7 years ago

Todd

Your the only reason I still have Internet

#10 7 years ago

Ha yeah, you gotta love the Todd Tucky videos. I have a 2007 Spider-Man. There is a lot of differences between this and the Vault Edition. Namely sounds, callouts,and dmd effects. I could easily turn it into a vault Edition by installing the VE code but I prefer the Spider-Man movie themed version. Both are extremely awesome.

I'm editing this because I wasn't aware of the fact you can exchange the codes between 2007 and the newer Vault Edition. Thanks for the input guys thank you Todd!

#11 7 years ago

Yay, another TNT video! Inb4stupidroofcomment

#12 7 years ago

Who the hell would throw pinball machines off a roof.....the humanity..!!!....... Joey

#13 7 years ago

Love his videos! Thanks Todd!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Ha yeah, you gotta love the Todd Tucky videos. I have a 2007 Spider-Man. There is a lot of differences between this and the Vault Edition. Namely sounds, callouts,and dmd effects. I could easily turn it into a vault Edition by installing the VE code but I prefer the Spider-Man movie themed version. Both are extremely awesome.

From what I understand, code isn't compatible between the two

#15 7 years ago

YES! You CANNOT put the original code on a VAULT....BEWARE! The Vault is running a later board system and will NOT run the old code! And thank all of you for your kind comments about the video...Tammy and I had fun making it on Sunday (About 5 hours of work this past Sunday, plus the footage with my wife filmed two days before which as another 2 hours). These videos do take time to make, but we have fun making them! Todd

#16 7 years ago

TandT,
I always like the background noises and shop scenes in the videos. The editing,slapstick humor,details on machines and trivia always draws me in to watch another episode. Enjoy your chocolate!

#17 7 years ago

Probably a dumb question, but if they're using a newer revision of hardware to run an updated software revision, why aren't they just using the new spike system?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Probably a dumb question, but if they're using a newer revision of hardware to run an updated software revision, why aren't they just using the new spike system?

Cuz at the end of the day, it's still SAM code...it's the same code as the original, same logic, same music and sound FX...just animation and voices swapped out. Probably easier to just do that on its native platform than porting it to Spike.

#19 7 years ago

This Video just made me think.. the original had 3 levels of brightness for the villain inserts. As you defeat each villain the light gets brighter. Does that happen with the VE LED's?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

This Video just made me think.. the original had 3 levels of brightness for the villain inserts. As you defeat each villain the light gets brighter. Does that happen with the VE LED's?

Not that I've noticed. They're always super bright.

#21 7 years ago

Can you put the VE code in the original?

#23 7 years ago

Another great video. If i were still on the fence for getting smve. Id be getting one now

#24 7 years ago

Great video Todd. Your stuff is always fun to watch.

#25 7 years ago

great to see Stern kept the ANNOYING flipper hum!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

The white arrow inserts stay partially lit to show multipliers on the original too but I haven't watched or played a VE enough to know how they handle that.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

It can be fixed. You loosen and tighten the coil stop (may have to engage the flipper with it a little loose). I've fixed two buzzing flippers on my ST and the noise hasn't returned.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

It can be fixed. You loosen and tighten the coil stop (may have to engage the flipper with it a little loose). I've fixed two buzzing flippers on my ST and the noise hasn't returned.

should be fixed from factory though don't you think?

#29 7 years ago

I noticed a few of the playfield inserts are not lighting in attract mode...... oh I now see it was fixed...

Rob

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

should be fixed from factory though don't you think?

Hundreds and hundreds of these machines are hand assembled. Statistics guarantee that some will buzz. Just like some connectors will work loose and some light sockets will fall out. Hand assembly. Guys with screwdrivers and air wrenches. This is not Toyota, nor will it ever be or should be.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Hundreds and hundreds of these machines are hand assembled. Statistics guarantee that some will buzz. Just like some connectors will work loose and some light sockets will fall out. Hand assembly. Guys with screwdrivers and air wrenches. This is not Toyota, nor will it ever be or should be.

disagree, it can be easily worked into the same QC process that is meant to identify decal defects.

#32 7 years ago

Has Spike eliminated the flipper coil hum/buzz somehow?

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

disagree, it can be easily worked into the same QC process that is meant to identify decal defects.

How do you know that? Maybe they could do something, but "easily"? If it was easy they would do it, no? You can want whatever you want, but you can't have your own reality in which guys with screwdrivers AREN'T putting these things together. A manufacturer doesn't WANT things to not be perfect, they just have to balance wants and desires with what is achievable in reality.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Is there a YT vid on how this is done?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

My SMVE has no hum. My Metallica pro had a really bad left flipper hum, like the video. I tried a bunch of things without completely eliminating the noise until I replaced the backstop. No more hum. It's vibration in the stop that causes it. I think my factory stop just had a loose (rivit?) whatever that is on the back of the stop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-or-2007-tnt-video-shows-differences and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.