(Topic ID: 25187)

Spiderman, to shake or not to shake, that is the question! (poll)

By ThePostmaster

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by VisitorQ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should I install a shaker motor in my Spiderman?”

• Yes, it makes the game much better! 52 votes
      79%
    • No, it's a waste of money, put mirror blades on instead. 3 votes
      5%
    • What a stupid question 4 votes
      6%
    • Who cares, really 7 votes
      11%

(66 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

O.K. Here is your scenario. You just got a Spiderman, played a couple games, and like it. It didn't come with the game. Do you install one, or leave it. Please leave comments on what you think.

Would like to hear from SM owners who have put Shaker motors. Goes it change game play? Makes it more fun, or just shakes the machine.

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

By All Mean's .. You NEED a Shaker !!! For $ 175.00 You can't go Wrong .. SM is Pre wired for it..

#3 11 years ago

Salt and pepper need shakers, not pinball machines.

Think their ridiculous, but I know other people swear by them. SM is an amazing game the way it is.

#4 11 years ago

Shake shake shake that body!!

#5 11 years ago

I played it both ways and prefer no shaker.Scott

#6 11 years ago

To me shakers are becoming standard for new pinball machines.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I played it both ways and prefer no shaker.Scott

Thanks Jack of D.

This is the type of feedback I'm after.

Keep the comments coming guys!

#8 11 years ago

love the shakers Gladiators has one, but it shakes so freaking hard, people down stairs thought it was a jack hammer....makes the game fun!

#9 11 years ago

NV, have to stop by so we can play some Spidey. Did the Tales get traded? I would buy it, if it's for sale.

#10 11 years ago

A shaker and Sub woofer with sound turned up and 2.6 game code makes for a fantastic experience on SM!!!

#11 11 years ago

I voted shaker but....it is not needed to enjoy the game. It is just a fantastic pin without ANY mods.

#12 11 years ago

I've played mine both ways too, and I find the shaker really adds to the game. It's mostly for the Sandman hits, but they implemented it very well. It really feels like you're smashing him and doing some serious damage!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Thanks Jack of D.
    This is the type of feedback I'm after.
    Keep the comments coming guys!

I own it and played it both ways and the shaker just adds to the playing experience. I don't see how anybody can dispute that. A shaker is not for affecting the travel of the ball, it is for giving the player a little more stimulation and feedback kind of like Dualshock controllers on a Playstation 3.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I've played mine both ways too, and I find the shaker really adds to the game. It's mostly for the Sandman hits, but they implemented it very well. It really feels like you're smashing him and doing some serious damage!

If you set Shaker to maximal it shakes for combos too.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

If you set Shaker to maximal you shakes for combos too

For sure, there too scooter. It's programmed very well in this game!

#16 11 years ago

Awesome comments guys!
    I don't think I'll be doing the sub woofer for now, as it's on location for the time being. When it goes to my new house, it will be hooked up to a sub!

It does have 2.6 software installed, and full of LED's, very tastefully done I might add.

If I could figure how to post a pic off of my iPhone, I'd post a pic.

#17 11 years ago

Definitely shaker. And mirror blades are good, too.

#18 11 years ago

I like the shaker in mine. But I had to tone it down by moving one of the weights 90 degrees. It tends to be more subtle this way - adding to the game rather than the shaker trying to beat out all the other input to the senses.

#19 11 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of shakers in general. Not sure what it is ...

#20 11 years ago

Spidey's shaker FX are some of the best ever...it completes the game experience. INSTALL!!!!

#21 11 years ago

I think shakers add a nice touch, but not if you have them in every game. If every game has one, the effect kind of gets old. But it's cool to have someone play a few of the games, then play one with a shaker and see the reaction on their face.

I've got one in my BSM but not my POTC or BDK. I've got one in my AFM but not my MM.

#22 11 years ago

I just put a shaker in my SM last week. It's awesome! The Green Goblin and Sandman hits are very cool. I have it set to default because it was shaking a little too much for me at maximum. I'll go back and try it again later.

#23 11 years ago

Definitely SHAKE it! Max setting was too much for me also. Default is the way to go.

#24 11 years ago

Here's your headline Robbie

Spidey Shakes, Sandman Quakes.

Shaker completes the game.

#25 11 years ago

Shake it up postmaster it adds to the game and is incorporated well.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've got one in my BSM but not my POTC or BDK. I've got one in my AFM but not my MM.

Pretty sure POTC doesn't have shaker support.

BDK shaker is OK - not as good as Spidey or IM. The shaker FX that sync w/ the Batmobile footage on the DMD is cool, though.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty sure POTC doesn't have shaker support.
    BDK shaker is OK - not as good as Spidey or IM. The shaker FX that sync w/ the Batmobile footage on the DMD is cool, though.

I wonder how it would work in PotC to put an led flasher bulb in place of the ship flasher to reduce voltage draw then to split the ground line from that flasher and run it as signal to trigger the shaker.

#28 11 years ago

If a Stern games supports a shaker, it's a must buy for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spiderman-to-shake-or-not-to-shake-that-is-the-question-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.