By IBARAKURO

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do I make the right choice by taking the spiderman vault?”

• Yes, for sure ... spiderman is in super game, even better when it is new .. 59 votes
    53%
  • You better find the 2007 version ... it will be cheaper 27 votes
    24%
  • You should take another game ... for example a ghostbuster pro or a game of trones pro 5 votes
    5%
  • You should wait for the star wars pro or premium 3 votes
    3%
  • You should take a dialed in 9 votes
    8%
  • You should take an attack from mars rerun 8 votes
    7%

(111 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4007 (resized).JPG
IMG_4006 (resized).JPG
IMG_4005 (resized).JPG
IMG_4004 (resized).JPG
IMG_0637 (resized).JPG
IMG_0636 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Hi,

After having kept my x-men wolverine 4 years, I sold it yesterday (with regret)

I will take instead a spiderman vault

Can owners of the spiderman vault tell me if they are happy?

Are there any problems with the playfield as with the ghostbuster?

I found a seller pro who makes me a good price ... I can not wait to have it at home ...

IMG_0636 (resized).JPGIMG_0636 (resized).JPG

IMG_0637 (resized).JPGIMG_0637 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Hi,
After having kept my x-men wolverine 4 years, I sold it yesterday (with regret)
I will take instead a spiderman vault
Can owners of the spiderman vault tell me if they are happy?
Are there any problems with the playfield as with the ghostbuster?
I found a seller pro who makes me a good price ... I hate to have it at home ...

SMVE had ghosting issues like GB did, but those issues seem to have been rectified. Most of the complaints about SMVE have been that the game has be done before and people want something fresher. If you are not in this mindset, SMVE is a good game to have.

#3 6 years ago

ben wai, moi aussi j'aimerais bien un SMVE (sans ghosting bien sur)

#5 6 years ago

Very fun game.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ben wai, moi aussi j'aimerais bien un SMVE (sans ghosting bien sur)

Hello man

#7 6 years ago

Got to remember this is an International website. The following is what was translated.

Me too I would like a Spider-Man Vault Edition without ghosting of course.

I personally prefer the earlier version of Spider-Man the call-outs are different the visuals are different and it plays from the theme referenced from the movies. If you liked your Wolverine X-Men a lot you'll probably like the Vault Edition it's cartoony with the call outs and the comic characters not the movie characters.

#8 6 years ago

Best mod ever for SMVE is a ColorDMD. Check out the video preview on the webpage.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-spider-man-ve-pinball-machine/

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

If you liked your Wolverine X-Men a lot you'll probably like the Vault Edition it's cartoony with the call outs and the comic characters not the movie characters.

Yes, I love the new animations, I find them great ... for me it is better than the original (personal opinion)

Do we know the number of copies produced?

#10 6 years ago

I think SMVE is a great game. Owned both and prefer it over the original. Obviously both great, but SMVE has some pretty nice upgrades. Agree that a Color DMD is a must and get a piece of Stern HD glass too. Both great upgrades.

With that said my PF was really quite bad with ghosting out of the box. I took pictures sent them to Stern and was approved for a replacement playfield.

Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Not sure, but I imagine pretty low. Biggest reason is the MSRP when an original can be had for considerably less.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Yes, I love the new animations, I find them great ... for me it is better than the original (personal opinion)

The game is based on Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. My son watches it. I prefer it over the original by far because of this. Game isnt anywhere near as deep coded as Xmen though. Xmen has more strategy and just more overall to do then SM. SM shoots alot better then Xmen though, at least better then the LE versions of Xmen.

#12 6 years ago

SMVE is pretty bad ass. Color dmd is a must must must, dots are crazy good but must must must be in color

I owned the original twice but just couldn't get past the movie theme, call outs, art, dots. Vault fixes all that and more.

Game Is easier than XMEN but has more breadth in the rules and scoring. I suggest removing the center drain post to help level out the rules vs difficulty.

Summer 2016 builds seemed to be the culprit of ghosting issues. Mines a NOV 2016 build with no real playfield or cabinet issues so if you buy new, shoot for a late 2016 or 2017 build.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Game isnt anywhere near as deep coded as Xmen though. Xmen has more strategy and just more overall to do then SM. SM shoots alot better then Xmen though, at least better then the LE versions of Xmen.

I agree with you,
For me, the rules of xmen are as complex as the rules of the Lord.
I loved having the xmen.
Its fault, it is the shots that are sometimes difficult to succeed (beast, iceman, storm ...)
For the buddies who come to my house, the rules are too complex ...
On the other hand when you understand them, it is a great game for good players
I kept it 4 years, it's time for me to change ... I can not afford to keep all my games (unfortunately)

#14 6 years ago

This one could not be simpler.

SMVE is a good game, if you liked Spiderman before.
If you did not like Spiderman before, the changes will not make you change your mind.

My opinion: Spidey is one of Stern's best and deepest...if not hardest...titles yet.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

SMVE is a good game, if you liked Spiderman before.

I love the original spiderman

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

...if not hardest...

you're not serious !?
this game is quite easy from factory, surelly to much easy in a home use

last time we get a SM at the DPO tournament in Netherlands, they've removed not only the center post, but also the 2 posts at the outlanes (than understand me, not open at max, completly removed !)

#17 6 years ago

Not sure if you've seen this, but it may help aid your decision:

(Todd Tuckey comparing original and VE)

#18 6 years ago

I love the game, probably my favorite of the Stern titles I have/had. Mine has ghosting and I've been told I'm on the list for replacement playfield.

I enjoy playing it all the time, love the rules.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you're not serious !?
last time we get a SM at the DPO tournament in Netherlands, they've removed not only the center post, but also the 2 posts at the outlanes (than understand me, not open at max, completly removed !)

Adjusting the difficulty for a game is not complicated ...
there are plenty of parameters that can be adjusted: slope, outlanes, duration of the saveball, obtaining extraballs ...

Each one adjusts as he likes, and that is what is good ... all my games are perfectly adjusted ... for me

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Not sure if you've seen this, but it may help aid your decision:
(Todd Tuckey comparing original and VE)

Yes great video...

Another very good also

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Adjusting the difficulty for a game is not complicated ...

i know

but saying SM could be the hardest STERN pinball... heu...

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i know
but saying SM could be the hardest STERN pinball... heu...

Yes, I also find that it is one of the easiest to play (I do not say easy to finish) ... but it also comes from the awesome flow

#23 6 years ago

of course, great game for sure, nice code & flow
again, if i could, would get one with no doubt

#24 6 years ago

I like original much better. disappointed in this remake,but still a great game

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25 6 years ago

I find the new animations very beautiful

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Yes great video...
Another very good also
» YouTube video

That's my machine in the video.

PinballSuperNova does a great job filming fixes, mods and unboxings.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That's my machine in the video.
PinballSuperNova does a great job filming fixes, mods and unboxings.

Are you happy with your spiderman ?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Are you happy with your spiderman ?

I love the machine!

#29 6 years ago

I found a spiderman vault HUO ... I hope to have it next week

#30 6 years ago

Congrats on getting SM!

SMVE is my favorite game.

Great flow. Ramps are buttery. Venom shot it satisfying and gives you 2 seconds to celebrate after hitting it compared to the quick flipping during the wrap shot on St. Wrap shot is fun, but I like Venom better. Love the AFM shot up the middle.

I feel Color dmd is one of the best out there. Xmen is really good also. I played TWD again last weekend and really liked that on also.

Long ball times but the game is so fun I don't want it to end. Enjoy it!

#31 6 years ago

Sorry can't say about the vault, but SM is a great game. I owned red one for 18 months sold to get Tspp. But after 18 months I got SM back in my collection and really like it. Particularly because its rules are so easy, and I can get 70-90% of the way to BR on almost every game but only make it there except like 5% so there is always some tense moments where I'm on the edge and need to complete one mode or another. It's got a good balance of easy and hard to the rules.

That aspect reminds me of Tron in that it's simple to do yet hard (for me) to get to SOS and I've yet to be to Portal (or SH on Spiderman).

The rules and call outs make the game great. I'm not sure vault since the call outs are different but the dmd display animations are way better on the vault. I kind of dig the old game because of the movie quotes and the major actors like Willem DeFoe and JK Simmons etc.. the vault voices seems like XM voice actors which I was ok with, but give me movie quotes like IM, Tron, and SM when done right.

I'd prefer the vault being new and better lit, but I happened to find a old SM that was in 99% shape so the only thing I really need to work on is the LEDs. It was done by the prior owner but cheap old LEDs so I need to work on getting them all replaced.

Color DMD is great too, the main reason I sold the old SM was because the DMD was so bad before the color DMD was released.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you're not serious !?

You misunderstood...or I wrote it up wrong.
Spidey is a bit too easy was what I meant-

#33 6 years ago

Even the representation of the character figurines take after the comic. Venom looks so much more badass on the Vault Edition.

#34 6 years ago

Love this game! Get the color dmd and play the hell out of it....

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

You misunderstood...or I wrote it up wrong.
Spidey is a bit too easy was what I meant-

yep, i see/read it your way now... (english not my native language sry)
and than we agree

#36 6 years ago

What system did Stern use for Vault Spidey? Just trying to figure out if I can use pinball browser with a USB?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What system did Stern use for Vault Spidey? Just trying to figure out if I can use pinball browser with a USB?

SAM. So Yea you can pinball browser it.

2 weeks later
#38 6 years ago

he arrived

IMG_4004 (resized).JPGIMG_4004 (resized).JPG
IMG_4005 (resized).JPGIMG_4005 (resized).JPG
IMG_4006 (resized).JPGIMG_4006 (resized).JPG
IMG_4007 (resized).JPGIMG_4007 (resized).JPG

#39 6 years ago

Not good. Great!

Congrats! Enjoy!

#40 6 years ago

Congrats. ColorDMD on order already?

#41 6 years ago

I do not know if I will take the COLORDMD. I like the original dmd

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I like the original dmd

Until you see the ColorDMD for the vault edition. One of the best colored displays done yet in my opinion.

#43 6 years ago

You mean these videos in color do not excite you at all?

#44 6 years ago

I have the color dmd and SMVE has to be one of the best. Great mod you can move from game to game anyway. Get one.

#45 6 years ago

yes please, put a color DMD in it ! as i really want this mod when later, i'll buy your pin...

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes please, put a color DMD in it ! as i really want this mod when later, i'll buy your pin...

Ahaha... it's a good reason , yes

#47 6 years ago

Ok for colordmd

LED or LCD model ?

6 months later
#48 6 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

Ok for colordmd
LED or LCD model ?

I’m putting the LED in mine.

Did you ever choose?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-good-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.