(Topic ID: 266536)

Spiderman Vault Code Change

By Puckstop

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have an opportunity to purchase a SM vault. However I really prefer the call outs from the ‘07. Can I simply change the code to the original? Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance.

#2 4 years ago

If no one here knows, please check with Stern tech support.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

It's definitely not as easy as just installing the code. Someone was working on exactly this at one point, I'm not sure if it was completed.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I’ll contact Stern.

#5 4 years ago

I believe it's different code entirely, I am just keeping an eye here in case someone has done a swap of the callouts.

Anyway the scenes would be different (I assume) like Bonesaw (is that even in the vault?). I think likely you'd need to get a hybrid with most of the vault code but with some call outs snipped in to the vault edition.

#6 4 years ago

No, you can not run SMVE code on SM or vice versa.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from zene10:

No, you can not run SMVE code on SM or vice versa.

That's weird. You can run Family Guy on Shrek and vice versa. Wonder what stops the SM and SMVE from being swappable.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Wonder what stops the SM and SMVE from being swappable.

For starters, the lighting went to LED in the VE, and GG doesn't have a movement mech. Perhaps sounds and animations aren't a 1-to-1 replacement either. Then there's the 100 other things I'm too stupid to understand in coding that can all be factors.

#9 4 years ago

SAM boards were updated. VE runs on the revised boards.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That's weird. You can run Family Guy on Shrek and vice versa. Wonder what stops the SM and SMVE from being swappable.

Family Guy and Shrek were the exact same board set and hardware reskinned. I've played a FG with Shrek loaded. Strange experience.

I don't recall exactly, but one factor may be that SMVE and SM have different memory requirements.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks guys. Hopefully a red or black one will show up... we’ve had 2 - ‘07’s. Should have kept one. Not interested in shipping and lately they’ve been 8+ hours away

3 months later
    #12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

It's definitely not as easy as just installing the code. Someone was working on exactly this at one point, I'm not sure if it was completed.

You have more info? I will try it the other way, VE code on old spiderman. But I have no idea, if this will be possible without changing the CPU board.

#13 3 years ago

There was someone working with Pinball Browser to swap the callouts on the Vault code, but if I recall it was put on hiatus and never finished. It would have to be done that way.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-vault-code-change and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.